Thufir's a Harkonnen now.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

SubjectAuthor
* T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Todaysms
+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Todaybadgolferman
|`* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
| `- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
|+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
||+- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
||`- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
|+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
||`- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
|`* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plansbadgolferman
| +- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
| `* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
|  +- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
|  `- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
+- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan Browne
+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
|+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
||`* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
|| +* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginscandycanearter07
|| |+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
|| |`- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan Browne
|| `- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan
|+* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsCarlos E. R.
||+- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
||+- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayWally J
||`- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan Browne
|`- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans BeginsAlan
`* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayKen Blake
 `* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
  +* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayPatrick
  |`* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms
  | `- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayPatrick
  `* Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins TodayKen Blake
   `- Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Beginssms

Pages:12
T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmih6$33mho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8909&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8909

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:07:34 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:07 UTC

<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.

Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
T-Mobile or Metro.

By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
don't want to be.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<xn0o8739m5yri0q008@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8910&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8910

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:34:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: badgolferman - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:34 UTC

sms wrote:

><https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>
>You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
>Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
>provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue
>of domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello
>has a lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international,
>than T-Mobile or Metro.
>
>By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>don't want to be.

I did not receive a message about a forced upgrade. I am on Magenta
Military plan which I switched to several months ago for no change in
price.

--
"The difference between education and experience is really quite
simple. Education is what you get from reading the fine print;

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmkuf$3468g$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8911&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8911

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:48:46 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:48 UTC

On 10/17/23 13:07, sms wrote:
> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>
> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.

How long did the call take?

> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
> don't want to be.

Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<OOAXM.8820$igw9.601@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8912&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8912

Today
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:57:50 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:57 UTC

On 2023-10-17 14:07, sms wrote:
> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>
> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
> Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
> provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
> domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
> lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
> T-Mobile or Metro.
>
> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
> don't want to be.

This is where social media can come in handy.
Spread the word and provide all the info on how to opt-out.
Loudly and CC to local media.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmlmh$34ini$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8913&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8913

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:01:36 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:01 UTC

On 10/17/2023 11:34 AM, badgolferman wrote:

<snip>

> I did not receive a message about a forced upgrade. I am on Magenta
> Military plan which I switched to several months ago for no change in
> price.

That article states "At the time of writing, it’s believed that
customers on variations of these plans will not be affected. For
example, if you have the Magenta Military plan, you likely won’t be
affected by the forced plan migration."

Looks like you are safe for now.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmnm7$34q4n$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8914&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8914

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:35:36 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:35 UTC

On 10/17/2023 11:48 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 10/17/23 13:07, sms wrote:
>> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>>
>> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
> How long did the call take?

I don't know since I don't have T-Mobile service.

The T-Mobile narrative is precious: "We are not raising the price of any
of our plans; we are moving you to a newer plan with more benefits at a
different cost."

>> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>> don't want to be.
>
> Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.

Yeah, I ran into this recently with Xfinity. All of a sudden my monthly
price went up by 25% and I had to call them to get a credit. I finally
figured out what happened. What happened is that they are removing the
autopay discount if you use a credit card but this doesn't take effect
until, and if, you renew your contract. But I suspect that they have
hundreds of thousands of customers, that are under contract, that didn't
notice. I only noticed because they send out an e-mail every month with
the amount I am being charged and I noticed that it had gone up even
though the contract is not up until January 2024.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmoi0$355lp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8915&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8915

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:50:23 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:50 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>
> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
> Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
> provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
> domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
> lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
> T-Mobile or Metro.
>
> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
> don't want to be.

Wow. Good data Steve. Thank you for adding value to this newsgroup!
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>

Thank you Steve for that information since many of us are on T-Mobile.
I dialed 611 "T-Mobile Care" from my cellphone to check the veracity.

You're completely right.
This is terrible for the people who don't know what you know.

