If you have a procedure with 10 parameters, you probably missed some.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

SubjectAuthor
* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Peter
+* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Carlos E. R.
|`* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Peter
| `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Nic
|  `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Peter
|   `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Bill W
|    `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Larry Wolff
|     `- Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Oscar Mayer
+* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Paul
|`* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Peter
| `- Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Patrick
`* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?geoff
 `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Charlie
  `* Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Wolf Greenblatt
   `- Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?Andrew

1
Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj4idt$267aq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75737&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75737

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Subject: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:04:13 +0000
 by: Peter - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 08:04 UTC

Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware? Does it exist?

I am trying to set up an old Android phone as a motion activated wi-fi
camera with the phone permanently on power taped to a window pane.

I looked it up and got halfway there with this reddit thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/14r8u7u/motion_detection_using_old_android_phone_camera/

That free app sets up a local web server which displays whatever is on the
phone's camera output which creates a closed circuit Wi-Fi TV on the PC.

But the phone camera isn't a motion activated recording.
It's just a live TV display of whatever is happening visible to the phone.

What I want is if the PC window "shows motion", then the PC can save the
window as an image (or better yet as a five second video of the motion).

Does motion activated recording software exist for the Windows PC that will
be able to sense motion inside an otherwise static application window?

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<krm9ibFhsnuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75741&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75741

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:34:51 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:34 UTC

On 2023-11-16 09:04, Peter wrote:
> Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware? Does it exist?
>
> I am trying to set up an old Android phone as a motion activated wi-fi
> camera with the phone permanently on power taped to a window pane.
>
> I looked it up and got halfway there with this reddit thread.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/14r8u7u/motion_detection_using_old_android_phone_camera/
>
> That free app sets up a local web server which displays whatever is on the
> phone's camera output which creates a closed circuit Wi-Fi TV on the PC.
>
> But the phone camera isn't a motion activated recording.
> It's just a live TV display of whatever is happening visible to the phone.
>
> What I want is if the PC window "shows motion", then the PC can save the
> window as an image (or better yet as a five second video of the motion).
>
> Does motion activated recording software exist for the Windows PC that will
> be able to sense motion inside an otherwise static application window?

There are motion activated phone apps, and there is computer software
"motion activated".

I can not recommend any, just that it does exist.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj4vts$28hbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75744&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75744

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 06:54:35 -0500
 by: Paul - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 11:54 UTC

On 11/16/2023 3:04 AM, Peter wrote:
> Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware? Does it exist?
>
> I am trying to set up an old Android phone as a motion activated wi-fi
> camera with the phone permanently on power taped to a window pane.
>
> I looked it up and got halfway there with this reddit thread.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/14r8u7u/motion_detection_using_old_android_phone_camera/
>
> That free app sets up a local web server which displays whatever is on the
> phone's camera output which creates a closed circuit Wi-Fi TV on the PC.
>
> But the phone camera isn't a motion activated recording.
> It's just a live TV display of whatever is happening visible to the phone.
>
> What I want is if the PC window "shows motion", then the PC can save the
> window as an image (or better yet as a five second video of the motion).
>
> Does motion activated recording software exist for the Windows PC that will
> be able to sense motion inside an otherwise static application window?

I would use a PIR (passive, infrared) sensor, which triggers on warm-bodied objects
as small as a mouse. You would place the PIR in a different location
than the camera, since the PIR needs noise sources to be out of the
field of view to work properly.

*******

While you could use YOLO, it's only as good as the training set,
and the concept is generally a "hot mess" if you're not an expert
at this stuff.

https://hypraptive.github.io/2017/01/29/find-the-bears-yolo.html

# Sample detection

https://hypraptive.github.io/assets/find-the-bears/yolo-predictions.png

When it detects a bear, it assigns a probability. If it said "bear p=0.8"
then it's a bear, if it said "bear p=0.5", then it is a squirrel :-) Thus,
when you set up your bear detector, you set a rule "p > 0.8". Occasionally,
a bear walks into the picture backwards, the camera never sees the bears
face, and no video of the bear is captured. Because p < 0.8 while the
bear walks backwards.

