From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a router?
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2023 14:01:18 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 22 Jul 2023 21:01 UTC

On Sun, 05 Feb 2023 12:53:00 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>Just curious, why do you have four installed? I have only two:
>Firefox (my favorite), and Edge, which I hate, but sometimes use when
>a site doesn't work with Firefox.
>
>Just this morning I was on a web site with Firefox and needed to go to
>another page on that site. It didn't work and had to switch to Edge.

I do the same with Chrome and Firefox and keep Edge in solely for apps
that require it none of which seem to be written by anyone other than
Microsoft.

(Kind of like the old America Online browser way back when!)

Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a router?

<vnfqbip4mp9gaifka7de7322mj8gmkelsn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73287&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73287

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:00:56 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:00 UTC

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023 14:01:18 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Feb 2023 12:53:00 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Just curious, why do you have four installed? I have only two:
>>Firefox (my favorite), and Edge, which I hate, but sometimes use when
>>a site doesn't work with Firefox.
>>
>>Just this morning I was on a web site with Firefox and needed to go to
>>another page on that site. It didn't work and had to switch to Edge.
>
>I do the same with Chrome and Firefox and keep Edge in solely

An aside: as I said, I think Edge is the worst of all browsers, but I
also think Chrome is the next worst one. I hate both Edge and Chrome.
I use Edge rarely, but Chrome never.

> for apps

App? It's a matter of web sites, not apps.

>that require it none of which seem to be written by anyone other than
>Microsoft.

In my experience, it's usually an occasional financial institution
that doesn't work with FireFox.

>(Kind of like the old America Online browser way back when!)

My use of AOL was too long ago (about 30 years ago) for me to remember
anything about it.

Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a router?

<ki4u56FkujoU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73288&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73288

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a
router?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 16:09:27 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:09 UTC

Ken Blake wrote:

> I think Edge is the worst of all browsers

I don't normally use Edge, but occasionally it forces its way in, I knew
there was some "AI chat" functionality from Bing included, but in the
past it wanted me to create a MS account, but this time it seems to let
me ask a few questions per day without an account

"What is the best browser?"

It gave a reasonable answer, saying there is no one answer, firefox is
best for this, chrome is best for that, opera is best for the other, but
it didn't say that edge was best for anything!

Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a router?

<p9hqbi1kj0pcl8ki92uktdp2s5fakrmpbt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73289&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73289

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 08:22:56 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 15:22 UTC

On Sun, 23 Jul 2023 16:09:27 +0100, Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk>
wrote:

>Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> I think Edge is the worst of all browsers
>
>I don't normally use Edge, but occasionally it forces its way in, I knew
>there was some "AI chat" functionality from Bing included, but in the
>past it wanted me to create a MS account, but this time it seems to let
>me ask a few questions per day without an account
>
>"What is the best browser?"
>
>It gave a reasonable answer, saying there is no one answer, firefox is
>best for this, chrome is best for that, opera is best for the other, but
>it didn't say that edge was best for anything!

I don't agree. There is no one answer, because we are all different
and what one of us likes isn't necessarily the same as what someone
else likes.

But as far as I'm concerned, there is clearly a best browser: FireFox.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Is there a good tftp client for Microsoft Windows to log into a router?