From: philo@news.novabbs.com (philo)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: AT&T ? (OT)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:26:12 +0000
 by: philo - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:26 UTC

I have been using AT&T broadband for many years and have not had problems so am reluctant to change but figured no harm in asking.

Starting a month ago, I've been getting notices frim AT&T asking if I want to switch to a new service to my area called AT&T Internet Air.

They claim better service at a lower price.

Just curious if anyone here uses it.

Thanks.

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<cj86cit2o9c7l7lektve2juhqqjiar1a4a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73380&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73380

From: none@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: AT&T ? (OT)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 21:09:18 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 02:09 UTC

On Thu, 27 Jul 2023 22:26:12 +0000, philo@news.novabbs.com (philo) wrote:

>I have been using AT&T broadband for many years and have not had problems so am reluctant to change but figured no harm in asking.
>
>Starting a month ago, I've been getting notices frim AT&T asking if I want to switch to a new service to my area called AT&T Internet Air.
>
>They claim better service at a lower price.

Better, compared to what? Only you know what you have now, so only you can say
if it promises to be better. Same with the price.

There are plenty of reviews on the web. Here's one:

https://www.cabletv.com/att/internet-air

Compared to what I have now, AT&T Fiber, AT&T Air is terrible, but your
comparison might be a totally different story.

>Just curious if anyone here uses it.

It's not available where I live.

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<35963917f8b5097939c309608bf02fa1@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73381&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73381

From: philo@news.novabbs.com (philo)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 02:24:23 +0000
 by: philo - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 02:24 UTC

Thanks for the link.
Looks like I will make no changes.
It appears only to be better than DSL

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<XnsB059B35497D9Ethisnthatroadrunnern@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73569&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73569

From: t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m (DanS)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:37:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: DanS - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:37 UTC

philo@news.novabbs.com (philo) wrote in

> I have been using AT&T broadband for many years and have
> not had problems so am reluctant to change but figured no
> harm in asking.
>
> Starting a month ago, I've been getting notices frim AT&T
> asking if I want to switch to a new service to my area
> called AT&T Internet Air.
>
> They claim better service at a lower price.
>
> Just curious if anyone here uses it.
>
> Thanks.

There's a big push in my neighborhood to bail from formerly (International
Cable/Adelphia/TimeWarner, and now Spectrum (Comcast) cable internet.

For the longest time, they were the only highspeed provider right around me. FiOS only
did small initial deployments years ago, and barely any expansion passed those initial
installs (or so it seems). And, well, you know DSL...

....Spectrum was $80/month for 300/20 service, and I even had my own gear. I'd been
using their services for TV since the late 80's, and internet services when they rolled
that out around the mid-90's...oh! LOL...and even the SEGA Network in the 90's too. I
never really had any huge recurring issues, all that time, and was from three different
areas of the same municipality. My only real issue, was the cost. Other constanly bitch
about how it..."it never works", "is always slow" , "is always down", etc. Whatever. I'm
sure much of it is user error.

In the past year, three different fiber providers have 'set up shop'...with FiOS being the
biggest. Greenlight Networks and GoNetSpeed have been rolling out. FiOS was the
first I had access to, and they were offering 300/300 service, for $50/month...with a 10
year price guarantee!!

So I call Spectrum, to see if they can do anything for me, and help me out on the bill. I
didn't just want to jump ship. I'd had few problems with them, and wanted to give them
a chance to perhaps retain me as a customer.

I told this woman exactly what the FiOS deal was. She comes back offernig me to up
my speeds to 500/50 "for free", and cut the price to $45/month....for one year. Then
back to regular price. She said, well $45 is less than $50 a month for 'that other one'. I
did say I told her about the price guanrantee, right? She kept on insisting that that was
the "best they can do".

My FiOS service started in February, and has worked well, so far anyway.

It will be good saving $30/month (not including their future price hikes) over the next 10
years.

According to BookFace, Spectrum is losing subs left and right in my area! ...and
offering sweater retention deals that people still aren't taking.

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<uas02a$32b34$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73574&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73574

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:51:38 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 23:51 UTC

On 8/7/2023 4:37 PM, DanS wrote:
> There's a big push in my neighborhood to bail from formerly (International
> Cable/Adelphia/TimeWarner, and now Spectrum (Comcast) cable internet.

Spectrum is not Comcast. Were you meaning to say Charter?

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<uas6gs$333e3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73576&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73576

From: Zaidy036@air.isp.spam (Zaidy036)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 21:41:48 -0400
 by: Zaidy036 - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 01:41 UTC

On 8/7/2023 7:51 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 8/7/2023 4:37 PM, DanS wrote:
>> There's a big push in my neighborhood to bail from formerly
>> (International
>> Cable/Adelphia/TimeWarner, and now Spectrum (Comcast) cable internet.
>
> Spectrum is not Comcast.  Were you meaning to say Charter?

Comcast is Xfinity

Re: AT&T ? (OT)

<XnsB05A4732CE295thisnthatroadrunnern@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73579&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73579

From: t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m (DanS)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 10:59:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: DanS - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 10:59 UTC

sticks <wolverine01@charter.net> wrote in

> On 8/7/2023 4:37 PM, DanS wrote:
>> There's a big push in my neighborhood to bail from
>> formerly (International Cable/Adelphia/TimeWarner, and now
>> Spectrum (Comcast) cable internet.
>
> Spectrum is not Comcast. Were you meaning to say Charter?

Yes, I did mean Charter. Everything else, is accurate.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: AT&T ? (OT)