"It's not just a computer -- it's your ass." -- Cal Keegan

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

SubjectAuthor
* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Anton Shepelev
+* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Mark Lloyd
|`- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
`- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey

1
Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<20230314174720.e325f21a7bbfa3caed1d523c@g{oogle}mail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76048&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76048

From: anton.txt@g{oogle}mail.com (Anton Shepelev)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 17:47:20 +0300
 by: Anton Shepelev - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:47 UTC

Commander Kinsey:

> Most people have a dominant hand. Mine is the right. So
> if I type "from", I get "form" because the O comes form my
> faster right hand. Although the signal from my brain
> comes at the same time, that side reacts faster.

The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
(LR).

/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<0P9QL.1548895$iU59.864209@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76049&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76049

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: not.email@all.invalid (Mark Lloyd)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 21:11:08 -0500
 by: Mark Lloyd - Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:11 UTC

On 3/14/23 09:47, Anton Shepelev wrote:

[snip]

> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
> (LR).

The typo I used to make frequently was typing list as lust.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Illegal Error. You are not allowed to get this error, next time you
will be punished."

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.114e8wgbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76064&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76064

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:01:34 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:01 UTC

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 14:47:20 -0000, wrote:

> Commander Kinsey:
>
>> Most people have a dominant hand. Mine is the right. So
>> if I type "from", I get "form" because the O comes form my
>> faster right hand. Although the signal from my brain
>> comes at the same time, that side reacts faster.
>
> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
> (LR).

Yes I've recently noticed some typos are the other way round. I don't understand that. Surely the part of your brain which understand spelling is handing out the letters in order, F R O M. So the left hand should receive the R before the right hand receives O.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.114e9slzmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76065&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76065

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:02:06 -0000
 by: Commander Kinsey - Mon, 20 Mar 2023 20:02 UTC

On Wed, 15 Mar 2023 02:11:08 -0000, Mark Lloyd <not.email@all.invalid> wrote:

> On 3/14/23 09:47, Anton Shepelev wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> The from/form typo occurs not because of the dominant hand,
>> but because the hands function in parallel, whereas the
>> finger on each hand -- more or less in sequence. I therefor
>> frequently make both typos: from->form (RL), list->lsit
>> (LR).
>
> The typo I used to make frequently was typing list as lust.

I type Bedfordshire as Bedfordshite. Works with any council area.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?