From: invalid@invalid.net (Joe Motley)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox, alt.comp.os.windows-10, alt.comp.os.windows-11, alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Repairing hard wood floor
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 21:00:00 +0000
 by: Joe Motley - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 21:00 UTC

On 02/12/2023 02:14, knuttle wrote:
> We have hardwood floors real not Pergo in our downstairs.
>
> There is an are of about 8 square feet the needs to be refinished in a
> high traffic area.�� The rest of the floor is in good condition.
>
> What would the best way of repairing this bad spot.
>
> Sand down and re-varnish?
I am going to build this PC in the next two weeks or so:

Let me have your comments or criticisms so that it can be improved. The
budget is �800.00 GBP

PC case:
NZXT H5 Flow - CC-H51FW-01 - ATX Mid Tower PC Gaming Case - Front I/O
USB Type-C Port - Quick-Release Tempered Glass Side Panel - White
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/NZXT-H5-Flow-CC-H51FW-01-Quick-Release/dp/B0B7VMKP4Y/>
�59.99

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-core, 12-Thread Processor with Wraith Stealth
Cooler, up to 4.4GHz
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/AMD-Ryzen-5-5600G/dp/B092L9GF5N?th=1>
� 109.99

Motherboard:
ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING, AMD AM4, ATX, 128GB DDR4, 4DIMM, DP, HDMI,
PCIE
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/STRIX-B550-F-GAMING-ASUS-Noise-Cancelling/dp/B089HFR9CX/>
� 136.84

Memory:
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 64GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4-28800) C18 1.35V
Desktop Memory - Black
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CMK16GX4M2B3200C16-Vengeance-Performance-Desktop/dp/B07YV9VYYY/>
� 129.98

PSU:
Corsair RM850e (2023) Fully Modular Low-Noise ATX Power Supply - ATX 3.0
& PCIe 5.0 Compliant - 105�C-Rated Capacitors - 80 PLUS Gold Efficiency
- Modern Standby Support - Black
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-RM850e-Modular-Low-Noise-Supply/dp/B0BYKT9SNJ/>
� 109.73

Hard disk:
Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD (MZ-V8P2T0BW), 2 TB, PCIe 4.0, 7,000 MB/s
Read, 5,000 MB/s Write, Internal Solid State Drive
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MZ-V8P2T0BW-Write-Internal-Solid/dp/B08QJHLC8J/>
� 137.98

Extension Cables:
EZDIY-FAB PSU Extension Cable Sleeved Custom Mod PC Power Supply Cable,
Soft Nylon Braided with Comb Kit 24PIN/8PIN to 6+2Pin/ 8PIN to
4+4PIN-30CM 300MM - All White Edition
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/EZDIY-FAB-Extension-Sleeved-Braided-4PIN-30CM/dp/B0BN6TYBLC/>
� 27.07

Graphics Card:
MSI GeForce GT 730 N730K-2GD3H/LP Graphics Card '2GB DDR3, 902MHz, Low
Consumption, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, HTPC, Silent Passive Fanless Cooling System
<https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-Profile-Passive-Pci-E2-0-Graphics/dp/B0

Re: Repairing hard wood floor

<v3yfcuu1e9s$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76334&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76334

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 16:48:52 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 22:48 UTC

Joe Motley <invalid@invalid.net> wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^
This domain is registered, not yours, and you don't have permission to
use. Instead of the .net TLD (top-level domain), use .invalid (e.g.,
invalid@invalid.invalid). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.invalid.

> I am going to build this PC in the next two weeks or so:
>
> Let me have your comments or criticisms so that it can be improved. The
> budget is £800.00 GBP

<snipped a bunch of PC build specs>

Don't hijack someone else's thread. Start a new thread in a related
newsgroup. Firefox to where you attempted to redirect replies (instead
of to the Windows newsgroups) is not relevant to your inquiry. Start a
new thread (and keep it there!) in a newsgroup for the OS you intend to
use, or in a hardware newsgroup.

Since you specify no criteria on what you will run or how you will use
your new build, no one can tell you if it is a poor, sufficient, or
excessive build. You need to establish your criteria, and then you'll
already have the means to judge if your proposed build is bad, mediocre,
or excellent, and perhaps for how long it will remain so. If you're
just going to use a text editor, your proposed build is extremely
excessive. If you're going to do video editing or generate animated
movies, your build is woefully underpowered.

For example, why are you considering an AMD CPU that is 2 series back in
the Zen series for a new build (i.e., Zen 2 instead of Zen 4)? Are you
designing a build that will be replaced in 3 years, or less, or last for
8 years, or more? If budget is a restraining factor, why not upgrade
your old build instead of spending on a middling new build?

