From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: iPhone Question
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:09:12 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 18:09 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote

> Like to see Wally's validation that NCI was built from SatStat.

Hi Vanguard,

I like you. I completely understand you. You have a caring soul.

I realize you, of all people, are somewhat one in a million, like I am,
where you actually _care_ that people get good answers to questions.

People like Chris are different - they're like cockroaches who are on
Usenet only for their personal amusement - where all Chris wants to do is
argue about what "he thinks" FOSS means - but that's not the point here.

The point I am trying to make is extremely important.
My point is that there are free apps which do what you paid for.

That's the point.

And it's not YOU I'm trying to reach by explaining that to you Vanguard.
I already know you enjoy paying for apps that you can get for free.

What I'm trying to do is edify the other people on this newsgroup Vanguard.
They can get, for free, the exactly same functionality that you pay for.

Steve does this all the time.
He promotes adware and payware apps that I can easily get for free.

My point is only that, Vanguard.
*The same functionality can be had for free and without ads*

That's the strategic point.

You and Chris seem to want to deal with the completely unrelated topic of
what FOSS means (to Chris) and why you enjoy paying for apps.

I completely understand both you and Chris, Vanguard.
You're not difficult to understand (especially Chris - who is a child).
*It's you who doesn't understand me.*

My goal is to provide everyone with the best apps for free without ads.
And without Google spyware if possible.

*If you don't know that by now, then you have a problem, Vanguard*

I am like you in that I _care_ people get good answers.

To that end I am purposefully helpful to the team because I _care_ that the
team can get the best functionality without ads, without cost or spyware.

For _that_ purpose, I "suggest" this app which replaces the functionality
that you pay for (bear in mind it takes intelligence to find these apps).

<https://gitlab.com/mvglasow/satstat>
<https://f-droid.org/packages/com.vonglasow.michael.satstat/>

If you LOVE to pay for what you can get for free - that's your decision.
Me? I strive to use intelligence to find an app that does it for free.
--
If you want to reward the developers - you can always donate to them.

Re: iPhone Question

<ueo29n$11k5n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7347&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7347

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 18:10:14 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 01:10 UTC

On 2023-09-23 11:09, Wally J wrote:
> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote
>
>> Like to see Wally's validation that NCI was built from SatStat.
>
> Hi Vanguard,
>
> I like you. I completely understand you. You have a caring soul.
>
> I realize you, of all people, are somewhat one in a million, like I am,
> where you actually _care_ that people get good answers to questions.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Re: iPhone Question