All great discoveries are made by mistake. -- Young

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

SubjectAuthor
* Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
+- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
+* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
|`* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
| `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
|  `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
|   `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
|    `- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJolly Roger
`* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan Browne
 `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  +* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJolly Roger
  |+* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  ||`- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJolly Roger
  |+* Re: Any way to make a PDF of ...Ant
  ||`- Re: Any way to make a PDF of ...Jolly Roger
  |`* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  | +* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  | |+* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
  | ||`* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  | || `- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Ant
  | |`- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJolly Roger
  | +- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJolly Roger
  | `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Ant
  |  `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  |   `- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
  +* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  |`* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  | `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  |  `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  |   +- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan
  |   `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  |    `* Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?Connor Shannon
  |     +- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it fromChris
  |     `- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingJörg Lorenz
  `- Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from beingAlan Browne

Pages:12
Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<9bec4a53-47bf-4892-bd35-45f0b411b54cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7798&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7798

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:25:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:25 UTC

A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the machines at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works great when I go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone beetween machines or putting it in the little cup holder at the machine sometimes I accidentally touch the screen and change the table. Like accidentally changing or deleting info or somehow even last week I even changed the order of two rows in the table! I quickly turned off the wifi and cell connection so the table would still be okay in iCloud then when I got home I fixed it on my Mac and reconnected the iPhone.

Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature only means you need a password to open the note but then once its open you can still change it even acccidentally.

So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the gym I could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing from my iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac it wants to print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing! :(

I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could maybe see the whole width at once.

I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of the table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can just do a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it into a PDF but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from being changed or turning it into a PDF.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<uf9qc1$12m7o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7802&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7802

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being
changed?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:45:20 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:45 UTC

On 2023-09-30 11:25, Connor Shannon wrote:
> A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the
> machines at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works
> great when I go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone
> beetween machines or putting it in the little cup holder at the
> machine sometimes I accidentally touch the screen and change the
> table. Like accidentally changing or deleting info or somehow even
> last week I even changed the order of two rows in the table! I
> quickly turned off the wifi and cell connection so the table would
> still be okay in iCloud then when I got home I fixed it on my Mac and
> reconnected the iPhone.
>
> Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature
> only means you need a password to open the note but then once its
> open you can still change it even acccidentally.
>
> So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the
> gym I could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing
> from my iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac
> it wants to print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing!
> :(
>
> I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one
> screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in
> Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could
> maybe see the whole width at once.
>
> I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of
> the table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can
> just do a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it
> into a PDF but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from
> being changed or turning it into a PDF.

It's two steps, but it seems to work:

Share menu: "Open in Pages"

In Pages Share menu: "Export and Send" choose PDF.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufa4gs$14s94$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7866&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7866

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from
being changed?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:38:36 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Ajt/IRHT9hGqIgu9Nhk6FDwJJTw=
 by: Chris - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:38 UTC

Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
> A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the machines
> at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works great when I
> go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone beetween machines
> or putting it in the little cup holder at the machine sometimes I
> accidentally touch the screen and change the table. Like accidentally
> changing or deleting info or somehow even last week I even changed the
> order of two rows in the table! I quickly turned off the wifi and cell
> connection so the table would still be okay in iCloud then when I got
> home I fixed it on my Mac and reconnected the iPhone.
>
> Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature only
> means you need a password to open the note but then once its open you can
> still change it even acccidentally.
>
> So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the gym I
> could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing from my
> iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac it wants to
> print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing! :(
>
> I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one
> screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in
> Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could maybe
> see the whole width at once.
>
> I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of the
> table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can just do
> a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it into a PDF
> but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from being changed
> or turning it into a PDF.

It's actually more straight forward than you think. Go to print the note in
iOS, but instead of printing, in the print dialogue hit the share icon
which then gives you the option to save as a file. Choose a location and
it'll be saved as a pdf.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<yQ0SM.33441$hC28.9162@fx01.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7870&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7870

changed?
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 17:56:46 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:56 UTC

On 2023-09-30 14:25, Connor Shannon wrote:
> A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the machines at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works great when I go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone beetween machines or putting it in the little cup holder at the machine sometimes I accidentally touch the screen and change the table. Like accidentally changing or deleting info or somehow even last week I even changed the order of two rows in the table! I quickly turned off the wifi and cell connection so the table would still be okay in iCloud then when I got home I fixed it on my Mac and reconnected the iPhone.
>
> Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature only means you need a password to open the note but then once its open you can still change it even acccidentally.
>
> So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the gym I could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing from my iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac it wants to print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing! :(
>
> I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could maybe see the whole width at once.
>
> I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of the table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can just do a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it into a PDF but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from being changed or turning it into a PDF.

