From: mickeydavis078XX@ptd.net (Mickey D)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.digital.photo
Subject: Is there video stabilizing freeware that is easy to use?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 20:59:24 -0500
sha1:QMJGrzxtvUEUIB1bWcmZ6oyyFYo= sha256:uRHh8toTMSe1rm6FeJbIiyNKOnTpIW9f8/HKesZ9JSI=
 by: Mickey D - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 01:59 UTC

I'm watching Black Sea drone boat footage of the sinking of the Russian
fully loaded project 775 Caesar Kunikov landing landing ship (ironically
named for a Russian Admiral who died on this day 81 years ago).

For reasons of the waves, it's all jumpy like lots of drone footage.
https://youtu.be/vZB7nn6rjEQ

To forestall an epileptic fit from watching such jumpy bouncy footage day
in and day out, is there a simple program that I can paste the video MP4
file into that will pick a point in the image and move the crop around
such that the chosen point stays in one place such that it's watchable?

Re: Is there video stabilizing freeware that is easy to use?

<uqk0np$324ps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78437&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78437

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,rec.digital.photo
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 22:34:14 -0500
 by: Paul - Thu, 15 Feb 2024 03:34 UTC

On 2/14/2024 8:59 PM, Mickey D wrote:
> I'm watching Black Sea drone boat footage of the sinking of the Russian
> fully loaded project 775 Caesar Kunikov landing landing ship (ironically
> named for a Russian Admiral who died on this day 81 years ago).
>
> For reasons of the waves, it's all jumpy like lots of drone footage.
> https://youtu.be/vZB7nn6rjEQ
>
> To forestall an epileptic fit from watching such jumpy bouncy footage day
> in and day out, is there a simple program that I can paste the video MP4
> file into that will pick a point in the image and move the crop around
> such that the chosen point stays in one place such that it's watchable?

Based on a short sampling of the content, and the wide
wide deviation from "norm", the best you can do with
that content is make a slide show of it. Select all the
frames that roughly point in a consistent direction,
do a slide-show fade between frames.

Video stabilization might work best for tiny jiggles,
where the amplitude is a percentage of the width or height
of the picture.

Paul