Rocksolid Light

Welcome to Rocksolid Light

mail  files  register  newsreader  groups  login

Message-ID:  

"Plastic gun. Ingenious. More coffee, please." -- The Phantom comics


computers / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

SubjectAuthor
* [rslight] nocem scenario questionsSugarBug
`* Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questionsRetro Guy
 `* Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questionsRetro Guy
  `* Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questionsSugarBug
   `* Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questionsSugarBug
    `- Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questionsRetro Guy

1
[rslight] nocem scenario questions

<upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=937&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#937

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!tor-network!not-for-mail
From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 05:39:45 -0600
Organization: To protect and to server
Message-ID: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 11:37:01 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: paganini.bofh.team; logging-data="1669109"; posting-host="Rehgndgmosg/2tFznsY8YQ.user.paganini.bofh.team"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@bofh.team"; posting-account="9dIQLXBM7WM9KzA+yjdR4A";
Cancel-Lock: sha256:Ynpp0otcrPHBijFhWWCzBwy2U2oI9wRLN8fxZKvMpA0=
X-TOR-Router: sha256:MTYyLjI0Ny43NC4yMDI= --
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.3
 by: SugarBug - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 11:39 UTC

Will someone walk me through a solution to this problem using nocem?

Consider a hypothetical spam flooder who has spammed 100 different
groups. Thousands of his messages are now on my local rslight server.

The spams have this header: From: Evil Spammer <evil@spam.bot>.

The spams also have this subject: Subject: Free Spam From Dr. Evil.

The spams have the path origin of: Path myserver!otherserver!spam.url.

1. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
from my server containing keyword 'Spammer' in the From: header?

2. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
from my server containing substring 'Free Spam' in the Subject: header?

3. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
from my server containing 'evil@spam.bot' in the From: header?

4. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
from my server containing 'spam.url' as origin in the Path: header?

--
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug>

Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

<007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=938&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#938

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 17:29:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$vRfLi4y/x1YcIuqQKYU76uItHBG.oHZ15.b7U9c2UCkJhXMYJMBl2
X-Rslight-Posting-User: a93aefeeff923def71455caae2dbfb277a59e046
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light
References: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Organization: Rocksolid Light
Message-ID: <007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org>
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 17:29 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> Will someone walk me through a solution to this problem using nocem?

> Consider a hypothetical spam flooder who has spammed 100 different
> groups. Thousands of his messages are now on my local rslight server.

> The spams have this header: From: Evil Spammer <evil@spam.bot>.
> The spams also have this subject: Subject: Free Spam From Dr. Evil.
> The spams have the path origin of: Path myserver!otherserver!spam.url.

> 1. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
> from my server containing keyword 'Spammer' in the From: header?

> 2. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
> from my server containing substring 'Free Spam' in the Subject: header?

> 3. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
> from my server containing 'evil@spam.bot' in the From: header?

> 4. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
> from my server containing 'spam.url' as origin in the Path: header?

The problem is similar to doing the same for an inn server. You need to find the messages you wish to delete.

The way I do it is perform searching in a newsreader (I use Sylpheed). I open a folder window on my screen (I use Krusader, but any should work), then I highlight and drag all the articles I want to list in NoCeM from Sylpheed to the folder (Not all news readers make this easy, but Sylpheed seems to).

Now that I have a folder full of the articles I want to list, I run a custom script to roll through each article and create a NoCeM entry, building the NoCeM message. Then I post it.

That is how the NoCeMs you see in news.lists.filters from i2pn2 are built that contain the From: and Subject: lines, in addition to Message-Id:

The ones with just Message-Id are automated.

I can share the script I use, but I need to clean it up as it is hardcoded with ,my own info atm. It requires php.

--
Retro Guy

Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

<dd78932516d429e0b4e7e81aff3eec32@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=939&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#939

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:30:26 +0000
Subject: Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$0JZt9MxQLENms6BlKbahteThgTrFUinOMK6m32R0juS5IiYOvbAaq
X-Rslight-Posting-User: a93aefeeff923def71455caae2dbfb277a59e046
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light
References: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team> <007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org>
Organization: Rocksolid Light
Message-ID: <dd78932516d429e0b4e7e81aff3eec32@www.novabbs.org>
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:30 UTC

Retro Guy wrote:

> SugarBug wrote:

>> Will someone walk me through a solution to this problem using nocem?