Thanks again for informing us about this forced migration.
The short answer for people like badgolferman is to ask for this:
"T-Mobile Plan Migration Optout Feature"

Once they put _that_ on your plan, they will not be migrating you.
Now, for the gory details...

The call started right away with a short pre-recorded message saying that
you should receive a text or email message saying if they're migrating you.
Note I did not receive that message to my knowledge (at least not yet).

I opted for the callback which came back in one minute (why do they even
bother with a callback when it's that short - probably it's procedural).

Grace picked up the call and started telling me the spiel of "They're
moving grandfathered plans to a newer and better plan with more benefits"
when I told her to cut the crap and just explain the plans.

Grace told me I was on the "T-Mobile Simple Choice" autopay with an added
"Simple Global" free international roaming with unlimited data (since I
visit Germany a few times a year) for four lines plus two iPads for ~$100 +
about ~$20 in taxes and fees (the two iPads are 200GB/month free for life).
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhpbcP50/tmopromo04.jpg> (this is an old bill)

Simple Choice was upgraded after the Sprint merger to basically unlimited
everything in the USA but it does not have free Canada or Mexico calls.
Unlimited calls in the USA
Unlimited roaming in the USA (but not Canada or Mexico)
Unlimited texts & MMS in the USA
Essentially unlimited data (50GB/tower can be imposed)
5GB hotspot

The "Simple Global" feature had added
$0.25/minute calls while in Europe (both directions)
Unlimited International Roaming (while in Europe)
Unlimited SMS & MMS (while in Europe)
Essentially unlimited data (while in Europe)
No hotspot (while in Europe) <=== too bad as the iPads could use this

They say I would be migrated, (if I didn't opt out that is), to Magenta.

The "Magenta" autopay costs ~$160 + ~$32 tax (which is criminal, IMHO).
Unlimited calls in the USA
Unlimited roaming in the USA (plus Canada & Mexico Mobile w/o borders).
Unlimited texts & MMS in the USA
Essentially unlimited data (50GB/tower can be imposed)
5GB hotspot
Netflix (for the duration of the plan)
Apple TV+ (for 6 months)
AAA (for 12 months for ONE person) + concurrent travel benefits

*The end result is that the "newer & better plan" is a rip off.*

OLD PLAN:
~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
NEW PLAN:
~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)

It's garbage.
1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
"Plan Migration Optout"

There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.
A few minutes after the call (which took almost an hour to complete)
I received this text message which wasn't all that reassuring, but at least
I think Grace added that feature to my plan (I'll check 611 tomorrow).
FROM: 456
"Thank you for allowing me to assist you today!
Please rest assured that I addressed all the concerns you shared with me.
Thanks for being a part of T-Mobile, America's leader in 5G coverage.
Magraceangelic"
<https://i.postimg.cc/G2wVHjTT/optoutplanmigration.jpg>

Please keep us informed, Steve, of any new information you learn about it.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmoie$355p1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8916&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8916

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 12:50:37 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:50 UTC

On 10/17/2023 11:48 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:

<snip>

> Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.

This "migration" has received extensive bad publicity so hopefully a lot
more people are aware of it than would normally be expected. T-Mobile
initially had a way to opt out by going to your account page and
checking the opt out box but that was removed.

The good news is that you can still get free Crazy Bread at Little
Caesars every Tuesday.

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmop4$3468g$7@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8917&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8917

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:54:12 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:54 UTC

On 10/17/23 14:35, sms wrote:
> The T-Mobile narrative is precious: "We are not raising the price of any
> of our plans; we are moving you to a newer plan with more benefits at a
> different cost."

Well, they did definitely provide it at a different cost.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmor3$3468g$8@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8918&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8918

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:55:15 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:55 UTC

On 10/17/23 14:50, sms wrote:
> This "migration" has received extensive bad publicity so hopefully a lot
> more people are aware of it than would normally be expected. T-Mobile
> initially had a way to opt out by going to your account page and
> checking the opt out box but that was removed.

