A pain in the ass of major dimensions. -- C. A. Desoer, on the solution of non-linear circuits

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

SubjectAuthor
* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyEric the Red
+* Updating our Google Account inactivity policybadgolferman
|+* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyEric the Red
||`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAuric__
|| `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyIncubus
||  +- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAlan Browne
||  +- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyCarlos E.R.
||  `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyFrank Slootweg
||   +* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAlan Browne
||   |`- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyFrank Slootweg
||   `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyCarlos E.R.
|+- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyChar Jackson
|+* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAndy Burns
||`- Updating our Google Account inactivity policybadgolferman
|`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyThe Horny Goat
| +* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBig Al
| |`- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyCarlos E. R.
| `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyEvil Boomer Santa Claus
|  `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyThe Horny Goat
+* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAlan Browne
|`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyOscar Mayer
| `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyAlan Browne
+* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyJörg_Lorenz
|`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBob Campbell
| +* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyMark Lloyd
| |`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyLord Vader
| | `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyCarlos E.R.
| |  `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyPaul
| |   `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyOscar Mayer
| `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyJörg_Lorenz
+- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyNewyana2
`* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBucky Breeder
 `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyCarlos E.R.
  `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBucky Breeder
   `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyJörg_Lorenz
    `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBucky Breeder
     +* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyJörg_Lorenz
     |`- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBucky Breeder
     `* Updating our Google Account inactivity policyJörg_Lorenz
      `- Updating our Google Account inactivity policyBucky Breeder

Pages:12
Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uah95f$uibs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73471&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73471

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:19:27 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 22:19 UTC

On 8/3/2023 4:29 PM, Carlos E.R. wrote:

>>> Even if you did, why would you login?
>>
>> The guy you're responding to is so dumb he has never searched the Internet?
>> And then, he's so dumb that he thinks a search requires him to login first?
>> Who is that stupid?
>
> Millions of people use google search while logged in.

And the reason is "token persistence".

Doing a discrete "log out" should clear the token.

Otherwise, the token just might be available tomorrow,
when you were not expecting it.

Paul

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uahuv4$156j8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73476&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73476

From: nobody@oscarmayer.com (Oscar Mayer)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 00:32:22 -0400
 by: Oscar Mayer - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 04:32 UTC

On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 18:19:27 -0400, Paul wrote:

>>> The guy you're responding to is so dumb he has never searched the Internet?
>>> And then, he's so dumb that he thinks a search requires him to login first?
>>> Who is that stupid?
>>
>> Millions of people use google search while logged in.
>>

> And the reason is "token persistence".

You'll probably notice the same guys like Bob Campbell who complain that
Google tracks them are the same ones who do all their searches logged in.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uai2im$3ag9$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73478&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73478

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 07:33:10 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 05:33 UTC

Am 03.08.23 um 05:15 schrieb Bob Campbell:
> Jörg Lorenz <hugybear@gmx.ch> wrote:
>> Am 03.08.23 um 00:13 schrieb Eric the Red:
>>> Most of us have over a dozen google accounts so this may impact you...
>>
>> Seriously?
>
> Indeed. I have NO google accounts. Never will again. The one that I
> had when I had an Android phone 7 years ago is long gone. Also I have
> never willingly used google search. I have used it a couple times on
> various things before changing the default to something better.

Many years ago I switched to:

https://duckduckgo.com

Can be hardened with ad- and trackingblocker.

Privacy Dashboard
Privacy Protection

>>> To: google account holder
>>> Subject: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy
>>> Date: today
>>
>> In an iPhone-Group?
>
> It’s called trolling.

+1

>>> (C) 2023 Google LLC 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043
>>
>> Who cares?
>
> No one in the iPhone newsgroup, that’s for sure.

My words exactly.

--
Alea iacta est

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<XnsB056776C627F3Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73489&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73489

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2023 16:44:24 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:44 UTC

Carlos E.R. <robin_listas@es.invalid> posted this via

> On 2023-08-03 16:22, Bucky Breeder wrote:
>> Eric the Red <Eric@TheRed.com> posted this via
>>
>>> Most of us have over a dozen google accounts so this may impact you...