Whereas with the PIR, it doesn't matter whether the bear walks
backwards, sideways, forward, it's a huge infrared source and
it reliably sets off the trail cam.

Paul

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<75-cnXzn5cGABsv4nZ2dnZfqnPGdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75754&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75754

Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:43:41 +1300
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:43 UTC

On 16/11/2023 9:04 pm, Peter wrote:
> Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware? Does it exist?
>
> I am trying to set up an old Android phone as a motion activated wi-fi
> camera with the phone permanently on power taped to a window pane.
>
> I looked it up and got halfway there with this reddit thread.
> https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/14r8u7u/motion_detection_using_old_android_phone_camera/
>
> That free app sets up a local web server which displays whatever is on the
> phone's camera output which creates a closed circuit Wi-Fi TV on the PC.
>
> But the phone camera isn't a motion activated recording.
> It's just a live TV display of whatever is happening visible to the phone.
>
> What I want is if the PC window "shows motion", then the PC can save the
> window as an image (or better yet as a five second video of the motion).
>
> Does motion activated recording software exist for the Windows PC that will
> be able to sense motion inside an otherwise static application window?

Is this for a toilet ?

geoff

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj70ua$2m8lp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75770&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75770

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:24:11 +0000
 by: Peter - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:24 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
> There are motion activated phone apps, and there is computer software
> "motion activated".
>
> I can not recommend any, just that it does exist.

I'm currently testing your suggestion on the Android ng of the Android APK
"Motion Detector Pro" but I'm hoping to also the suggestion of running the
PC Motion Eye tools, which seem to be how people do PC motion detection.

https://techniapps.com/2020/06/28/download-motioneye-pc-windows-os-x/

I don't have either working yet, so if there are any other PC solutions,
please let me know because it's useful to repurpose an old phone this way.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj728t$15ft$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75771&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75771

From: charlie@nospam.com (Charlie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:46:54 -0700
 by: Charlie - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 06:46 UTC

On this Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:43:41 +1300, geoff wrote:

>> What I want is if the PC window "shows motion", then the PC can save the
>> window as an image (or better yet as a five second video of the motion).
>>
>> Does motion activated recording software exist for the Windows PC that will
>> be able to sense motion inside an otherwise static application window?
>
> Is this for a toilet ?

Bowel movements aside, will the Windows open source iSpy or AgentDVR progs
do what you need?

https://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide.aspx
iSpy is the most popular Windows open source motion detection surveillance
application in the world

https://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-agent-dvr.aspx
Agent DVR is a standalone replacement for iSpy that runs as a service or as
a console application on Windows 7+, Linux X64 (tested with Ubuntu 18.04+),
OSX (+M1), Arm and Arm64 based operating systems (like Raspberry Pi). Agent
uses less CPU than iSpy and features a web user interface that is
accessible from anywhere with no port forwarding required. Agent does not
have a windows forms user interface like iSpy does. Agent runs it's own
webserver and the user interface is all browser based via
http://localhost:8090

Someone who has used both might be able to help you choose between them.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj7585$2n1f5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75772&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75772

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:37:41 +0000
 by: Peter - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:37 UTC

Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:
> I would use a PIR (passive, infrared) sensor, which triggers on warm-bodied objects
> as small as a mouse. You would place the PIR in a different location
> than the camera, since the PIR needs noise sources to be out of the
> field of view to work properly.

I don't disagree with you that adding an infrared sensor is useful but I
want to only connect my spare Android phone and my Windows PC on my LAN.

What I want is to save the pictures either on the spare phone or on the
Windows PC where so far I have been looking at these possible methods.

(1) Remote motion detection on the PC using "iSpy" freeware
https://ispyfiles.azureedge.net/downloads//iSpy64_7_2_6_0.zip
https://www.ispyconnect.com/userguide-ipwebcam-android.aspx

(2) Remote motion detection on the PC using "AgentDVR" freeware
https://ispyfiles.azureedge.net/downloads/Agent_Windows64_5_1_1_0.zip

(3) Remote motion detection on the PC using "Motion Eye" freeware
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jairaj.janglegmail.motioneye
https://techniapps.com/2020/06/28/download-motioneye-pc-windows-os-x/

(4) Local motion detection using "Motion Detector Pro" freeware
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.mvainformatics.android.motiondetectorpro.activity
(Saves the captures on the phone & cloud & send alert emails.)