Hopefully!

> The good news is that you can still get free Crazy Bread at Little
> Caesars every Tuesday.

That is good news :)

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmot8$357ir$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8919&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8919

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 15:56:23 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:56 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

>> I did not receive a message about a forced upgrade. I am on Magenta
>> Military plan which I switched to several months ago for no change in
>> price.
>
> That article states "At the time of writing, it�s believed that
> customers on variations of these plans will not be affected. For
> example, if you have the Magenta Military plan, you likely won�t be
> affected by the forced plan migration."
>
> Looks like you are safe for now.

Maybe badgolferman is _not_ safe... not just yet anyway.

I called T-Mobile the instant I read Steve's rather helpful message.
It took three calls and about an hour to get it straightened out.
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>

a. Like badgolferman, I did NOT receive a text or email from T-Mobile.
b. However... two different agents told me that didn't finish yet.
c. So badgolferman still "might" receive that text or email later.

My suggestion?
I suggest anyone on T-Mobile do what I did, described over here just now.
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/oZIlpNti2rI/m/6PQfngYkCAAJ>
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmp10$3468g$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8920&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8920

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:58:24 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 19:58 UTC

On 10/17/23 14:50, Wally J wrote:
> OLD PLAN:
> ~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
> NEW PLAN:
> ~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)

Bundling is the worst, especially for services I don't use (Netflix/AppleTV)

> It's garbage.
> 1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
> 2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
> "Plan Migration Optout"
>
> There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.

So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
feature"?

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<kp87m8F9i3fU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8921&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8921

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:04:24 +0200
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:04 UTC

On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
related issue?

I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.

Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmpf7$35bd4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8922&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8922

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.freeware
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:05:58 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:05 UTC

sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote

> On 10/17/2023 11:48 AM, candycanearter07 wrote:
>> On 10/17/23 13:07, sms wrote:
>>> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>>>
>>> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>>> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>>
>> How long did the call take?
>
> I don't know since I don't have T-Mobile service.
>
> The T-Mobile narrative is precious: "We are not raising the price of any
> of our plans; we are moving you to a newer plan with more benefits at a
> different cost."
>
>>> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>>> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>>> don't want to be.
>>
>> Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.
>
> Yeah, I ran into this recently with Xfinity. All of a sudden my monthly
> price went up by 25% and I had to call them to get a credit. I finally
> figured out what happened. What happened is that they are removing the
> autopay discount if you use a credit card but this doesn't take effect
> until, and if, you renew your contract. But I suspect that they have
> hundreds of thousands of customers, that are under contract, that didn't
> notice. I only noticed because they send out an e-mail every month with
> the amount I am being charged and I noticed that it had gone up even
> though the contract is not up until January 2024.

My call(s) took about an hour in toto but if you call them up and say only
one thing and one thing only, it should only take a few minutes to finish.
<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

Tell them to add the feature called "Plan Migration Optout."
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>

What takes time is if you try to COMPARE plans (old and new), especially if
you know all the nuances (as I think I do) which you have to know about to
ask for (e.g., they don't mention roaming charges unless you ask, and they
don't say whether it covers Canada or Mexico unless you ask, and they don't
cover the cost per call in Europe unless you ask and they don't tell you
the AAA membership is only for one person and even then only for one year,
and you have to know unlimited data means usually 50 GB of high speed data
per tower per month and then it never stops but can drop to lower speeds,
etc.).

All you need to know is about two years ago after the Sprint merger,
T-Mobile migrated just about everyone in the USA post-paid plans to
unlimited everything at no extra charge.

Which means this "new" plan that they say has "upgraded benefits" isn't
worth it for a price change (for four lines + two iPads) of $120/month
(including taxes) to about $190/month (also including taxes).