On your Mac:
In Notes with the Note open:

1) From the File menu, export to PDF

or

2) CMD-P (print), then select the print to PDF dropdown and ...etc.

Then save the PDF wherever best for you at the gym, including in ... Notes!

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<251fdf73-3c79-4df4-af2e-8e1cedf68602n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7899&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7899

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 18:25:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 01:25 UTC

Hi every body. Well, I finally got it into PDF!

Alan thank you but I don't think I have Pages on my iPhone so that doesn't show up.

Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share option just which printer and paper size. Share Note Share Options only wanted to let me send it to ppl. Create PDF wanted me to have an Adobe account. Save to Files was going to be a text file. But then I realized under Send a Copy that has the usual Share icon and options I could mail it to myself. So I did that and then I could PDF it from Apple Mail. And then I Airdropped it to my iPhone.

But then other Alan told me the easiest one! At first I couldn't find Export to PDF in the File menu then I realized you meant the Notes program not iCloud so I opened that and it worked perfectly! So now if I want to do this again I'll do that!

Thank you every body those were all good ideas!

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<kns1t1Ffhj7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7902&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7902

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: 1 Oct 2023 01:55:45 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 01:55 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
> option just which printer and paper size.

Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.

What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<2284e0b4-e4bf-4ff0-a226-24be2924a49bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7911&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7911

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 19:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 02:36 UTC

On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:55:48 PM UTC-7, Jolly Roger wrote:
> On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
> > option just which printer and paper size.
> Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
> the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
> gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
> preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
> corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.
>
> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
> handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
>
> --
> E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my ravenous SPAM filter.
> I often ignore posts from Google. Use a real news client instead.
>
> JR

Oh thank you I didn't know that pressing on the little thumbnail would make more print options. Yes, that worked too!

Re: Any way to make a PDF of ...

<j5ecndxrYZvoeIX4nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7916&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7916

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Any way to make a PDF of ...
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2023 03:20:21 +0000
 by: Ant - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:20 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
> handy. Give it a shot sometime. ????

Any iOS apps? Wait, how do I print/save Messages' history as a
transcript as a copy from iPhones? I don't see that option. :(

--
"Though you have not seen [the resurrected Lord Jesus], you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." --1 Peter 1:8-9. Last Sept. day b4 Oct. with a cold weekend! Damn mosquitoes (they're winning), illnesses, USA, etc.
| |o o| |

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufaolc$1ck63$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7917&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7917

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:22:19 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:22 UTC

On 2023-09-30 14:38, Chris wrote:
> Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the machines
>> at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works great when I
>> go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone beetween machines
>> or putting it in the little cup holder at the machine sometimes I
>> accidentally touch the screen and change the table. Like accidentally
>> changing or deleting info or somehow even last week I even changed the
>> order of two rows in the table! I quickly turned off the wifi and cell
>> connection so the table would still be okay in iCloud then when I got
>> home I fixed it on my Mac and reconnected the iPhone.
>>
>> Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature only
>> means you need a password to open the note but then once its open you can
>> still change it even acccidentally.
>>
>> So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the gym I
>> could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing from my
>> iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac it wants to
>> print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing! :(
>>
>> I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one
>> screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in
>> Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could maybe
>> see the whole width at once.
>>
>> I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of the
>> table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can just do
>> a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it into a PDF
>> but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from being changed
>> or turning it into a PDF.
>
> It's actually more straight forward than you think. Go to print the note in
> iOS, but instead of printing, in the print dialogue hit the share icon
> which then gives you the option to save as a file. Choose a location and
> it'll be saved as a pdf.

Cool!

I don't print from iOS devices often, so I never noticed the share icon
in the print dialog.