>> I have a few Gmail accounts so when I got the memo, I went via the web
>> interface to make sure all the latent accounts would have some activity
>> logged. Most were loaded with SPAM, so that was an affirmative action
>> the Gmail servers could log when I cleared all the junk.
>>
>> Two (2) interesting things are happening with the Google behemoth:
>>
>> 1) After I would sign out of one account, I would close the browser,
>> then clear all my cookies and caches before signing into the next
>> account. Even with the clean-up effort, Gmail still recognized [my
>> device, I presume] and started linking the accounts together; such
>> that, next time I signed out, closed out the browser, cleared the
>> caches, then attempted to sign in to the next account, the sign in page
>> would list the previous accounts, now linked, and give me an option
>> into which to login, or to "add another account."
>
> You have to log out. Deleting cookies is not necessary.
>
> Alternatively, you can login to each with a different Firefox profile -
> in Linux:
>
> firefox --ProfileManager &
>
> so that Google considers them different devices. You can thus be
> simultaneously logged to several gmail accounts.

It's so special that YOU think I was asking for help. I was merely
relaying the current landscape as I have discovered it pursuant to Gmail's
notice to update Gmail accounts or lose them. Who is so dedicated that
they would try to spoof an email provider into perceiving them as
"different devices?" Who is so dedicated that they would utilize Linux to
actuate such deception? Who would want to login to several different gmail
accounts with several apparently different devices simultaneously??? To
what end? It's rhetorical so please don't answer... We are fully aware
that there are special people out there who do special things because,
well, because they're just so special.

The primary issue hereto is that Alphabet/Google/Gmail is compiling a
dataset which identifies users and connects them to devices. A secondary
issue is that Gmail is retaining identification information somewhere other
than your browser or email client's cookies. For what reason could they
possibly utilize this data... besides an opportunity to sell you out to a
hostile government agency which is seeking to persecute you? Or maybe sell
you some stuff that you wouldn't ordinarily be seeking to purchase?

>> Seemingly randomly, as I progressed through each account, I was
>> required to execute Captchas and/or retrieve a validation code prior to
>> proceeding.
>>
>> M'eh... Got 'er done.
>>
>> 2) One of my flagship accounts, not frequently used, required a
>> validation code be sent to me via an old mobile phone number - which I
>> had long ago changed to my current number.
>>
>> A. Sign in: *********@gmail.com
>> B. Must execute Captcha process
>> C. Password: enter password
>> D. Interface demands verification via old cell phone
>> E. "Can't sign you in" > "... doesn't have enough information
>> to be sure this account is yours."
>> F. "Learn more about recovery information [link]"
>>
>> REFERENCE: https://support.google.com/mail/thread/3898219
>>
>> EVERYTHING is a loopback to the fact that I changed cell phone
>> numbers...
>>
>> I even got a return email from Gmail support, but it simply pointed me
>> at the above link then stated that "some accounts will be
>> unrecoverable..." then invites you simply open a new account.

>> recovery number and Gmail won't allow you to sign in without sending a
>> verification code to the old recovery number... Additionally, the
>> system will not allow you reestablish or reopen the disabled account
>> using a different password, recovery number, etc.
>
> Which is a reason to have several different recovery options with them,
> like an alternate email, and try to keep the information current.

Yours is what is called an ex post facto observation, isn't it? D'uh. It
really does NOT substantively address the blind-loop issue indigenous to
the Gmail account recovery system. [insert screed about why people need to
be very afraid of A.I.] I am losing that account because Gmail changed its
procedures, NOT because I failed to comply with their original requirements
when I first got my invitation to join circa 2004.

Additionally, if they're going to all the trouble to associate and retain
information about users, their accounts, and their devices; then, it should
be only a minor endeavor of considerable ease to assist a user recovering
an inaccessable account only because a mobile phone number has changed.

We all now KNOW how to prevent it from happening in the future, don't we?

>> Sucks for me, but if it's happening to me, you can bet it's happening
>> to thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of other users. Seems like
>> a terrible waste of server space to keep all those damaged accounts on
>> file, especially when they have gone to extraordinary efforts to tie
>> all your Gmail accounts together, which SHOULD serve to verify each
>> other. D'uh.
>>
>> As they say "Welcome to the d-d-d-di-di-di-dig-dig-digi-digit-digita-
>> digita-digital age."

