We don't know one millionth of one percent about anything.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

SubjectAuthor
* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
+* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|`* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
| `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|  `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|   `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    +* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |`* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    | `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |  `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   +* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |`* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   | `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |  `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |   `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |    `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |     +* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?David Brooks
|    |   |     |`* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |     | `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?David Brooks
|    |   |     |  `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |     |   `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?David Brooks
|    |   |     |    +- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |     |    `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Kelly Phillips
|    |   |     |     `- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |     `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |      `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   |       `* Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    |   |        `- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Snit
|    |   `- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
|    `- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey
`- Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?Commander Kinsey

Pages:12
Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<K1LRL.1603477$iU59.1143065@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76058&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76058

From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21 UTC

On Mar 19, 2023 at 2:17:26 PM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.112n3ce8mvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> Sounds like one of those weird accessibility thins. I doubt it would delay
>>> some keys more than others.
>>
>> Right on both accounts.
>
> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.

Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing. Or what you are
doing with your hands.

>>> Globally? Spellchecks in Windows are per app.
>>
>> There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.
>
> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.

I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.

>>> Ah yes, MacOS is communist, I forgot.
>>
>> The word you are looking for: consistent.
>
> Same thing.

You always say that.

Hmmmm...

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76111&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76111

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 11:07:06 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 10:07 UTC

On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Right on both accounts.
>>
>> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
>> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.
>
> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.

So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the sequence OR more common than RO?

> Or what you are doing with your hands.

Typing.

>>> There is a global one for macOS. Some apps ignore it.
>>
>> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.
>
> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.

Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.

>>> The word you are looking for: consistent.
>>
>> Same thing.
>
> You always say that.
>
> Hmmmm...

One of the things with communism, the government controls stuff so there are standards. All tanks have the same size bolts.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<6MgVL.1745100$iS99.847235@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76113&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76113

From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:11:14 GMT
 by: Snit - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:11 UTC

On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I've come to the conclusion sometimes my left hand is faster and sometimes my
>>> right. Not sure why, but it means I can't get software to compensate.
>>
>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>
> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
> sequence OR more common than RO?

Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>
> Typing.

I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
consistent?

>>> Let Russia win, then we could have standards.
>>
>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>
> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.

It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

>>> Same thing.
>>
>> You always say that.
>>
>> Hmmmm...
>
> One of the things with communism, the government controls stuff so there are
> standards. All tanks have the same size bolts.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76118&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76118

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<op.13ujq1mimvhs6z@ryzen.home>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76119&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76119

Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
From: CK1@nospam.com (Commander Kinsey)
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 10:10:03 +0100
 by: Commander Kinsey - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 09:10 UTC

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:
>
>> On Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:21:46 -0000, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Likely tied to muscle memory and what word you are typing.
>>
>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>
> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.

There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

>>> Or what you are doing with your hands.
>>
>> Typing.
>
> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
> consistent?

Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could understand it.

>>> I like more how, say, Photoshop deals with a color picker. It has its own, BUT
>>> you can also use the system one. That gives you the best of both worlds.
>>
>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>
> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.

The layers piss me off.

Re: Keyboard lag software for one side only for better typing?

<zNa1M.461624$Olad.28920@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76120&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76120

From: brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55:43 GMT
 by: Snit - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 13:55 UTC

On Apr 23, 2023 at 2:10:03 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
<op.13ujq1mbmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 15:11:14 +0100, Snit <brock.mcnuggets@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 30, 2023 at 3:07:06 AM MST, ""Commander Kinsey"" wrote
>> <op.12l6d4bgmvhs6z@ryzen.home>:

>>> So my stupid muscles (like the memory is actually in there) remember typing
>>> form and type form instead of from? But I type from much more often. Or is the
>>> sequence OR more common than RO?
>>
>> Really don't know, but I would go with the OR over RO.
>
> There's probably a webpage which can tell us.

Did a brief search and struck out.

>>> Typing.
>>
>> I meant in terms of where they are and where the keyboard is. Maybe not
>> consistent?
>
> Possible. That reminds me of a professor, I was fixing his computer, sat in
> front of it, and asked him to type his password. He said he needed to sit in
> front of the computer. I assumed he didn't want me seeing the password and
> said "I'm looking away". He became quite agitated and insisted he couldn't
> type at all without being in front of the keyboard. If he was blind I could
> understand it.

He relied on muscle memory.

>>> Agreed. Although I'd never use Photoshop, too complicated and slow.
>>
>> It is complex... but it does a LOT. I am out of practice with it, though.
>
> The layers piss me off.

I like them. And layer groups and smart layers and masking layers.