From: NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: No sound from laptop!
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 19:48:41 -0500
 by: micky - Tue, 30 Jan 2024 00:48 UTC

No sound from laptop!

Using win10, Firefox. I've checked the mute area at the top of a FF
tab, the volume setting within the video in that tab (two different
videos so far). the volume on the Volume Mixer. I've looked in DEvice
Manager and nothing is yellow.

I'm worried because the laptop was in the trunk of my rental car and
the speed bumps in Guatemala are frequent and most are really bumpy.
Most drivers slow down a lot for them, and I did too but some I didn't
see. The rest of the laptop seems to work fine.

I first used it just with the built-in speakers, which worked I think it
was yesterday. but maybe not, (but if it did work yesterday, the laptop
stayed in the hotel room today, didn't go over any bumps.)

When that didn't work I plugged in some USB speakers which I've had for
years and work very well.

When that didnt' work, I checked Bluetooth and it's already connected to
my bluetooth earbuds. The laptop even "knows" that the battery in the
earbuds is 70% charged. But the smart phone is playing through them. I
know bluetooth can be connected to two things at once, but if both are
producing sounds, would I hear both at the same time?