From: frankie@nospam.usa (Frankie)
Newsgroups: comp.editors,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Default text editor
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:52:57 -0600
 by: Frankie - Wed, 10 Jan 2024 06:52 UTC

I want to change the default Stunnel editor from Notepad to Vim.

In Windows (Win+I) I have the default text app set to Vim.
That way, doubleclicking on *.conf or *.txt opens up in Vim.

But Stunnel opens up stunnel.conf in Notepad, not Vim.
Stunnel: Configuration --> Edit Configuration
How can I change that?

I googled first, and can't find any Stunnel setting to change the editor.
Is there something inside of Windows which ignores the Win+I setting?

All the Windows Stunnel setup documents just say it uses the default.
https://www.stunnel.org/config_windows.html
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-configure-stunnel-windows
https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/stunnel/
https://jayden-chua.medium.com/windows-10-stunnel-openvpn-cf5c5327c79f

Re: Default text editor

<mlw5zimhzxq2$.10z0izrt3g85d.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=77554&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#77554

From: jj4public@outlook.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: comp.editors,alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware
Subject: Re: Default text editor
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2024 10:52:49 +0700
 by: JJ - Thu, 11 Jan 2024 03:52 UTC

On Wed, 10 Jan 2024 00:52:57 -0600, Frankie wrote:
> I want to change the default Stunnel editor from Notepad to Vim.
>
> In Windows (Win+I) I have the default text app set to Vim.
> That way, doubleclicking on *.conf or *.txt opens up in Vim.
>
> But Stunnel opens up stunnel.conf in Notepad, not Vim.
> Stunnel: Configuration --> Edit Configuration
> How can I change that?
>
> I googled first, and can't find any Stunnel setting to change the editor.
> Is there something inside of Windows which ignores the Win+I setting?
>
> All the Windows Stunnel setup documents just say it uses the default.
> https://www.stunnel.org/config_windows.html
> https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-configure-stunnel-windows
> https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/stunnel/
> https://jayden-chua.medium.com/windows-10-stunnel-openvpn-cf5c5327c79f

In Windows, the "Edit stunnel.conf" is a program shortcut. i.e. an `.lnk`
file.

Just edit the program shortcut to change the text editor program file path
to other than Notepad.

In Start Menu, right-click on the menu item and choose Properties.