From: joelcrump@gmail.com (Joel)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Why one needs a dVD drive in his laptop after all, haha.
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2024 21:17:41 -0500
 by: Joel - Tue, 6 Feb 2024 02:17 UTC

micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:

>People laughed at me when I said I wanted a desktop and a laptop with a
>DVD drive. No one uses those anymore, they taunted me.
>
>Well, I was visiting my brother and sil, and good friends of theirs had
>given them a telescope. They live on the 17th floor of an 18 story
>building, on a corner apt with a balcony.
>
>And they are complicated. Setup especially. And guess what, included in
>the box was a DVD. Their computers would not play it but mine could. So
>there.
>
>It turns out, the telescope is still for sale new, a couple hundred
>dollars iirc, but the file dates on all the DVD files was from 2008.
>
>It included weblinks to the manufacturer, for warranty registration etc.
>and none of the links still worked, It also included the user manual in
>PDF, which is good because one of their new dogs** ate up part of the
>paper manual. I sent the pdf to each of their email accounts, though
>afaict neither reads his or her email. But if they complain later, I'll
>send another copy. LOL
>
>**The dogs are maltepoos. Combination of a poodle with a malted milk.

I had a BD-RE (Blu-ray writer) drive in my old computer, but have no
optical drive in this one. If I had a critical need to use an optical
disk, USB-connecting external optical drives are available. My case's
front side has a stylish design, rather than drive bays.

--
Joel W. Crump

Amendment XIV
Section 1.

[...] No state shall make or enforce any law which shall
abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of
life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;
nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal
protection of the laws.

Dobbs rewrites this, it is invalid precedent. States are
liable for denying needed abortions, e.g. TX.