My article, contribution to the discussion, was intended to be
informational - not confrontational. Someone from Gmail/Google, or someone
who knows someone from Gmail/Google, or someone who knows someone who knows
someone from Gmail/Google who is not yet consumed by oblivious groupthink
might actually recognize an error in the account recovery system and make
some simple adjustments thereto. It would actually benefit Gmail as much
as affected users because they would not need the extra server space
retaining information on crippled accounts which could be easily and safely
recovered.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uajlr5$45ee$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73492&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73492

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 22:08:05 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 20:08 UTC

Am 04.08.23 um 18:44 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
> It's so special that YOU think I was asking for help. I was merely
> relaying the current landscape as I have discovered it pursuant to Gmail's
> notice to update Gmail accounts or lose them.

That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
Stop this X-posting.

--
Alea iacta est

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<XnsB056EF8436014Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73502&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73502

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 04:32:43 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 04:32 UTC

=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_Lorenz?= <hugybear@gmx.ch> posted this via

> Am 04.08.23 um 18:44 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
>> It's so special that YOU think I was asking for help. I was merely
>> relaying the current landscape as I have discovered it pursuant to
>> Gmail's notice to update Gmail accounts or lose them.
>
> That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
> Stop this X-posting.

Thanks for licking my nutsack, you dillhole. My iPhone has the same issues
as you snipped from my post. Go try to be drag queen of some other internet,
you dumbass dillhole.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uakmoo$4n95$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73503&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73503

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 07:30:00 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 05:30 UTC

Am 05.08.23 um 06:32 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_Lorenz?= <hugybear@gmx.ch> posted this via
>
>> Am 04.08.23 um 18:44 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
>>> It's so special that YOU think I was asking for help. I was merely
>>> relaying the current landscape as I have discovered it pursuant to
>>> Gmail's notice to update Gmail accounts or lose them.
>>
>> That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
>> Stop this X-posting.
>
> Thanks for licking my nutsack, you dillhole. My iPhone has the same issues
> as you snipped from my post. Go try to be drag queen of some other internet,
> you dumbass dillhole.

Troll.
"Google Account inactivity policy" has abolutely nothing to do with an
iPhone. You seem to be brain dead.

--
Alea iacta est

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uakmsc$4n95$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73504&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73504

From: hugybear@gmx.ch (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2023 07:31:56 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 05:31 UTC

Am 05.08.23 um 06:32 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_Lorenz?= <hugybear@gmx.ch> posted this via
>
>> Am 04.08.23 um 18:44 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
>>> It's so special that YOU think I was asking for help. I was merely
>>> relaying the current landscape as I have discovered it pursuant to
>>> Gmail's notice to update Gmail accounts or lose them.
>>
>> That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
>> Stop this X-posting.
>
> Thanks for licking my nutsack, you dillhole. My iPhone has the same issues
> as you snipped from my post. Go try to be drag queen of some other internet,
> you dumbass dillhole.

Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>

A case for the loony bin.
*ROTFLSTC*

--
Alea iacta est

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<XnsB0576D9A0C108Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73522&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73522

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 15:46:30 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:46 UTC

> Am 05.08.23 um 06:32 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
>> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_Lorenz?= <hugybear@gmx.ch> posted this via

>>> That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
>>> Stop this X-posting.
>>
>> Thanks for licking my nutsack, you dillhole. My iPhone has the same
>> issues as you snipped from my post. Go try to be drag queen of some
>> other internet, you dumbass dillhole.
>
> Troll.
> "Google Account inactivity policy" has abolutely nothing to do with an
> iPhone. You seem to be brain dead.

Siri just said YOU are a shit stain and I should ignore you. So I am.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<XnsB0576DDB8CD48Ohmmmmmmm@85.12.62.254>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=73523&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#73523

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out (Bucky Breeder)
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 15:48:00 GMT
 by: Bucky Breeder - Sat, 5 Aug 2023 15:48 UTC

> Am 05.08.23 um 06:32 schrieb Bucky Breeder:
>> =?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_Lorenz?= <hugybear@gmx.ch> posted this via

>>> That is of no interest in an iPhone-group at all.
>>> Stop this X-posting.
>>
>> Thanks for licking my nutsack, you dillhole. My iPhone has the same
>> issues as you snipped from my post. Go try to be drag queen of some
>> other internet, you dumbass dillhole.
>
> Bucky Breeder <Breeder_Bucky-Breeder@That's.my.name_Don't.wear.it.out>
>
> A case for the loony bin.
> *ROTFLSTC*

Siri just said you are a clueless shit stain and I should ignore you.

So that is what we are doing now.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;

And *NO*, that is *NOT* a Jedi Light Saber I have in my pocket!