:-)

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<830dd66e-1b61-419f-89d0-80a1d56ded05n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7919&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7919

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:40:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 03:40 UTC

On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 8:22:23 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-09-30 14:38, Chris wrote:
> > Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> A while back I made a table in Notes to put my settings for the machines
> >> at the gym. Machine name, seat height, weight, etc. It works great when I
> >> go from machine to except when I'm carrying my iPhone beetween machines
> >> or putting it in the little cup holder at the machine sometimes I
> >> accidentally touch the screen and change the table. Like accidentally
> >> changing or deleting info or somehow even last week I even changed the
> >> order of two rows in the table! I quickly turned off the wifi and cell
> >> connection so the table would still be okay in iCloud then when I got
> >> home I fixed it on my Mac and reconnected the iPhone.
> >>
> >> Anyway...I thought maybe I could lock the note but the lock feature only
> >> means you need a password to open the note but then once its open you can
> >> still change it even acccidentally.
> >>
> >> So then I thought maybe I could make a PDF and then when I'm at the gym I
> >> could look at the PDF instead of Notes but the only printing from my
> >> iPhone is to a real printer and when I try to PDF from my Mac it wants to
> >> print the list of all my notes not the one I'm viewing! :(
> >>
> >> I can't even do a screenshot b'cuz I can't get the whole table in one
> >> screenshot. Partly that's b'cuz you can't change the column widths in
> >> Notes but also if I turn the iPhone Notes doesn't turn or I could maybe
> >> see the whole width at once.
> >>
> >> I'm posting in the iPhone forum but if there's a way to make a PDF of the
> >> table from my Mac in iCloud that would be okay too. I guess I can just do
> >> a screengrab on the Mac where the table is wider and make it into a PDF
> >> but geez it should be easier to protect an Apple Note from being changed
> >> or turning it into a PDF.
> >
> > It's actually more straight forward than you think. Go to print the note in
> > iOS, but instead of printing, in the print dialogue hit the share icon
> > which then gives you the option to save as a file. Choose a location and
> > it'll be saved as a pdf.
> Cool!
>
> I don't print from iOS devices often, so I never noticed the share icon
> in the print dialog.
>
> :-)

Alan the Share icon isn't in Print Options until you make the thumbnail bigger like Jolly Roger said. That's why I didn't see it at first. So we couldn't have noticed it!

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufas2i$1ct0m$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7923&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7923

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 21:20:34 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 04:20 UTC

On 2023-09-30 20:40, Connor Shannon wrote:
> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 8:22:23 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:

>>> It's actually more straight forward than you think. Go to print
>>> the note in iOS, but instead of printing, in the print dialogue
>>> hit the share icon which then gives you the option to save as a
>>> file. Choose a location and it'll be saved as a pdf.
>> Cool!
>>
>> I don't print from iOS devices often, so I never noticed the share
>> icon in the print dialog.
>>
>> :-)
>
> Alan the Share icon isn't in Print Options until you make the
> thumbnail bigger like Jolly Roger said. That's why I didn't see it at
> first. So we couldn't have noticed it!

Weird.

For me it's there from the start.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufbak8$1fgeq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7946&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7946

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
being changed?
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:28:56 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:A1uDYfaMARxRfuyJYSy08Zx3MJ8=
 by: Chris - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:28 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-30 20:40, Connor Shannon wrote:

>>> Cool!
>>>
>>> I don't print from iOS devices often, so I never noticed the share
>>> icon in the print dialog.
>>>
>>> :-)
>>
>> Alan the Share icon isn't in Print Options until you make the
>> thumbnail bigger like Jolly Roger said. That's why I didn't see it at
>> first. So we couldn't have noticed it!
>
> Weird.
>
> For me it's there from the start.

Same here. I'm still in iOS 16.7 BTW.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufbbtl$1fqb8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7947&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7947

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
being changed?
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:51:01 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ZQgOBcQWxXlSCIk1IH53n5tbMe0=
 by: Chris - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:51 UTC

Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every body. Well, I finally got it into PDF!
>
> Alan thank you but I don't think I have Pages on my iPhone so that doesn't show up.
>
> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu

Ah, no. Use the Send to option from the Notes app, select Print and *then*
Send to "Save to Files".

