From: bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de (Alexander Ausserstorfer)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.hardware
Subject: Re: A graphic tablet for !Photodesk?
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 17:47:17 +0100 (Custom)
 by: Alexander Ausserstor - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 16:47 UTC

In article <to6gmr$281qb$1@dont-email.me>,
Andy <riscos.andy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 24/12/2022 8:36 am, Alexander Ausserstorfer wrote:
>> It seems that I'm working more and more with !Photodesk because of old
>> family photos (I had no idea about it before I bought it). Never I have
>> seen a programme for RISC OS with such a confusing interface at the
>> first time of looking at it!
>>
>> Is there a graphic tablet I can use with Photodesk? I had already a
>> graphic tablet for RISC OS but it was with a S232 connection, not for
>> USB. I have a Titanium now.

> This might be what you're looking for:
> http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=WAC-GT1

Thanks! I've got it today after traveling to the customers office and
paying 36,59 Euro for clearance and still missing the driver for RISC OS
yet. So it just doesn't work here on my machine. I think the tablet may
be cheaper if you buy it by Amazon. Without the RISC OS driver it makes
no different or sense to me at all.

A.

--
http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/

Re: A graphic tablet for !Photodesk?

<5a667d515cbavariasound@chiemgau-net.de>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/devel/article-flat.php?id=877&group=comp.sys.acorn.hardware#877

From: bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de (Alexander Ausserstorfer)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.hardware
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:10:55 +0100 (Custom)
 by: Alexander Ausserstor - Sat, 14 Jan 2023 06:10 UTC

In article <5a66356902bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de>,
Alexander Ausserstorfer <bavariasound@chiemgau-net.de> wrote:
> In article <to6gmr$281qb$1@dont-email.me>,
> Andy <riscos.andy@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 24/12/2022 8:36 am, Alexander Ausserstorfer wrote:
>>> It seems that I'm working more and more with !Photodesk because of old
>>> family photos (I had no idea about it before I bought it). Never I have
>>> seen a programme for RISC OS with such a confusing interface at the
>>> first time of looking at it!
>>>
>>> Is there a graphic tablet I can use with Photodesk? I had already a
>>> graphic tablet for RISC OS but it was with a S232 connection, not for
>>> USB. I have a Titanium now.

>> This might be what you're looking for:
>> http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/micros/individual/newprodpages/prodinfo.php?prodcode=WAC-GT1

> Thanks! I've got it today after traveling to the customers office and
> paying 36,59 Euro for clearance and still missing the driver for RISC
> OS yet. So it just doesn't work here on my machine. I think the tablet
> may be cheaper if you buy it by Amazon. Without the RISC OS driver it
> makes no different or sense to me at all.

Well, they send me the driver (12 kB) by E-Mail now. This was fast. What
a huge software! It seems to work fine here. Many thanks to all who
helped.

A.

--
http://home.chiemgau-net.de/ausserstorfer/