A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-10 / Microsoft Account Option

SubjectAuthor
* Microsoft Account Optionjaugustine
+- Re: Microsoft Account OptionCharlie
+- Re: Microsoft Account OptionEd Cryer
+* Re: Microsoft Account OptionVanguardLH
|`* Re: Microsoft Account Optionjaugustine
| `- Re: Microsoft Account OptionVanguardLH
`- Re: Microsoft Account OptionFokke Nauta

1
Microsoft Account Option

<eeiptil3cjsototaldv92m7jirlf3liqv7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78700&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78700

From: jaugustine@verizon.net
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Microsoft Account Option
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 12:35:56 -0500
 by: jaugustine@verizon.net - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 17:35 UTC

Hi,

I do NOT have a microsoft account.

My brother (lives far from me) asked me if
there is an option such as "don't keep me logged in".

I told him I would post his question here.

Thanks in advance, John

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<urikip$2vph$1@neodome.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78701&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78701

From: charlie@nospam.com (Charlie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: Microsoft Account Option
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 11:16:58 -0700
 by: Charlie - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:16 UTC

On this Mon, 26 Feb 2024 12:35:56 -0500, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>
> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if
> there is an option such as "don't keep me logged in".
>
> I told him I would post his question here.
>
> Thanks in advance, John

I can't speak for anyone else, but I once had to create a Microsoft Account
before I realized you can switch from Windows S to Windows 10 Home without
it, and then I asked Microsoft to delete the account (which they did).

It takes a month for them to delete it but it's gone now.
Why would anyone _want_ a Microsoft Account?

Anyway, I suspect you can tell your brother to use a Local Account and then
there's no need for that Microsoft Account after that.

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<urilrq$2m95f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78702&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78702

From: ed@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:38:29 +0000
 by: Ed Cryer - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 18:38 UTC

jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>
> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if
> there is an option such as "don't keep me logged in".
>
> I told him I would post his question here.
>
> Thanks in advance, John

Ask him why he logs in. We can only guess.

Ed

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<yu8ye4l6epb8$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78703&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78703

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:13:03 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:13 UTC

<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote:

> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>
> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if there is an option such as
> "don't keep me logged in".

With the dearth of information from your brother, unsure what he wants.
Is he asking how to logout of his Windows account (which may be tied to
an MS account)? That would be Start menu -> (accountname) -> Sign out.
If he wants to use an offline (local) Windows account that is not tied
to a MS account, where there are lots of online articles your brother
can read on how to create local Windows accounts rather than me reciting
them here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22windows+10%22+create+local+offline+windows+account

He could even create one Windows account tied to his MS account, and
another offline/local Windows account, and toggle between them as
desired either by logging out of one to login the other, or use FUS
(Fast User Switching, but that leaves the accounts logged in instead of
logging out to switch between them).

https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+fast+user+switching

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<un2sti55clalf1igsd43faeu6pm32elg0e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78711&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78711

From: jaugustine@verizon.net
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 11:28:49 -0500
 by: jaugustine@verizon.net - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 16:28 UTC

On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 13:13:03 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

><jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>>
>> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if there is an option such as
>> "don't keep me logged in".
>
>With the dearth of information from your brother, unsure what he wants.
>Is he asking how to logout of his Windows account (which may be tied to
>an MS account)? That would be Start menu -> (accountname) -> Sign out.
>If he wants to use an offline (local) Windows account that is not tied
>to a MS account, where there are lots of online articles your brother
>can read on how to create local Windows accounts rather than me reciting
>them here.
>
>https://www.google.com/search?q=%22windows+10%22+create+local+offline+windows+account
>
>He could even create one Windows account tied to his MS account, and
>another offline/local Windows account, and toggle between them as
>desired either by logging out of one to login the other, or use FUS
>(Fast User Switching, but that leaves the accounts logged in instead of
>logging out to switch between them).
>
>https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+fast+user+switching

Hi Vanguard,

I believe it has to do with using OneDrive with sync..

What you said about using the Start menu..... sounds like a good idea.

Thanks again, John

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<l46n35Fjus1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78712&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78712

From: usenet@solfon.nl (Fokke Nauta)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:13:58 +0100
 by: Fokke Nauta - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:13 UTC

On 26/02/2024 18:35, jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>
> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if
> there is an option such as "don't keep me logged in".
>
> I told him I would post his question here.
>
> Thanks in advance, John

Does he have a Microsoft account?

Fokke

Re: Microsoft Account Option

<1fw076wwikun8.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=78713&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#78713

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:10:35 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 20:10 UTC

<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote:

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>> <jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I do NOT have a microsoft account.
>>>
>>> My brother (lives far from me) asked me if there is an option such
>>> as "don't keep me logged in".
>>
>> With the dearth of information from your brother, unsure what he
>> wants. Is he asking how to logout of his Windows account (which may
>> be tied to an MS account)? That would be Start menu ->
>> (accountname) -> Sign out. If he wants to use an offline (local)
>> Windows account that is not tied to a MS account, where there are
>> lots of online articles your brother can read on how to create local
>> Windows accounts rather than me reciting them here.
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=%22windows+10%22+create+local+offline+windows+account
>>

>> He could even create one Windows account tied to his MS account, and
>> another offline/local Windows account, and toggle between them as
>> desired either by logging out of one to login the other, or use FUS
>> (Fast User Switching, but that leaves the accounts logged in instead
>> of logging out to switch between them).
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+10+fast+user+switching
>
> I believe it has to do with using OneDrive with sync..

In the OneDrive client, you disconnect from an MS account by unlinking
the sync client from the account. Click on the OneDrive systray icon,
click on the gear icon, and click on Pause to temporarily disable
synchronization. Or, with the gear icon, click on Settings, Account,
and Unlike this PC. When you want to sync again, you go to the sync
client to link to your MS account again.