With these local apps also requiring a PC motion detection tool above.

(5) Local display on the PC monitor using "IP Webcam" freeware
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pas.webcam
(Puts the phone output onto a PC browser but needs motion detection.)

(6) Local display on the PC monitor using "Open Camera" freeware
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera
(Puts the output onto a PC mirror but needs PC motion detection.)

None are working completely yet so I'm still in the stage of zeroing
in on the most common motion detecting solutions people use most.

Has anyone here ever tried any of those apps and has been successful
at using a spare Android as a motion detector controlled on the PC?

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<_bH5N.1773$xeV4.1118@fx45.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75774&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75774

Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
From: Nic@none.net (Nic)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 05:24:58 -0500
 by: Nic - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 10:24 UTC

On 11/17/23 1:24 AM, Peter wrote:
> "Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote:
>> There are motion activated phone apps, and there is computer software
>> "motion activated".
>>
>> I can not recommend any, just that it does exist.
> I'm currently testing your suggestion on the Android ng of the Android APK
> "Motion Detector Pro" but I'm hoping to also the suggestion of running the
> PC Motion Eye tools, which seem to be how people do PC motion detection.
>
> https://techniapps.com/2020/06/28/download-motioneye-pc-windows-os-x/
>
> I don't have either working yet, so if there are any other PC solutions,
> please let me know because it's useful to repurpose an old phone this way.
Sounds like you are using the camera in the phone like a webcam, so most
webcam software should work.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj8m9o$2vefe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75780&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75780

From: confused@nospam.net (Peter)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 21:34:49 +0000
 by: Peter - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 21:34 UTC

Nic <Nic@none.net> wrote:
>> I don't have either working yet, so if there are any other PC solutions,
>> please let me know because it's useful to repurpose an old phone this way.
>
> Sounds like you are using the camera in the phone like a webcam, so most
> webcam software should work.

Thanks for that suggestion of webcam software which I'm unfamiliar with.

I almost never used a webcam except on a laptop to do zoom conferences.
Do typical webcam applications also do motion detection?

If so, all I'd need is that motion-detection software if it also works with
the Android phone. But isn't that a lot to ask of typical webcam software?

Does anyone here know of webcam software that also does motion detection?
And which works with an Android phone as the camera input over the LAN?

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<0001HW.2B0819FE00F30574309BDA38F@news-us.newsgroup.ninja>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75781&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75781

From: nothing@nowhere.com (Bill W)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware, alt.comp.os.windows-10, rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 16:00:30 -0600
 by: Bill W - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 22:00 UTC

On Nov 17, 2023, Peter wrote
(in article <uj8m9o$2vefe$1@dont-email.me>):

> Nic <Nic@none.net> wrote:
> > > I don't have either working yet, so if there are any other PC solutions,
> > > please let me know because it's useful to repurpose an old phone this way.
> >
> > Sounds like you are using the camera in the phone like a webcam, so most
> > webcam software should work.
>
> Thanks for that suggestion of webcam software which I'm unfamiliar with.
>
> I almost never used a webcam except on a laptop to do zoom conferences.
> Do typical webcam applications also do motion detection?
>
> If so, all I'd need is that motion-detection software if it also works with
> the Android phone. But isn't that a lot to ask of typical webcam software?
>
> Does anyone here know of webcam software that also does motion detection?
> And which works with an Android phone as the camera input over the LAN?

There is something eerily familiar about your posts. If I could just put my
finger on it...