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm happy to see you either.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<mi8iki9kmlrdcv1mp3bgfqalfa3u6e8m6r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75476&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75476

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 09:33:33 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 17:33 UTC

On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:28:18 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
<REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

>Eric the Red <Eric@TheRed.com> wrote:
>> Most of us have over a dozen google accounts so this may impact you...
>>

>Really? You have over a dozen Google accounts?

I did years ago when playing a game that gave a definite game benefit
to players who had multiple accounts and used them to funnel resources
back and forth. I only use one of them now (since I no longer play
that game and use that account for testing things)

I had best get busy then if those are the new rules since my wife
passed 18 months ago and I'm certain she didn't designate my acct as
her recovery account. (Though I've set it up to send to my
Thunderbird account so it's probably a non-issue since her messages
are auto-forwarded to my secondary account - initially this was
important since various real world accounts like our newspaper were
paid on her credit card not mine. Similarly our communications with a
charitable group we've supported for 15+ years - and which I still do
support but with communications to my acct now)

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<uibg91$jpjp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75477&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75477

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 14:54:10 -0500
 by: Big Al - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 19:54 UTC

On 11/6/23 12:33 PM, this is what The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:28:18 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Eric the Red <Eric@TheRed.com> wrote:
>>> Most of us have over a dozen google accounts so this may impact you...
>>>

>> Really? You have over a dozen Google accounts?
>>
> I did years ago when playing a game that gave a definite game benefit
> to players who had multiple accounts and used them to funnel resources
> back and forth. I only use one of them now (since I no longer play
> that game and use that account for testing things)
>
> I had best get busy then if those are the new rules since my wife
> passed 18 months ago and I'm certain she didn't designate my acct as
> her recovery account. (Though I've set it up to send to my
> Thunderbird account so it's probably a non-issue since her messages
> are auto-forwarded to my secondary account - initially this was
> important since various real world accounts like our newspaper were
> paid on her credit card not mine. Similarly our communications with a
> charitable group we've supported for 15+ years - and which I still do
> support but with communications to my acct now)
Would be nice if people would not snip the original test. I am assuming there was a link to an article from google.
I've probably seen it and I know I have 1 account they can kill if it gets old.

But I would like to see the notice.
--
Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Al

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<kquiolFdljU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75478&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75478

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 11:44:37 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 10:44 UTC

On 2023-11-06 20:54, Big Al wrote:
> On 11/6/23 12:33 PM, this is what The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Wed, 2 Aug 2023 22:28:18 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman
>> <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would be nice if people would not snip the original test.   I am
> assuming there was a link to an article from google.
> I've probably seen it and I know I have 1 account they can kill if it
> gets old.
>
> But I would like to see the notice.

The initial post was sent at the start of August (to Newsgroups:
misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10),
and it was basically a forward of an email, so no, there was no link.

You should have that email in your account. And you will get warning
emails if your account is going to be deleted, on your account and on
your recovery mail (if you provided it), at least 8 months before deletion.

The thread has been dormant for three months now.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<ra0okihej8boeiafv8d4mgtdaopghat28d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75491&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75491

From: evilboomerNOSPAM@gmail.com (Evil Boomer Santa Claus)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 22:46:57 +0100
 by: Evil Boomer Santa Cl - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 21:46 UTC

On Mon, 06 Nov 2023 09:33:33 -0800, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>I did years ago when playing a game that gave a definite game benefit
>to players who had multiple accounts and used them to funnel resources
>back and forth. I only use one of them now (since I no longer play
>that game and use that account for testing things)

Maybe a Facebook Game called Stormfall or Farmville? :D

I too have many account, have add all in Edge Browser and Thunderbird.

Every 6 months one message to everyone read and written and also a
login via Edge.

And think if I need again all or can dismiss some. :D

Re: Updating our Google Account inactivity policy

<v8bpkila9udn3rc3epsc356gvfr39pevmh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75494&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75494

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 01:58:15 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 09:58 UTC

On Wed, 08 Nov 2023 22:46:57 +0100, Evil Boomer Santa Claus
<evilboomerNOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

>>I did years ago when playing a game that gave a definite game benefit
>>to players who had multiple accounts and used them to funnel resources
>>back and forth. I only use one of them now (since I no longer play
>>that game and use that account for testing things)
>
>Maybe a Facebook Game called Stormfall or Farmville? :D

Actually it was Evony which I am now completely out of but at one time
had 18 accounts