<Overfiend> Joy: Hey, I'm an asshole. Assholes emit odious gas. That's what we do.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

SubjectAuthor
* Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtMike S
+* Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtCarlos E. R.
|`- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debtknuttle
+* Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtBig Al
|+- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtCarlos E. R.
|+- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtPaul
|`- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student DebtEric Trump
+- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt CancellationStan Brown
`- Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt CancellationZaghadka

1
Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<uflml5$qr4b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74542&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74542

From: mscir@yahoo.com (Mike S)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt
Cancellation
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:55:31 -0700
 by: Mike S - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 06:55 UTC

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/

There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t
cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in this
case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their
student loans.

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ko7b1oFcgspU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74543&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74543

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 10:39:20 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:39 UTC

On 2023-10-05 08:55, Mike S wrote:
> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>
> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t
> cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in this
> case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their
> student loans.

Did he use Windows 10 to cancel the debt, perhaps?

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ufma70$uhlb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74544&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74544

From: keith_nuttle@yahoo.com (knuttle)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 08:29:19 -0400
 by: knuttle - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 12:29 UTC

On 10/05/2023 4:39 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-05 08:55, Mike S wrote:
>> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>>
>> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t
>> cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in
>> this case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their
>> student loans.
>

> Did he use Windows 10 to cancel the debt, perhaps?

No a virtual reality system.
That is the good thing about Washington considering AI, some
intelligence is better than no intelligence.

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ufmc3r$uvhh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74545&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74545

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 09:01:47 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 13:01 UTC

On 10/5/23 02:55, this is what Mike S wrote:
> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>
> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than
> the borrower, in this case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their student loans.
That always bothered me about this debt-cancellation stuff. If I as a student paid off my $40,000 loan through toil and
trouble, then have to have my taxes go to pay off someone else's debt seems cruel.
Negotiate a lower payment rate or interest rate on the debt, or even negotiate a lower debt with the lending
institution, but just toss it away, or pay with my money? S**t no!
I put 2 kids through college and I paid for it out of a working salary and savings.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ko8amhFhdk7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74550&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74550

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 19:39:29 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 17:39 UTC

On 2023-10-05 15:01, Big Al wrote:
> On 10/5/23 02:55, this is what Mike S wrote:
>> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>>
>> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t
>> cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in
>> this case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their
>> student loans.
> That always bothered me about this debt-cancellation stuff.  If I as a
> student paid off my $40,000 loan through toil and trouble, then have to
> have my taxes go to pay off someone else's debt seems cruel.
> Negotiate a lower payment rate or interest rate on the debt, or even
> negotiate a lower debt with the lending institution, but just toss it
> away, or pay with my money? S**t no!
> I put 2 kids through college and I paid for it out of a working salary
> and savings.

Ains.

Why do you have to argue politics of a foreign country in an
international Windows 10 group?

Don't you have groups in which discuss USAian politics to your heart
content?

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ufn11r$135ud$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74554&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74554

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 14:59:04 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 18:59 UTC

On 10/5/2023 9:01 AM, Big Al wrote:
> On 10/5/23 02:55, this is what Mike S wrote:
>> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>>
>> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in this case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their student loans.
> That always bothered me about this debt-cancellation stuff.  If I as a student paid off my $40,000 loan through toil and trouble, then have to have my taxes go to pay off someone else's debt seems cruel.
> Negotiate a lower payment rate or interest rate on the debt, or even negotiate a lower debt with the lending institution, but just toss it away, or pay with my money? S**t no!
> I put 2 kids through college and I paid for it out of a working salary and savings.

I can see why this thread is in the Win10 group.

I don't get this at all.

https://www.investopedia.com/student-loan-debt-2019-statistics-and-outlook-4772007

"Another $115 billion is held by those 62 and older."

How would you even apply a 9 Billion bandaid to a 1630 Billion wound ?
Would you hold it on with extra-wide tape or something ? :-/

Paul

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<ufnkg6$12n2d$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74564&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74564

From: invalid@invalid.net (Eric Trump)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Cancellation
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 00:26:36 +0000
 by: Eric Trump - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 00:26 UTC

On 05/10/2023 14:01, Big Al wrote:
> On 10/5/23 02:55, this is what Mike S wrote:
>> https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>>

>> There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation � debt isn�t
>> cancelled; it�s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in
>> this case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off
>> their student loans.
> That always bothered me about this debt-cancellation stuff.� If I as a
> student paid off my $40,000 loan through toil and trouble, then have
> to have my taxes go to pay off someone else's debt seems cruel.
> Negotiate a lower payment rate or interest rate on the debt, or even
> negotiate a lower debt with the lending institution, but just toss it
> away, or pay with my money? S**t no!
> I put 2 kids through college and I paid for it out of a working salary
> and savings.

But you are not a politician. Biden has election coming next year and he
needs African-Americans to vote for him. He can bribe them by cancelling
their student-debt financed by Republican tax payers. That's very smart
don't you think so?

I wonder how did this pass thru the congress.

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<MPG.3f891884f352197f9901c3@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74566&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74566

From: the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 20:02:04 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 03:02 UTC

On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:55:31 -0700, Mike S wrote:

[off-topic politics]

Please take it to alt.talk.politics.

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation

<fk5vhidauerd537baq8u10o6pkla7hineo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=74567&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#74567

From: zaghadka@hotmail.com (Zaghadka)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2023 00:11:18 -0500
 by: Zaghadka - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 05:11 UTC

On Wed, 4 Oct 2023 23:55:31 -0700, Mike S <mscir@yahoo.com> wrote:

>https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-announces-9-billion-taxpayer-funded-student-debt-cancellation/
>
>There is, of course, no such thing as debt cancellation — debt isn’t
>cancelled; it’s only repaid by someone other than the borrower, in this
>case, the U.S. taxpayer, many of whom have already paid off their
>student loans.

Since the Federal government owns the debt on direct loans, I think the
word they're looking for is "forgiveness." The Federal government will
forgive the debt.

They probably used a form of "cancel" instead because young people, and
some not-so-bright older people, are in love with that concept.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Biden Announces $9 Billion in Taxpayer-Funded Student Debt Cancellation