> there is no Share option just which printer and paper size. Share Note
> Share Options only wanted to let me send it to ppl. Create PDF wanted me
> to have an Adobe account. Save to Files was going to be a text file. But
> then I realized under Send a Copy that has the usual Share icon and
> options I could mail it to myself. So I did that and then I could PDF it
> from Apple Mail. And then I Airdropped it to my iPhone.
>
> But then other Alan told me the easiest one! At first I couldn't find
> Export to PDF in the File menu then I realized you meant the Notes
> program not iCloud so I opened that and it worked perfectly! So now if I
> want to do this again I'll do that!
>
> Thank you every body those were all good ideas!

Glad you got it working :)

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufbc5l$1fs5d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7948&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7948

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
being changed?
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:55:17 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:8sHXnNqP508Pi2/wFB16TPwwOhw=
 by: Chris - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:55 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
>> option just which printer and paper size.
>
> Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
> the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
> gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
> preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
> corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.
>
> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
> handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉

That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog before
zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top right.
https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<TFdSM.296463$2ph4.138772@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7949&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7949

changed?
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 08:32:51 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 12:32 UTC

On 2023-09-30 21:25, Connor Shannon wrote:
> Hi every body. Well, I finally got it into PDF!
>
> Alan thank you but I don't think I have Pages on my iPhone so that doesn't show up.
>
> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share option just which printer and paper size. Share Note Share Options only wanted to let me send it to ppl. Create PDF wanted me to have an Adobe account. Save to Files was going to be a text file. But then I realized under Send a Copy that has the usual Share icon and options I could mail it to myself. So I did that and then I could PDF it from Apple Mail. And then I Airdropped it to my iPhone.
>
> But then other Alan told me the easiest one! At first I couldn't find Export to PDF in the File menu then I realized you meant the Notes program not iCloud so I opened that and it worked perfectly! So now if I want to do this again I'll do that!

Glad that works.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<cf578233-d339-4beb-95b7-08a5f4902132n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7968&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7968

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:44:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:44 UTC

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:51:04 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
> Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi every body. Well, I finally got it into PDF!
> >
> > Alan thank you but I don't think I have Pages on my iPhone so that doesn't show up.
> >
> > Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu
> Ah, no. Use the Send to option from the Notes app, select Print and *then*
> Send to "Save to Files".

If I do that (three dots, Send a Copy, Save to Files) it wants to save it as a text file not PDF.

If I choose Create PDF in Acrobat it takes me to Acrobat but doesn't save the file. There's another menu that that says Create PDF but you need to pay for Acrobat to do that.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<67f8d099-93e6-4fc1-94d2-883114698e51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7969&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7969

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:44:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:55:20 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
> > On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
> >> option just which printer and paper size.
> >
> > Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
> > the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
> > gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
> > preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
> > corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.
> >
> > What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
> > anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
> > handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
> That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog before
> zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top right.
> https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q

That picture isn't what I have mine says "Print" in the upper right corner.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufc808$1ko9d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7970&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7970

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 09:50:15 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 16:50 UTC

On 2023-10-01 09:44, Connor Shannon wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:55:20 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
>>> the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
>>> gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
>>> preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
>>> corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.
>>>
>>> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
>>> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
>>> handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
>> That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog before
>> zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top right.
>> https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q
>
> That picture isn't what I have mine says "Print" in the upper right corner.

What version of iOS are you using?

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<kntrrmFod0bU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7974&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7974

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:24:54 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:24 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Alan the Share icon isn't in Print Options until you make the
>>> thumbnail bigger like Jolly Roger said. That's why I didn't see it
>>> at first. So we couldn't have noticed it!
>>
>> Weird.
>>
>> For me it's there from the start.
>
> Same here. I'm still in iOS 16.7 BTW.

Actually, I just noticed it's there without expanding the preview for me
too. I think that's a relatively new addition to iOS though, because it
definitely used to be that you had to expand the preview to get the
share icon in older versions of iOS. I'm in the habit of doing it when I
want to print to PDF and didn't even think to look for it earlier. It's
a welcome addition! 🙂👍🏼

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<kntrv5Fod0bU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7975&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7975

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:26:45 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:26 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
>>> option just which printer and paper size.
>>
>> Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look at
>> the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the pinch-to-zoom
>> gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at a full-page PDF
>> preview of the printout, and there's a share widget at the bottom-left
>> corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to Files.
>>
>> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
>> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
>> handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
>
> That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog before
> zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top right.
> https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q

I think that's a relatively new addition to iOS. In earlier versions you
had to expand the preview first. Thanks for pointing this out! One less
step is good.