>> Consider a hypothetical spam flooder who has spammed 100 different
>> groups. Thousands of his messages are now on my local rslight server.

>> The spams have this header: From: Evil Spammer <evil@spam.bot>.
>> The spams also have this subject: Subject: Free Spam From Dr. Evil.
>> The spams have the path origin of: Path myserver!otherserver!spam.url.

>> 1. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
>> from my server containing keyword 'Spammer' in the From: header?

>> 2. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
>> from my server containing substring 'Free Spam' in the Subject: header?

>> 3. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
>> from my server containing 'evil@spam.bot' in the From: header?

>> 4. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all messages
>> from my server containing 'spam.url' as origin in the Path: header?

> The problem is similar to doing the same for an inn server. You need to find the messages you wish to delete.

> The way I do it is perform searching in a newsreader (I use Sylpheed). I open a folder window on my screen (I use Krusader, but any should work), then I highlight and drag all the articles I want to list in NoCeM from Sylpheed to the folder (Not all news readers make this easy, but Sylpheed seems to).

> Now that I have a folder full of the articles I want to list, I run a custom script to roll through each article and create a NoCeM entry, building the NoCeM message. Then I post it.

> That is how the NoCeMs you see in news.lists.filters from i2pn2 are built that contain the From: and Subject: lines, in addition to Message-Id:

> The ones with just Message-Id are automated.

> I can share the script I use, but I need to clean it up as it is hardcoded with ,my own info atm. It requires php.

Oh yeah, I already did that (made the script available). It's in 'tools' in rslight git.

--
Retro Guy

Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

<upp6s6$1l05o$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=942&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#942

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!not-for-mail
From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 17:36:11 -0600
Organization: To protect and to server
Message-ID: <upp6s6$1l05o$1@paganini.bofh.team>
References: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org>
<dd78932516d429e0b4e7e81aff3eec32@www.novabbs.org>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:33:27 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: paganini.bofh.team; logging-data="1736888"; posting-host="PucJEPotjJyynPGC85C0DQ.user.paganini.bofh.team"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@bofh.team"; posting-account="9dIQLXBM7WM9KzA+yjdR4A";
Cancel-Lock: sha256:3/wpxv5wLEVOgaVNvOx6adQkOR1DC2/8tIJhsHA7LLc=
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.3
 by: SugarBug - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 23:36 UTC

On Sun, 4 Feb 2024 18:30:26 +0000
retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy) wrote:

> Retro Guy wrote:
>
> > SugarBug wrote:
>
> >> Will someone walk me through a solution to this problem using
> >> nocem?
>
> >> Consider a hypothetical spam flooder who has spammed 100 different
> >> groups. Thousands of his messages are now on my local rslight
> >> server.
>
> >> The spams have this header: From: Evil Spammer <evil@spam.bot>.
> >> The spams also have this subject: Subject: Free Spam From Dr. Evil.
> >> The spams have the path origin of: Path
> >> myserver!otherserver!spam.url.
>
> >> 1. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all
> >> messages from my server containing keyword 'Spammer' in the From:
> >> header?
>
> >> 2. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all
> >> messages from my server containing substring 'Free Spam' in the
> >> Subject: header?
>
> >> 3. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all
> >> messages from my server containing 'evil@spam.bot' in the From:
> >> header?
>
> >> 4. How do I issue a nocem that will delete and sanitize all
> >> messages from my server containing 'spam.url' as origin in the
> >> Path: header?
>
> > The problem is similar to doing the same for an inn server. You
> > need to find the messages you wish to delete.
>
> > The way I do it is perform searching in a newsreader (I use
> > Sylpheed). I open a folder window on my screen (I use Krusader, but
> > any should work), then I highlight and drag all the articles I want
> > to list in NoCeM from Sylpheed to the folder (Not all news readers
> > make this easy, but Sylpheed seems to).
>
> > Now that I have a folder full of the articles I want to list, I run
> > a custom script to roll through each article and create a NoCeM
> > entry, building the NoCeM message. Then I post it.
>
> > That is how the NoCeMs you see in news.lists.filters from i2pn2 are
> > built that contain the From: and Subject: lines, in addition to
> > Message-Id:
>
> > The ones with just Message-Id are automated.
>
> > I can share the script I use, but I need to clean it up as it is
> > hardcoded with ,my own info atm. It requires php.
>
> Oh yeah, I already did that (made the script available). It's in
> 'tools' in rslight git.