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<uj8vrj$3vrac$1@novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75782&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75782

From: larrywolff@larrywolff.net (Larry Wolff)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 19:17:56 -0500
 by: Larry Wolff - Sat, 18 Nov 2023 00:17 UTC

There are many Android motion detector tools the op might want to try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.awesomeapps.MotionDetectorPlus
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.busywww.cameratrigger
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fastdetector.spycam
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ichano.athome.camera
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivuu
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motioncam
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mtat.motiondetector
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.peoplepowerco.presencepro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remoteguard.phototrap
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wificamera.wirelessapp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.scamera.securitycamera
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.mvainformatics.android.motiondetectorpro.activity
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.dntech.motiondetector
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.motion.detector

If you do it all on the phone, you wouldn't need to involve the PC at all.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<ujc2ij$3md42$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75811&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75811

From: nobody@oscarmayer.com (Oscar Mayer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 23:22:44 -0500
 by: Oscar Mayer - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:22 UTC

Larry Wolff <larrywolff@larrywolff.net> wrote

> If you do it all on the phone, you wouldn't need to involve the PC at all.

Better to do the motion detection on Windows.

An option might be TeboCam open source tools https://teboweb.com/tebocam
https://teboweb.com/Downloads/TeboCam3.zip
"Configure TeboCam to email you when motion is detected, or simply to save
the images to a computer or a folder connected to a site such as Dropbox."

There's also Reincubate Camo Studio but it may be cripple ware lately.
https://reincubate.com/camo/#downloads
https://reincubate.com/res/labs/camo/camo-windows-latest.msi

The FAQ says there's a free version and a pro version though.
https://reincubate.com/support/camo/camo-faq/
https://reincubate.com/support/camo/camo-overview/#free-vs-paid

(Not to be confused with CamMo software for the Windows PC.)
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WebCam/CamMO.shtml
"The application allows you to preview the recording, then start or stop
streaming. CamMo also features motion detection features. Once enabled, you
can be notified on your email if something happens to be detected."

There's also FOSS YetAnotherWebCam for Windows https://www.yawcam.com/
https://www.yawcam.com/
https://www.yawcam.com/download.php
https://github.com/yawcam/yawcam-classic/releases/latest/download/yawcam_install.exe
Yawcam is a webcam software for Windows written in Java. The main ideas for
Yawcam are to keep it simple and easy to use but to include all the usual
features, such as Video streaming, Image snapshots, Built-in webserver,
Motion detection, Ftp-upload, Text and image overlays, Password protection,
Online announcements for communities, Scheduler for online time, Time lapse
movies, Run as a Windows service & Multi languages.

It's harder to find the right site for TinCam motion detector freeware.
http://www.tincam.com
https://archive.org/details/tucows_318400_TinCam
https://ia800201.us.archive.org/33/items/tucows_318400_TinCam/TinCam.exe
https://download.cnet.com/tincam/3000-2348_4-10207365.html
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WebCam/TinCam.shtml

"TinCam provides interval updates, scheduled updates, motion detection
updates, live video streaming, and supports multiple cameras, captions,
overlay images, Web page creator, FTP upload and HTTP image server. You can
have en e-mail sent on motion detection"

Similarly, it's hard to find the main "SGS HomeGuard Free" website.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/WebCam/SGS-HomeGuard-Free.shtml
https://en.freedownloadmanager.org/Windows-PC/SGS-HomeGuard-Free-FREE.html
https://cdn.freedownloadmanager.org/storage/home_guard_free_120.zip
https://softdeluxe.com/SGS-HomeGuard-Free-2092914/

"SGS HomeGuard Free will capture and store snapshots from your personal
webcam to your computer. It detects each motion and captures images at
small intervals, then saves them so you can preview them later."

I'm sure there are others out there since it's easy to do on the PC.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<ujc2q3$29t5l$1@novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75812&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75812

From: patrick@oleary.com (Patrick)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 22:26:44 -0600
 by: Patrick - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 04:26 UTC

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:37:41 +0000, Peter wrote:
> Has anyone here ever tried any of those apps and has been successful
> at using a spare Android as a motion detector controlled on the PC?

Long ago when I was taking care of the grandkids, I installed a
webcam/babycam which allowed me to see the baby on my PC screen.