By the way, use of FollowUp-To is rude. I restored the original set of
newsgroups in the Newsgroups header in my reply despite your inquiry is
off-topic to the Firefox newsgroup.

Cross-posting to more than 3 newsgroups is excessive. I keep all
newsgroups for this reply, but will trim if I participate later.

Re: Repairing hard wood floor

<ukiepr$llf9$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76351&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76351

Followup: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
From: invalid@invalid.net (Joe Motley)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox, alt.comp.os.windows-11, alt.comp.os.windows-10, alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 17:37:11 +0000
 by: Joe Motley - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 17:37 UTC

On 02/12/2023 22:48, VanguardLH wrote:
> Joe Motley <invalid@invalid.net> wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>> I am going to build this PC in the next two weeks or so:
>>
>> Let me have your comments or criticisms so that it can be improved. The
>> budget is �800.00 GBP
>>
> <snipped a bunch of PC build specs>
>
> Don't hijack someone else's thread. Start a new thread in a related
> newsgroup. Firefox to where you attempted to redirect replies (instead
> of to the Windows newsgroups) is not relevant to your inquiry. Start a
> new thread (and keep it there!) in a newsgroup for the OS you intend to
> use, or in a hardware newsgroup.
>
> Since you specify no criteria on what you will run or how you will use
> your new build, no one can tell you if it is a poor, sufficient, or
> excessive build. You need to establish your criteria, and then you'll
> already have the means to judge if your proposed build is bad, mediocre,
> or excellent, and perhaps for how long it will remain so. If you're
> just going to use a text editor, your proposed build is extremely
> excessive. If you're going to do video editing or generate animated
> movies, your build is woefully underpowered.
>
> For example, why are you considering an AMD CPU that is 2 series back in
> the Zen series for a new build (i.e., Zen 2 instead of Zen 4)? Are you
> designing a build that will be replaced in 3 years, or less, or last for
> 8 years, or more? If budget is a restraining factor, why not upgrade
> your old build instead of spending on a middling new build?

The PC shop guy told me that Notepad will run faster on new machine so I
decided to build my own. Also, he told me that Facebook, twitter and
other social sites runs better on new systems. I also like watching porn
videos and so a bigger hard disk is better for storing all those videos.
You can get really hard dick with bigger hard disks.

> By the way, use of FollowUp-To is rude. I restored the original set of
> newsgroups in the Newsgroups header in my reply despite your inquiry is
> off-topic to the Firefox newsgroup.

Without followup-to you can't post to these newsgroups. They are
rejected by the news-server.

> Cross-posting to more than 3 newsgroups is excessive. I keep all
> newsgroups for this reply, but will trim if I participate later.

You are a very kind man and a very helpful one on these newsgroups. Are there
any new porn videos that we should be aware of in these newsgroups? i
know you'll have many sites in your bookmarks. You can share them here.

Re: Repairing hard wood floor

<ukiidv$2vf21$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76354&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76354

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 13:46:22 -0500
 by: Paul - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 18:46 UTC

On 12/3/2023 12:37 PM, Joe Motley wrote:

> Are there any new porn videos that we should be aware of in these newsgroups? i
> know you'll have many sites in your bookmarks. You can share them here.

But that's not going to fix our hardwood floor.

To add more color to your posts, you should add some MIME and HTML,
so your posts could be in brown text on a purple background.

Re: Repairing hard wood floor

<kt47lcFmoufU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=76360&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#76360

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.os.windows-11,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 21:44:28 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Sun, 3 Dec 2023 20:44 UTC

On 2023-12-03 18:37, Joe Motley wrote:
> On 02/12/2023 22:48, VanguardLH wrote:
>> Joe Motley <invalid@invalid.net> wrote:
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^

incorrect domain.

>> By the way, use of FollowUp-To is rude. I restored the original set of
>> newsgroups in the Newsgroups header in my reply despite your inquiry is
>> off-topic to the Firefox newsgroup.
>
> Without followup-to you can't post to these newsgroups. They are
> rejected by the news-server.

Please stop setting the followup-to. It is rude (and what you say is false).

And you are setting it up to a group where your question is offtopic.

>> Cross-posting to more than 3 newsgroups is excessive. I keep all
>> newsgroups for this reply, but will trim if I participate later.
>
> You are a very kind man and a very helpful one on these newsgroups. Are there
> any new porn videos that we should be aware of in these newsgroups? i
> know you'll have many sites in your bookmarks. You can share them here.

WTF?

Plonk.

--
Cheers,