From: spam@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.msdos.batch,alt.comp.microsoft.windows
Subject: Re: The various kinds of Windows applications... (Was: Is there a way to put a command window in the background like Linux does (so that you can kill it)?)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:14:37 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:14 UTC

Kenny McCormack wrote:

> And note, just for completeness, that a "Pure GUI application" can create a
> console window too. Using AllocConsole().

To the point of hiding the console for the better-written programs, I tested
out the "free" Vysor crippleware which has a huge advantage over scrcpy in
that it can work remotely over the Internet for both Android & iOS on all
the common consumer desktop platforms (namely Windows, Linux & macOS).
<https://www.vysor.io/> "A window to your Phone"
"Vysor puts your iOS or Android on your desktop.

Notice Vysor mirrors Android much like scrcpy did, with an added console:
<https://i.postimg.cc/QNwjsCDM/vysor01.jpg> Vysor Android/iOS PC mirroring

Yet, unlike scrcpy in the native setup, the Vysor console can be killed:
<https://i.postimg.cc/V6TPYG3h/vysor02.jpg> Vysor console closes gracefully
--
Usenet is where kind-hearted well educated people gather to exchange ideas.

devel / alt.msdos.batch / Re: The various kinds of Windows applications... (Was: Is there a way to put a command window in the background like Linux does (so that you can kill it)?)