Ah, I think I get it now. I should collect the messages containing the
target data then run nocem generation on the collection of messages. The
simple solution evaded me.

Thank you, sir!

--
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> | https://sybershock.com

Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

<uppo8o$1qg9l$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=943&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#943

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!tor-network!not-for-mail
From: 3883@sugar.bug (SugarBug)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Subject: Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 22:33:03 -0600
Organization: To protect and to server
Message-ID: <uppo8o$1qg9l$1@paganini.bofh.team>
References: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org>
<dd78932516d429e0b4e7e81aff3eec32@www.novabbs.org>
<upp6s6$1l05o$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Injection-Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 04:30:17 -0000 (UTC)
Injection-Info: paganini.bofh.team; logging-data="1917237"; posting-host="S7dqlKxF6nebqPouPLRQTw.user.paganini.bofh.team"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@bofh.team"; posting-account="9dIQLXBM7WM9KzA+yjdR4A";
Cancel-Lock: sha256:0S51OuX82QuIY4tCxsQUBVSn50uHrvmOoOIoS3P6jyw=
X-TOR-Router: sha256:MmEwYjpmNGMyOjM6OjY3 --
X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.9.3
 by: SugarBug - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 04:33 UTC

One more question:

If I want to apply the nocems to my server without propagating the nocem
to other servers that accept nocems from mine, what is the simplest way?

--
SugarBug <3883@sugar.bug> | sybershock.com

Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

<f7b79e22c0d0b7d5a90893e5a60be6ff@www.novabbs.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/computers/article-flat.php?id=944&group=rocksolid.nodes.help#944

  copy link   Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 07:00:58 +0000
Subject: Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions
From: retro.guy@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes.help
X-Rslight-Site: $2y$10$CJZsXf8jrFtRp.lncyDIMe6p6W3oe0ObvWRhAA7eCmTyOOKVqL2mO
X-Rslight-Posting-User: a93aefeeff923def71455caae2dbfb277a59e046
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
User-Agent: Rocksolid Light
References: <upnsss$1itvl$1@paganini.bofh.team> <007fc69f86079acc6b91b7adba5bae0b@www.novabbs.org> <dd78932516d429e0b4e7e81aff3eec32@www.novabbs.org> <upp6s6$1l05o$1@paganini.bofh.team> <uppo8o$1qg9l$1@paganini.bofh.team>
Organization: Rocksolid Light
Message-ID: <f7b79e22c0d0b7d5a90893e5a60be6ff@www.novabbs.org>
X-Face: .&YR-G(w(DZ$$,}%k=]*5*!p'=(anr"IT`wZG'2VWdfl\r)l[42u7JH`n(JUQ*e5*A|XCDf
?&\X&uwkl38"CYX3O8m}C8E4p'%N$2#kSTVzx{Ly|DjLT\Vk7NE}NQ(VC$Yq]i:7|z[.9iv^g>*8_B
H0=hZt'[%)4kG|
 by: Retro Guy - Mon, 5 Feb 2024 07:00 UTC

SugarBug wrote:

> One more question:

> If I want to apply the nocems to my server without propagating the nocem
> to other servers that accept nocems from mine, what is the simplest way?

We should probably modify the script to handle that easily.

You should be able to simply add a nocem message to <spooldir>/nocem and wait for cron.php to run.

You can make a nocem message by modifying nocempost.php to NOT post (no rpost), but to cat the files:
header.out
<blank line>
nocem.out.asc

then save it.

--
Retro Guy


computers / Rocksolid Nodes Help / Re: [rslight] nocem scenario questions

1
server_pubkey.txt

rocksolid light 0.9.81
clearnet tor