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<knts13Fod0bU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7976&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7976

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:27:47 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:27 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:55:20 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
>> Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

>> > Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page,
>> > look at the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the
>> > pinch-to-zoom gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking
>> > at a full-page PDF preview of the printout, and there's a share
>> > widget at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap
>> > Save to Files.
>> >
>> > What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
>> > anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
>> > handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
>>
>> That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog
>> before zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top
>> right. https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q
>
> That picture isn't what I have mine says "Print" in the upper right
> corner.

What version of iOS are you running? In older versions you had to expand
the little preview at the bottom to get the share widget.

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<kntsb6Fod0bU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7978&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7978

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
changed?
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:33:11 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:33 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, September 30, 2023 at 6:55:48 PM UTC-7, Jolly Roger wrote:
>> On 2023-10-01, Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu there is no Share
>> > option just which printer and paper size.
>>
>> Yes there is. You just missed a step. When you get to this page, look
>> at the bottom of the screen for a print preview. Then use the
>> pinch-to-zoom gesture to expand that preview. Now you are looking at
>> a full-page PDF preview of the printout, and there's a share widget
>> at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Tap that, then tap Save to
>> Files.
>>
>> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
>> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
>> handy. Give it a shot sometime. 😉
>
> Oh thank you I didn't know that pressing on the little thumbnail would
> make more print options. Yes, that worked too!

Great. Glad to help.

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of ...

<kntsejFod0bU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=7979&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#7979

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: 1 Oct 2023 18:34:59 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 18:34 UTC

On 2023-10-01, Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> What you probably don't realize is this lets you print just about
>> anything from any app to a PDF right on your iPhone. It's extremely
>> handy. Give it a shot sometime. ????
>
> Any iOS apps?

Any iOS app *that supports printing*, wise ass.

Obviously, if you can't print from the app, you cant use the print
dialog to save to PDF.

Use your brain sometime. 🤣

JR

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<ufd0gv$2ic0o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8042&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8042

From: ithinkiam@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
being changed?
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 23:48:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:XpXNOh3Y+t8FGamuE6K1cAa7ETM=
 by: Chris - Sun, 1 Oct 2023 23:48 UTC

Connor Shannon <cshannon1898@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:51:04 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
>> Connor Shannon <cshann...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi every body. Well, I finally got it into PDF!
>>>
>>> Alan thank you but I don't think I have Pages on my iPhone so that doesn't show up.
>>>
>>> Chris when I choose Print from the three dot menu
>> Ah, no. Use the Send to option from the Notes app, select Print and *then*
>> Send to "Save to Files".
>
> If I do that (three dots, Send a Copy, Save to Files) it wants to save it
> as a text file not PDF.

Don't use the three dots. Go direct to send to/share in the Note and then
scroll to the Print option. In the print dialogue hit send to a *second
time* and *this* time it saves as a pdf.

> If I choose Create PDF in Acrobat it takes me to Acrobat but doesn't save
> the file. There's another menu that that says Create PDF but you need to
> pay for Acrobat to do that.

Acrobat is unnecessary. I don't even have it.

Re: Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?

<68a99e9b-ba9a-40a2-b8c1-b1b068a4e4b0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8048&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8048

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 17:39:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: cshannon1898@gmail.com (Connor Shannon)
 by: Connor Shannon - Mon, 2 Oct 2023 00:39 UTC

On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 9:50:18 AM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
> On 2023-10-01 09:44, Connor Shannon wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:55:20 AM UTC-7, Chris wrote:

> >> That's an extra step compared to my method. In the print dialog before
> >> zooming the preview use the share/send to icon on the top right.
> >> https://ibb.co/k9DCf4Q
> >
> > That picture isn't what I have mine says "Print" in the upper right corner.
> What version of iOS are you using?

15.7.9. I always update it when Apple tells me to.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / Any way to make a PDF of Apple Notes or keep it from being changed?