The only benefits, to me, would be that Canada & Mexico free roaming is
included in the new plan (but for $15 you can buy a one-time full data plan
when traveling there) and the Netflix is included, plus a year of AAA for
one person, plus six months of AppleTV (none of which do I want or need
and all of which costs more with T-Mobile than if you just bought it).
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmq3j$35div$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8923&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8923

From: scharf.steven@geemail.com (sms)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 13:16:51 -0700
 by: sms - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:16 UTC

On 10/17/2023 1:04 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
> related issue?
>
> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>
> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

It wasn't me, it was our favorite troll that added a group (removed for
this reply).

--
“If you are not an expert on a subject, then your opinions about it
really do matter less than the opinions of experts. It's not
indoctrination nor elitism. It's just that you don't know as much as
they do about the subject.”—Tin Foil Awards

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmqbt$35gs8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8924&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8924

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:21:16 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:21 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> On 10/17/23 14:50, Wally J wrote:
>> OLD PLAN:
>> ~$120 (doesn't include Netflix or AAA or AppleTV or CN/ME calls)
>> NEW PLAN:
>> ~$190 (adds Netflix & CN/ME calls and AAA/AppleTV for short time)
>
> Bundling is the worst, especially for services I don't use (Netflix/AppleTV)

My wife shares Netflix with the kids who pay for it and give her the login
information so we don't need that - plus I always put the women in the
family on AAA (the boys have to learn how to change tires & fix engines!).
<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

As I recall, AAA is ~$50 for one person per year but this plan costs an
extra $70 per month - which negates that possible benefit.

Besides, it's only for one year.
Likewise with the AppleTV (whatever that is) which is only 1/2 year.

If someone calls them up next, let us know if the Netflix is also limited
to one year as I don't remember if I explicitly clarified the time period.
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg> Summary of the plans

On their migrated plan, I would have gone from ~$120/month to ~$190/month.
<https://i.postimg.cc/YC1B906F/tmopromo01.jpg> A32-5G & iPhone 12 contract
<https://i.postimg.cc/Xq5SpS4D/tmopromo02.jpg> $15/mo iPhone,$0/mo Android
<https://i.postimg.cc/nhpbcP50/tmopromo04.jpg> $100 for 6 lines + $16 fees
>> It's garbage.
>> 1. My recommendation is to call them and compare the two plans.
>> 2. If you want to opt out, tell them you want to add the feature called:
>> "Plan Migration Optout"
>>
>> There will be no changes and no price increase if this feature is added.
>
> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
> feature"?

I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
a. If you do NOT receive an email or text, you're safe... but...
b. What if you _missed_ that email or text (or if they don't send it) so...
c. My recommendation is to call them and tell them you want to opt out.

I don't think it matters how you tell them to opt you out.
I just happened to be documented it, and it's call "Plan Migration Optout."

BTW, Grace used the words "on us" for the Netflix and AppleTV and AAA.
But I told her curtly to cut the crap - there was silence for a moment.
If I'm paying for a bill - it's not "on us" but "on me", is it not.
--
The whole point of Usenet is to find people who know more than you do.
And to contribute to the overall tribal knowledge value of the newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmr1h$3iqr0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8925&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8925

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:32:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:32 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
> related issue?
>
> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>
> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

Removed.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmta1$3468f$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8926&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8926

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 16:11:29 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:11 UTC

On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
>> feature"?
>
> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.

I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
the feature "Plan Migration Optout".

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmtln$3667r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8927&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8927

Followup: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:17:43 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:17 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote

> On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
>> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>>> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
>>> feature"?
>>
>> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
>
> I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
> the feature "Plan Migration Optout".

