My little brother got this fortune: nohup rm -fr /& So he did...

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

SubjectAuthor
* iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returnssms
+* Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhonesms
|+- Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhoneJolly Roger
|`* Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normbadgolferman
| `- Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhonesms
`- Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhoneCapt'n Butler

1
iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<ug4lhb$1dg3m$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8688&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8688

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns
to normal temperature."
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 16:08:27 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 23:08 UTC

iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to
normal temperature."

<https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>

Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on a
wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to Beta 3 and
see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the wireless charger
at all, and it does not feel very hot.

--
“On social media, as in politics, we often see synergies of the vicious
and the clueless. But even those who will take money to do evil things,

Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<ug4ro9$1emtn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8692&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8692

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone
returns to normal temperature."
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 17:54:32 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 00:54 UTC

On 10/10/2023 4:08 PM, sms wrote:
> iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold  Charging will resume when iPhone returns to
> normal temperature."
>
> <https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>
>
> Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on a
> wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to Beta 3 and
> see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the wireless charger
> at all, and it does not feel very hot.

17.1 Beta 3 made no difference. The phone is warm, but not hot, and
charging stopped.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<komcqrF1gapU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8693&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8693

From: jollyroger@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
returns to normal temperature."
Date: 11 Oct 2023 01:41:47 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 01:41 UTC

On 2023-10-11, sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote:
> On 10/10/2023 4:08 PM, sms wrote:
>> iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold  Charging will resume when iPhone returns
>> to normal temperature."
>>
>> <https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>
>>
>> Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on a
>> wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to Beta 3
>> and see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the wireless
>> charger at all, and it does not feel very hot.
>
> 17.1 Beta 3 made no difference. The phone is warm, but not hot, and
> charging stopped.

It's too bad there isn't a way to report bugs like this, huh? Oh, wait.

JR

Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<xn0o7yda886nogy000@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8706&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8706

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 11:54:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 11:54 UTC

sms wrote:

>On 10/10/2023 4:08 PM, sms wrote:
>>iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold  Charging will resume when iPhone
>>returns to normal temperature."
>>
>><https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>
>>
>>Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on
>>a wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to
>>Beta 3 and see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the
>>wireless charger at all, and it does not feel very hot.
>
>17.1 Beta 3 made no difference. The phone is warm, but not hot, and
>charging stopped.

Try using a different charger and cable. Maybe shut it off for an hour
then try again.

Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<ug642q$1qpia$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8711&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8711

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
returns to normal temperature."
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 05:22:50 -0700
 by: sms - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 12:22 UTC

On 10/11/2023 4:54 AM, badgolferman wrote:
> sms wrote:
>
>> On 10/10/2023 4:08 PM, sms wrote:
>>> iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold  Charging will resume when iPhone
>>> returns to normal temperature."
>>>
>>> <https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>
>>>
>>> Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on
>>> a wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to
>>> Beta 3 and see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the
>>> wireless charger at all, and it does not feel very hot.
>>
>> 17.1 Beta 3 made no difference. The phone is warm, but not hot, and
>> charging stopped.
>
> Try using a different charger and cable. Maybe shut it off for an hour
> then try again.

That wireless charger works fine on other phones. But the iPhone 11 is
wireless charging on a different wireless charger. Must be some
incompatibility.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold Charging will resume when iPhone returns to normal temperature."

<ug695o$1rp8q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8718&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8718

From: rhett@tara.net (Capt'n Butler)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
returns to normal temperature."
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 09:49:44 -0400
 by: Capt'n Butler - Wed, 11 Oct 2023 13:49 UTC

On 10/10/23 7:08 PM, sms wrote:
> iPhone 11 "Charging on Hold  Charging will resume when iPhone returns to
> normal temperature."
>
> <https://i.imgur.com/YAgHa1j.jpeg>
>
> Never saw this before. The phone has only Gmail running. It was on a
> wireless charger. I'm running the 17.1 Beta 2. Will update to Beta 3 and
> see if that changes anything. It doesn't charge on the wireless charger
> at all, and it does not feel very hot.

I avoid wireless charging my iPhone 11 in an Incipio dual layer case--
it gets too warm. Only time I do wireless is in the car when battery is
getting close to T.U.

--
I am at the age where not finding good parking at an event is enough to
make me go home