Our business is run on trust. We trust you will pay in advance.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

SubjectAuthor
* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
+* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
|`* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
| +* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
| |`- T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
| `- T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan
+* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsCarlos E. R.
|+- T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan Browne
|`* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginswasbit
| `- T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsCarlos E. R.
`- T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan

1
Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmoi0$355lp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75053&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75053

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:50:23 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:50 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>
> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
> Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
> provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
> domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
> lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
> T-Mobile or Metro.
>
> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
> don't want to be.

Wow. Good data Steve. Thank you for adding value to this newsgroup!
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>

Thank you Steve for that information since many of us are on T-Mobile.
I dialed 611 "T-Mobile Care" from my cellphone to check the veracity.

You're completely right.
This is terrible for the people who don't know what you know.

Thanks again for informing us about this forced migration.
The short answer for people like badgolferman is to ask for this:
"T-Mobile Plan Migration Optout Feature"

Once they put _that_ on your plan, they will not be migrating you.
Now, for the gory details...

The call started right away with a short pre-recorded message saying that
you should receive a text or email message saying if they're migrating you.
Note I did not receive that message to my knowledge (at least not yet).

I opted for the callback which came back in one minute (why do they even
bother with a callback when it's that short - probably it's procedural).

Grace picked up the call and started telling me the spiel of "They're
moving grandfathered plans to a newer and better plan with more benefits"
when I told her to cut the crap and just explain the plans.

Grace told me I was on the "T-Mobile Simple Choice" autopay with an added
"Simple Global" free international roaming with unlimited data (since I
visit Germany a few times a year) for four lines plus two iPads for ~$100 +
about ~$20 in taxes and fees (the two iPads are 200GB/month free for life).
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhpbcP50/tmopromo04.jpg> (this is an old bill)

Simple Choice was upgraded after the Sprint merger to basically unlimited
everything in the USA but it does not have free Canada or Mexico calls.
Unlimited calls in the USA
Unlimited roaming in the USA (but not Canada or Mexico)
Unlimited texts & MMS in the USA
Essentially unlimited data (50GB/tower can be imposed)
5GB hotspot

The "Simple Global" feature had added
$0.25/minute calls while in Europe (both directions)
Unlimited International Roaming (while in Europe)
Unlimited SMS & MMS (while in Europe)
Essentially unlimited data (while in Europe)
No hotspot (while in Europe) <=== too bad as the iPads could use this

They say I would be migrated, (if I didn't opt out that is), to Magenta.

The "Magenta" autopay costs ~$160 + ~$32 tax (which is criminal, IMHO).
Unlimited calls in the USA
Unlimited roaming in the USA (plus Canada & Mexico Mobile w/o borders).
Unlimited texts & MMS in the USA
Essentially unlimited data (50GB/tower can be imposed)
5GB hotspot
Netflix (for the duration of the plan)
Apple TV+ (for 6 months)
AAA (for 12 months for ONE person) + concurrent travel benefits

*The end result is that the "newer & better plan" is a rip off.*

OLD PLAN:
~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
NEW PLAN:
~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)

It's garbage.
1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
"Plan Migration Optout"

There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.
A few minutes after the call (which took almost an hour to complete)
I received this text message which wasn't all that reassuring, but at least
I think Grace added that feature to my plan (I'll check 611 tomorrow).
FROM: 456
"Thank you for allowing me to assist you today!
Please rest assured that I addressed all the concerns you shared with me.
Thanks for being a part of T-Mobile, America's leader in 5G coverage.
Magraceangelic"
<https://i.postimg.cc/G2wVHjTT/optoutplanmigration.jpg>

Please keep us informed, Steve, of any new information you learn about it.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmp10$3468g$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75055&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75055

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:58:24 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:58 UTC

On 10/17/23 14:50, Wally J wrote:
> OLD PLAN:
> ~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
> NEW PLAN:
> ~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)

Bundling is the worst, especially for services I don't use (Netflix/AppleTV)

> It's garbage.
> 1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
> 2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
> "Plan Migration Optout"
>
> There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.

So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
feature"?

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<kp87m8F9i3fU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75056&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75056

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:04:24 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:04 UTC

On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
related issue?

I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.

Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmqbt$35gs8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75057&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75057

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:21:16 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:21 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> On 10/17/23 14:50, Wally J wrote:
>> OLD PLAN:
>> ~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
>> NEW PLAN:
>> ~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)
>
> Bundling is the worst, especially for services I don't use (Netflix/AppleTV)

My wife shares Netflix with the kids who pay for it and give her the login
information so we don't need that - plus I always put the women in the
family on AAA (the boys have to learn how to change tires & fix engines!).
<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

As I recall, AAA is ~$50 for one person per year but this plan costs an
extra $70 per month - which negates that possible benefit.

Besides, it's only for one year.
Likewise with the AppleTV (whatever that is) which is only 1/2 year.

If someone calls them up next, let us know if the Netflix is also limited
to one year as I don't remember if I explicitly clarified the time period.
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg> Summary of the plans

On their migrated plan, I would have gone from ~$120/month to ~$190/month.
<https://i.postimg.cc/YC1B906F/tmopromo01.jpg> A32-5G & iPhone 12 contract
<https://i.postimg.cc/Xq5SpS4D/tmopromo02.jpg> $15/mo iPhone,$0/mo Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhpbcP50/tmopromo04.jpg> $100 for 6 lines + $16 fees
>> It's garbage.
>> 1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
>> 2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
>> "Plan Migration Optout"
>>
>> There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.
>
> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
> feature"?

I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
a. If you do NOT receive an email or text, you're safe... but...
b. What if you _missed_ that email or text (or if they don't send it) so...
c. My recommendation is to call them and tell them you want to opt out.

I don't think it matters how you tell them to opt you out.
I just happened to be documented it, and it's call "Plan Migration Optout."

BTW, Grace used the words "on us" for the Netflix and AppleTV and AAA.
But I told her curtly to cut the crap - there was silence for a moment.
If I'm paying for a bill - it's not "on us" but "on me", is it not.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmta1$3468f$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75058&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75058

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:11:29 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:11 UTC

On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
>> feature"?
>
> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.

I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
the feature "Plan Migration Optout".

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmtln$3667r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75059&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75059

Followup: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:17:43 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:17 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
>> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>>> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
>>> feature"?
>>
>> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
>
> I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
> the feature "Plan Migration Optout".

I'm sure TMobile doesn't need the exact keywords for you to opt out.
<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

Here's what I recommend people do immediately, before they're opted in.
a. They call 611 from their phone
b. They ask if they're being migrated
c. If the answer is yes, then they ask to compare the old & new plans
<https://i.postimg.cc/L6dFGXVd/tmopromo03.jpg> $100 6 lines + $25 fees

If they don't like the new plan, then they tell tmo to 'fugetaboutit!
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>
--
f'up removes the Windows newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<f8DXM.60073$0UVe.47809@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75060&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75060

Today
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:37:14 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:37 UTC

On 2023-10-17 16:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
> related issue?
>
> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>
> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

+1

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugn8mm$38epf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75063&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75063

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:25:58 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 00:25 UTC

On 2023-10-17 12:50, Wally J wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
>> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>>
>> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>>
>> Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
>> provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
>> domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
>> lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
>> T-Mobile or Metro.
>>
>> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>> don't want to be.
>
> Wow. Good data Steve. Thank you for adding value to this newsgroup!

Dude... ...you are NOT a hall monitor.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugn8th$38epf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75064&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75064

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:29:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 00:29 UTC

On 2023-10-17 13:21, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>> On 10/17/23 14:50, Wally J wrote:
>>> OLD PLAN:
>>> ~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
>>> NEW PLAN:
>>> ~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)
>>
>> Bundling is the worst, especially for services I don't use (Netflix/AppleTV)
>
> My wife shares Netflix with the kids who pay for it and give her the login
> information so we don't need that - plus I always put the women in the
> family on AAA (the boys have to learn how to change tires & fix engines!).
> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

So you advocate theft and male chauvinism...

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugo62m$3i4ss$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75076&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75076

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:47:17 +0100
 by: wasbit - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:47 UTC

On 17/10/2023 21:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
> related issue?
>
> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>
> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

It's deliberate.
He has added each non relevant group separately.
Presumably the original post was in one of the mobile phone groups.

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<kp9kpmFih9cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75077&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75077

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:54:14 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 08:54 UTC

On 2023-10-18 10:47, wasbit wrote:
> On 17/10/2023 21:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>>
>> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a
>> phone related issue?
>>
>> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>>
>> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.
>>

> It's deliberate.
> He has added each non relevant group separately.
> Presumably the original post was in one of the mobile phone groups.

Yes, it was, I saw it.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today