I'm sure TMobile doesn't need the exact keywords for you to opt out.
<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

Here's what I recommend people do immediately, before they're opted in.
a. They call 611 from their phone
b. They ask if they're being migrated
c. If the answer is yes, then they ask to compare the old & new plans
<https://i.postimg.cc/L6dFGXVd/tmopromo03.jpg> $100 6 lines + $25 fees

If they don't like the new plan, then they tell tmo to 'fugetaboutit!
<https://i.postimg.cc/j2WMcwfY/tmobileoptout.jpg>
--
f'up removes the Windows newsgroup.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<f8DXM.60073$0UVe.47809@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8928&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8928

Today
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:37:14 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:37 UTC

On 2023-10-17 16:04, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-10-17 21:50, Wally J wrote:
>> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
> Why are you adding the alt.comp.os.windows-10 to what is solely a phone
> related issue?
>
> I don't see the word "Windows" in your post.
>
> Please do not add unrelated groups to your posts.

+1

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<e9DXM.60074$0UVe.7517@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8929&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8929

Today
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:38:18 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:38 UTC

On 2023-10-17 17:11, candycanearter07 wrote:
> On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
>> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>>> So, do they ignore your request if you don't phrase it as "adding the
>>> feature"?
>>
>> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
>
> I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
> the feature "Plan Migration Optout".

Stop falling into the troll trap : take the windows group out of your
replies.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugmutu$36f30$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8930&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8930

From: REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans
Begins Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:39:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:WT+ILFrvidhcW9y6q7BFrHbrLX0=
 by: badgolferman - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 21:39 UTC

candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote:
> On 10/17/23 13:07, sms wrote:
>> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>>
>> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>
> How long did the call take?
>
>> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>> don't want to be.
>
> Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.

The article said affected people were notified. They’re not taking
advantage of ignorant people.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugn0k7$3j4kr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8931&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8931

From: walterjones@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:08:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:08 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>> Taking advantage of people not realizing, classic.
>
> The article said affected people were notified. They�re not taking
> advantage of ignorant people.

Your plan is unaffected according to the original link, which says
"...if you have the Magenta Military plan, you likely won't be
affected by the forced plan migration. "

This is the transition chart.

Simple Choice or Select Choice => Essentials Select or Magenta
Magenta => Go5G
Magenta 55+ => Go5G 55+
ONE => Go5G
Simple Choice Business => Business Unlimited Advanced

<https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugn43k$36jcl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8932&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8932

From: no@thanks.net (candycanearter07)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 18:07:32 -0500
 by: candycanearter07 - Tue, 17 Oct 2023 23:07 UTC

On 10/17/23 16:17, Wally J wrote:
> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>
>> On 10/17/23 15:21, Wally J wrote:
>>> candycanearter07 <no@thanks.net> wrote
>>>
>>> I don't fully understand your question but I'll answer it this way.
>>
>> I'm saying if you just asked to "not migrate". If you didn't say "add
>> the feature "Plan Migration Optout".
>
> I'm sure TMobile doesn't need the exact keywords for you to opt out.
> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>

I would not put it past them.

Re: T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today

<ugn8mm$38epf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=8934&group=misc.phone.mobile.iphone#8934

From: nuh-uh@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.android,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Today
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 17:25:58 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 18 Oct 2023 00:25 UTC

On 2023-10-17 12:50, Wally J wrote:
> sms <scharf.steven@geemail.com> wrote
>
>> <https://clark.com/cell-phones/t-mobile-forced-plan-migration/>
>>
>> You can opt out by contacting T-Mobile. If you don't opt out then you
>> will be migrated to a higher cost plan if you are on an affected plan.
>>
>> Note that the statement of "...consider a cheaper cell phone service
>> provider that runs on the same network..." leaves out the key issue of
>> domestic (and international) roaming. An MVNO like Mint or Tello has a
>> lot less geographic coverage, both domestic and international, than
>> T-Mobile or Metro.
>>
>> By making the migration "opt-out" instead of "opt-in" millions of
>> customers will be upgraded to more expensive plans even though they
>> don't want to be.
>
> Wow. Good data Steve. Thank you for adding value to this newsgroup!

Dude... ...you are NOT a hall monitor.

computers / misc.phone.mobile.iphone / T-Mobile's "Forced" Migration to More Expensive Plans Begins Today