From: nickcine@is.invalid (Nick Cine)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Windows Android ADB AppControl automation freeware
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 02:40:25 -0600
 by: Nick Cine - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:40 UTC

A free windows tool that automates actions is ADB AppControl
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/

Documentation is here
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/docs/

ADB AppControl - the desktop program, that will allow you to easily manage
applications on your android device. You can disable unwanted pre-installed
system apps and bloatware, or install new ones using a modern graphical
interface. The program includes many useful tools and tweaks which allow
you to get the better experience with your device. This is exactly the tool
that you will use for many years - after trying ADB AppControl you will see
that working with applications via adb has never been so easy.

System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
Also .NET Framework 4.6.2 or newer.
Device requirements: Android 6 or newer.*

Remotely control your Android phone from your desktop Windows PC.

Re: Windows Android ADB AppControl automation freeware

<utec3l$1e64t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=79105&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#79105

From: wasbit@nowhere.com (wasbit)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 10:00:22 +0000
 by: wasbit - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 10:00 UTC

On 20/03/2024 08:40, Nick Cine wrote:
> A free windows tool that automates actions is ADB AppControl
> https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
>
> Documentation is here
> https://adbappcontrol.com/en/docs/
>
> ADB AppControl - the desktop program, that will allow you to easily manage
> applications on your android device. You can disable unwanted pre-installed
> system apps and bloatware, or install new ones using a modern graphical
> interface. The program includes many useful tools and tweaks which allow
> you to get the better experience with your device. This is exactly the tool
> that you will use for many years - after trying ADB AppControl you will see
> that working with applications via adb has never been so easy.
>
> System requirements: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, 11
> Also .NET Framework 4.6.2 or newer.
> Device requirements: Android 6 or newer.*
>
> Remotely control your Android phone from your desktop Windows PC.

Thanks. Added it to my freeware list ...

Freeware - Android/Windows

ADB AppControl - https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
Android Injector - http://www.harmonyhollow.net/android_injector.shtml
Android Market - http://www.android.com/market/free.html
Android Sync Manager WiFi -
http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_AM.jsp
AND Utilities (suite) - http://www.pcclean.io/andutilities/
Andy Android Emulator (PC <-> Android) - http://www.andyroid.net/#product
BlueStacks Apps Player (emulator for Windows) -
http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html
DaCalc - http://www.deskangel.com/
DaysandDate - http://www.deskangel.com/
Droid Explorer (Rooted Android PC manager) - http://de.codeplex.com/
Free Stock Photos -
https://www.apkfollow.com/app/free-stock-photos/io.gonative.android.ekjbl/
Glasswire (data usage) -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glasswire.android
Live Android (phone OS - burn iso to cd) -
http://code.google.com/p/live-android/
Memu (emulator) - http://www.xyaz.cn/en/
Moborobo (PC manager) - http://www.moborobo.com/index.html
Nox App Player - http://en.bignox.com/
Open Camera - http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/
SnapPea (PC manager) - http://www.snappea.com/

--
Regards
wasbit

Re: Windows Android ADB AppControl automation freeware

<utf50a$1pnl4$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=79107&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#79107

From: StendeJood@nospam.net (Sten deJoode)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 13:05:14 -0400
 by: Sten deJoode - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 17:05 UTC

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 10:00:22 +0000, wasbit wrote:

> Thanks. Added it to my freeware list ...
> Freeware - Android/Windows

As soon as I saw this, I installed it, and, well, it's fantastic, that's
for sure, and I've been using adb from the command line since forever.

I've only used the ADB AppControl freeware for half an hour (but it doesn't
take more than that to figure out what it does and what it doesn't do).

For free, you can remove bloatware at the click of a button.
And I don't mean you choose what to remove (as it can do that too).
But it already omnipotently "knows" (like a God) what is bloatware.

Since Android is unique among common consumer operating systems in that the
original installer is never deleted after installation (even for
pre-installed system apps), for free, ADB App Control will make a backup of
every single one of the apps on your system, into your Windows folder.

This is amazingly useful. You can save all your app installers at the touch
of a button, which of course you could do with individual adb command line
commands, but every installer is called "base.apk" when adb works with it,
but it gets renamed to human-readable names when ADB App Control does it.
2nd Line (me.number.app.im) [v.2.4.3].apks
ACBridge (com.cybercat.acbridge) [v.1.6.0].apk <<<<<<<< (see below)
Accessibility (com.samsung.accessibility) [v.14.1.00.16].apk
AccuWeather (com.accuweather.android) [v.8.8.1-5-google].apks
ACR Phone (com.nll.cb) [v.0.318-playStore-NoAccessibility-arm8].apk
Activity Launcher (de.szalkowski.activitylauncher) [v.1.14.6].apks
Activity Manager (com.activitymanager) [v.5.4.2].apk
Ad Detector (krow.dev.addetector) [v.1.0].apk
Adapt Sound (com.sec.hearingadjust) [v.13.0.37].apk
Adobe Acrobat (com.adobe.reader) [v.24.2.1.41772].apks
etc.

Not only does ADB App Control freeware back up all your APKs in
a button press to your Windows machine, but if you have multiple
model Android phones, it puts them in a specific directory inside
the ADB App Control "downloads" folder named by that phone model.
(I don't know what happens if you have two phones of the same model).

Do you see that strange new-to-me app above called "ACBRidge"?

That is an app that ADB App Control installed onto Android, and
it was upfront and forthright when it asked for permission to do that.

