From: nospam@nospam.net (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Blue Mail for the PC and Android
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 06:01:32 +0000
 by: Andy Burnelli - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 06:01 UTC

The Real Bev wrote:

> Is there a reason you need it on your PC? Unless I really want
> something I won't give an app information about anything it doesn't
> actually need to operate.

I suspect most Windows users, even if they're on Android or iOS, use
Thunderbird to get their mail (even if they have a Google Account).
<https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/download/>

As for micky's issue with BlueMail, I don't use it and I won't even test
it, but I suspect there's this darn authorization issue to overcome.

I know Thunderbird overcame it with OAUth methods (which essentially pull
up a web browser, as I recall, to allow you to log in once to Google).

Marcel Bokhorst went crazy (emotionally and programmatically) about a year
ago when Google foisted 2FA/2SV on us without sufficient prior preparation,
and then, rather cleverly so, Google allowed the MUA developers like those
of K9Mail and FairMail to flounder until they found a way to do OAuth.

No matter what motive you apply to it, what happened was people couldn't
wait the months it took the MUA developers (other than Thunderbird) to
catch up, so they implemented the 2FA/2SV like sheep led to slaughter.

Months after Google implemented its Draconian rules, both K-9 Mail and Fair
Mail were able to get past Google's walled garden to use OAUth.

I suspect, but I don't know, that this authorization issue is what's
hanging up micky - but I'll let the others who know more than I do confirm
or deny that suspicion as user error is just as likely as subterfuge.
--
Fixed the alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows.11

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Re: Blue Mail for the PC and Android