At that time, almost every app required you to log into an account which
means they're not closed circuit TV (CCTV) but open circuit TV (OCTV).

Nobody wants that (for privacy reasons).

There's an advantage to open circuit TV but there are disadvantages also.
Best would be to find an app that gives you real CCTV or a choice anyway.
Most don't. Which means they're really probably mining your private data.

As I recall, the only apps I found useful as _closed_ circuit TV were the
dual-app setups using the PC as the server with the Android as the camera.

Offhand "Iriun" & "FineCam" come to mind but I don't remember which I used.
Looking them up, they still exist, so I think these are the most recent.

https://iriun.com/
https://1758658189.rsc.cdn77.org/IriunWebcam-2.8.1.exe

https://www.fineshare.com/support/
https://dl.fineshare.com/finecam-setup.exe

When I looked just now for you to obtain those URLs, the latter seemed
fishy (like trialware) with too many "free download" hints, so I'd spend my
energy testing out Irium first before touching the finecam/fineshare app.

You'd still have to run the motion detection software on the PC.

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<ujcb8t$2qiv0$1@news.samoylyk.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75813&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75813

From: wolf@greenblatt.net (Wolf Greenblatt)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 01:51:10 -0500
logging-data="2968544"; mail-complaints-to="abuse@samoylyk.net"
 by: Wolf Greenblatt - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 06:51 UTC

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:46:54 -0700, Charlie wrote:
> Someone who has used both might be able to help you choose between them.

This article has a few more ideas, some of which were covered already.
https://www.geckoandfly.com/24976/diy-home-surveillance-webcam/

They start with saying open source iSpy is what most people use for motion
detection on Windows & most people use https://zoneminder.com/ on Linux.

As someone else said, they then go into the Java https://www.yawcam.com/
and a previously unsuggested free Windows program called ContaCam
https://www.contaware.com/contacam.html

The ContaCam downloads are here.
https://www.contaware.com/download.html
https://www.contaware.com/downloads/beta/ContaCam-9.9.23beta6-Setup.exe
https://www.contaware.com/downloads/beta/FreeVimager-9.9.23beta6-Setup.exe

The ContaCam source code is here if you want to build it yourself.
https://www.contaware.com/downloads/beta/contacam-freevimager-src-ver9.9.23beta6.7z

Re: Windows motion activated screen recorder freeware?

<ujh2st$19i1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=75832&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#75832

From: andrew@spam.net (Andrew)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:58:53 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:7H5y4UL1qyVhW7SgR5xAoBplm1I= sha256:ZhlwbAv0s70BvC7UH1ZdpaH3CGR7h91dp+N8H4jB3oQ=
 by: Andrew - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:58 UTC

Wolf Greenblatt wrote on Sun, 19 Nov 2023 01:51:10 -0500 :

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 23:46:54 -0700, Charlie wrote:
>> Someone who has used both might be able to help you choose between them.
>
> This article has a few more ideas, some of which were covered already.

There is something new in Android 14 that I saw about enabling the phone to
act as a USB webcam for Windows desktops.
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-14-will-turn-phone-into-webcam-for-pc/

The standout feature in this update is the ability to use a phone as a USB
webcam based on the USB Video Class (or UVC) standard, which allows for no
platform restrictions, meaning you can plug your Android phone into a PC, a
Chromebook, a Mac, or even a Linux PC to attend a video call.

As for how Android 14's webcam capability works, you'll need to plug your
phone into a computer and tap Charging this device via USB in the
notification drawer. Now, in the Use USB for section, there is a new Webcam
option to select. Your phone will now display a notification telling you to
configure the webcam, and tapping on it will open an app on your phone to
show the preview and tweak the video feed. You'll be able to choose
different zoom options and switch between front and rear-facing cameras.

This feature is similar to the Continuity Camera feature that Apple
introduced for iOS and macOS devices. However, the Android version is more
flexible, as it works with any PC operating system, including Windows, Mac,
Chrome OS, and Linux. You can even use an Android phone as a webcam for
another Android device, if you want.
https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/android-14-beta-now-lets-you-use-your-phone-as-a-pc-webcam