Another potentially beautiful thing that ADB App Control does,
for free, is it operates all your buttons on your phone, and all your
special buttons (like from Windows it can click the power to turn on the
flashlight, or turn the camera on and take a picture from Wi, or raise and
lower the volume, etc.).

I was hoping beyond hope that ADB App Control freeware would allow me to
take screenshots of protected Android 13 screens (which used to be able to
be screenshotted from Windows up until about Android 11) but that failed.

One odd thing I found it did was it has an option for each app to "clear
app data", which I ran, and it seemed to also clear the cache, but I wasn't
sure, so if the next person who runs this test can run that and let me
know, I'd appreciate if they mean app data & cache, or just app data).

My only warning to others is there are many other fantastic features of ADB
App Control freeware which are behind the paywall so when you read what it
can do, you have to know what it can do, for free, versus overall function.

In addition, it's a teeny bit naggy in trying to make you upgrade, where it
allows you to turn off some nag screens, but not all the little payme nags.

One last thing, since I use screen copy mirroring freeware every single
day, is ADB App Control freeware does integrate into scrcpy by genymotion.

It's nice for those who don't want to learn how to set up scrcpy,
especially as you have to use Herbert Kleebauer's scrcpy script to get rid
of the console when you run Android screen copy mirroring on Windows
manually.

At the click of a button in the freeware, your Android is mirrored on your
PC at the height of your monitor (which could be as large as a few feet
tall) where your Windows mouse, keyboard and clipboard are perfectly shared
with Android.

One thing ADB App Control freeware says it does if you pay for it is you
can install APK files stored on Windows onto the phone, but with scrcpy you
can already do that (you just slide the Windows APK file onto the mirrored
Android image on the Windows monitor and the APK is installed).

You can also "upload multiple files to the Android phone from Windows" with
the payware, but you can already do that by mounting the Android phone as a
drive letter on Windows (Android becomes part of the Windows file system).

The payware says it has "advanced program settings" though, and "Access to
all levels of the Debloat Wizard", which might be a nice thing for people
who are scared to debloat, since adb on the command line will delete
anything without needing to be root... yes Virginia, even pre-installed
system apps like Chrome, YouTube, Google Play Store, GMail, Maps, etc.
(Most people don't know that Android is the same as Windows that way.)

Overall, it's an instant classic.

I'm surprised we didn't know about this prior as I ran a search in for ADB
App Control in the OP's newsgroups and it has never come up before.
<https://www.novabbs.com/computers/thread.php?group=alt.comp.os.windows-10>
<https://www.novabbs.com/computers/search.php?group=alt.comp.freeware>
<https://www.novabbs.com/computers/search.php?group=comp.mobile.android>

Re: Windows Android ADB AppControl automation freeware

<utk7uf$2rgol$1@matrix.hispagatos.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=79138&group=alt.comp.os.windows-10#79138

From: bill@anarchists.org (Bill Powell)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.freeware,comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:26:07 +0100
 by: Bill Powell - Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:26 UTC

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 10:00:22 +0000, wasbit wrote:

> Freeware - Android/Windows
>
> ADB AppControl - https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
> Android Injector - http://www.harmonyhollow.net/android_injector.shtml
> Android Market - http://www.android.com/market/free.html
> Android Sync Manager WiFi -
> http://global.mobileaction.com/product/product_AM.jsp
> AND Utilities (suite) - http://www.pcclean.io/andutilities/
> Andy Android Emulator (PC <-> Android) - http://www.andyroid.net/#product
> BlueStacks Apps Player (emulator for Windows) -
> http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html
> DaCalc - http://www.deskangel.com/
> DaysandDate - http://www.deskangel.com/
> Droid Explorer (Rooted Android PC manager) - http://de.codeplex.com/
> Free Stock Photos -
> https://www.apkfollow.com/app/free-stock-photos/io.gonative.android.ekjbl/
> Glasswire (data usage) -
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glasswire.android
> Live Android (phone OS - burn iso to cd) -
> http://code.google.com/p/live-android/
> Memu (emulator) - http://www.xyaz.cn/en/
> Moborobo (PC manager) - http://www.moborobo.com/index.html
> Nox App Player - http://en.bignox.com/
> Open Camera - http://opencamera.sourceforge.net/
> SnapPea (PC manager) - http://www.snappea.com/

While those are freeware that "runs" on Android or Windows, only ADB
AppControl, seems to be Windows freeware that talks to Android.

The emulators are Windows freeware that mimics Android though.
Such as AndyRoid, BlueStacks, GenyMotion, KO, Memu & Nox free emulators.
https://www.andyroid.net/
https://www.bluestacks.com/
https://www.genymotion.com/product-desktop/download/
https://www.koplayer.com/
https://www.memuplay.com/
https://www.bignox.com/

Some common freeware for Windows to control Android is
adb, APK Editor Studio, APKTool & (maybe) CloneMyApp
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/
https://qwertycube.com/apk-editor-studio/
https://apktool.org/docs/install/
https://clonemy.app/

The two main freeware solutions which mirror Android sound and screen onto
Windows (with clipboard, mouse & keyboard) are Genymotion scrcpy & Vysor.
https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy & https://github.com/rom1v/sndcpy
https://www.vysor.io/download/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.vysor

You might want to add some of those Windows:Android controllers to your
freeware listing where Vysor has payware add ons that either scrcpy/sndcpy
provides for free (such as high resolution), or that scrcpy/sndcpy doesn't
have (such as mirroring over the Internet).

As of scrcpy 2.0 audio casting is natively supported without sndcpy).
https://blog.rom1v.com/2023/03/scrcpy-2-0-with-audio/