People who make no mistakes do not usually make anything.

interests / rec.boats / Windows 11

SubjectAuthor
* Windows 11justan
+* Re: Windows 11Pocquito Loco
|`* Re: Windows 11justan
| +* Re: Windows 11Pocquito Loco
| |`- Re: Windows 11justan
| +- Re: Windows 11Pocquito Loco
| `* Re: Windows 11gfretwell
|  `* Re: Windows 11Justan
|   +* Gregjustan
|   |`- Re: GregPocquito Loco
|   `- Re: Windows 11Pocquito Loco
`* Re: Windows 11waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com
 +- Re: Windows 11Alex
 `- Re: Windows 11345...@gmail.com

1
Windows 11

<uo902k$243ie$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10447&group=rec.boats#10447

From: Justan@go.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Windows 11
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:42:57 -0500
 by: justan - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:42 UTC

Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .

Boots quickly.
Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.

A couple of issues that I found:

Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
and re download windows to get windows update working.

Re: Windows 11

<hpogqi9g6nj8421gg2mtjuq0bdag6ic9db@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10450&group=rec.boats#10450

From: jherring@salmonbait.net (Pocquito Loco)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: Windows 11
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 18:31:50 -0500
 by: Pocquito Loco - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 23:31 UTC

On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:42:57 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
>Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
>had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>
>Boots quickly.
>Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>
>A couple of issues that I found:
>
>Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
>Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
>interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
>and re download windows to get windows update working.

I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
went to Chrome. No problems since.

Re: Windows 11

<uofj0h$3hrto$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10455&group=rec.boats#10455

From: Justan@go.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500
 by: justan - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 04:42 UTC

On 1/17/2024 6:31 PM, Pocquito Loco wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:42:57 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:
>
>> Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
>> Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
>> had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>>
>> Boots quickly.
>> Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>>
>> A couple of issues that I found:
>>
>> Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
>> Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
>> interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
>> and re download windows to get windows update working.
>
> I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
> went to Chrome. No problems since.

Good luck with Chrome.

I've done a clean windows 10 install on my laptop. And it still takes
over 2 minutes to boot up. Perhaps because it's a 2017 machine and the
resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
toss the laptop.
The little brick boots fast running Windows 11. I may use Duck Duck Go
as a search engine.

Re: Windows 11

<l6aoqittif2ec90nibkgekmts6sto7v6vk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10456&group=rec.boats#10456

From: jherring@salmonbait.com (Pocquito Loco)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 12:17:24 -0800
 by: Pocquito Loco - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 20:17 UTC

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>On 1/17/2024 6:31 PM, Pocquito Loco wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:42:57 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
>>> Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
>>> had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>>>
>>> Boots quickly.
>>> Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>>>
>>> A couple of issues that I found:
>>>
>>> Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
>>> Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
>>> interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
>>> and re download windows to get windows update working.
>>
>> I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
>> went to Chrome. No problems since.
>
>Good luck with Chrome.
>
>I've done a clean windows 10 install on my laptop. And it still takes
>over 2 minutes to boot up. Perhaps because it's a 2017 machine and the
>resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
>toss the laptop.
>The little brick boots fast running Windows 11. I may use Duck Duck Go
>as a search engine.

Take a basic Windows class. I'm sure you can sit in on one at the
local highschool unless your pedophilia trial ended in conviction?

Re: Windows 11

<39516a99-ad28-49cd-a2e8-7cf7648ed409n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10459&group=rec.boats#10459

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 13:26:40 -0800 (PST)
From: wayne.beardsley@gmail.com (waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com)
 by: waynebatrecdotboats@ - Sat, 20 Jan 2024 21:26 UTC

On Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:43:03 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
> Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
> Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
> had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>
> Boots quickly.
> Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>
> A couple of issues that I found:
>
> Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
> Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
> interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
> and re download windows to get windows update working.

==
I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR

Re: Windows 11

<qgpoqid9114iv9fdchcutc1dq4tf1qo5dr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10460&group=rec.boats#10460

From: jherring@salmonbait.net (Pocquito Loco)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 19:33:37 -0500
 by: Pocquito Loco - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 00:33 UTC

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>On 1/17/2024 6:31 PM, Pocquito Loco wrote:
>> On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 11:42:57 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
>>> Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
>>> had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>>>
>>> Boots quickly.
>>> Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>>>
>>> A couple of issues that I found:
>>>
>>> Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
>>> Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
>>> interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
>>> and re download windows to get windows update working.
>>
>> I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
>> went to Chrome. No problems since.
>
>Good luck with Chrome.
>
>I've done a clean windows 10 install on my laptop. And it still takes
>over 2 minutes to boot up. Perhaps because it's a 2017 machine and the
>resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
>toss the laptop.
>The little brick boots fast running Windows 11. I may use Duck Duck Go
>as a search engine.

I'm very happy with Duck Duck Go, although the title reminds me of
Donny, as does the little duck.

Re: Windows 11

<pYWcnfSRI5cqCzH4nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10462&group=rec.boats#10462

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr3.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.26.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
Newsgroups: rec.boats
From: Xela777@gmail.com (Alex)
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 22:59:51 -0500
 by: Alex - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 03:59 UTC

waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:43:03 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
>> Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
>> Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
>> had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
>>
>> Boots quickly.
>> Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
>>
>> A couple of issues that I found:
>>
>> Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
>> Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
>> interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
>> and re download windows to get windows update working.
> ===
>
> I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR

I bought a Windows 11 laptop for my RV.  We use it about once a month
and it seems like it needs an update every time I turn it on.

Re: Windows 11

<00c0cc20-cd57-41a7-81ec-abbdda4c0852n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10464&group=rec.boats#10464

Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 09:52:03 -0800 (PST)
From: 3452471@gmail.com (345...@gmail.com)
 by: 345...@gmail.com - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 17:52 UTC

On Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 4:26:42 PM UTC-5, wayne.b...@gmail..com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 17, 2024 at 11:43:03 AM UTC-5, justan wrote:
> > Was having problems with older windows laptop running windows 10.
> > Bought a generic bare bones windows brick without keyboard or screen but
> > had all the necessary jacks and mini HDMI cable .
> >
> > Boots quickly.
> > Finds devices and automatically loads drivers.
> >
> > A couple of issues that I found:
> >
> > Firefox wont run properly. Widely reported on intern
> > Windows updates got screwed up. I thought it was caused by anti virus
> > interfering but still not working after removing antivirus. Had to reset
> > and re download windows to get windows update working.
> ===
>
> I bought an inexpensive Windows 11 laptop a while ago. It has a solid state "hard disk" which is blazing fast - boots up in seconds. The new interface takes a little getting used to but everything is working great, including Firefox.
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B6F1NNR

SSD's have really changed the game as far as speed goes... boot time is slashed, as is the loading time for running anything stored on it. I like also having a conventional large hard drive to store data on, like pictures, video, documents. I recently bought and setup a new NAS appliance (network attached storage) and automated the backups to it from both of our PCs. That, along with some cloud storage, should ensure that I won't lose any important data if something croaks. As all of our lives have moved to digital storage of important stuff, it has become imperative to make sure you have backups. If your primary PC suddenly died, how painful would it be to carry on?

In my job we provided mission-critical communications equipment to major corporations and government agencies, and there were two disaster scenarios that you have to plan for. White powder, and smoking black hole. IOW, the facility is contaminated and we have to resume work at another location (but the equipment is still functional), or the facility is now a smoking black hole and we have to resume at a new, replicated facility. The white powder scenario will likely never be a consideration at your home but the black hole, on a smaller scale, is a failed hard drive or PC. Backups are important, and off-site backups are cheap insurance.

Re: Windows 11

<uojsdg$bh9d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10466&group=rec.boats#10466

From: Justan@go.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 14:47:59 -0500
 by: justan - Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:47 UTC

On 1/20/2024 3:17 PM, Pocquito Loco wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>>> I started having problems with Firefox and Windows 10. Finally just
>>> went to Chrome. No problems since.
>>
>> Good luck with Chrome.
>>
>> I've done a clean windows 10 install on my laptop. And it still takes
>> over 2 minutes to boot up. Perhaps because it's a 2017 machine and the
>> resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
>> toss the laptop.
>> The little brick boots fast running Windows 11. I may use Duck Duck Go
>> as a search engine.
>
> Take a basic Windows class. I'm sure you can sit in on one at the
> local highschool unless your pedophilia trial ended in conviction?

Shouldn't you be studying for your IQ test, idiot?

Re: Windows 11

<9serqi1vrl4b1u5qgse986ac05eeeuki3l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10468&group=rec.boats#10468

From: gfretwell@aol.com
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 19:50:38 -0500
 by: gfretwell@aol.com - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 00:50 UTC

On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>resources aren't strong enough to handle windows 10. So I'm going to
>toss the laptop.
Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think it
is worth. I might load W/98 on it.

Re: Windows 11

<uokka4$etod$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10469&group=rec.boats#10469

From: 1@2.com (Justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 21:35:47 -0500 (EST)
 by: Justan - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:35 UTC

gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:>resources aren't strong enoughenougj to handle windows 10. So I'm going to >toss the laptop.Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think itis worth. I might load W/98 on it.

You got it.
Jim2024@duck.com
--
no vota democrata

----Android NewsGroup Reader----

Greg

<uorlre$1tqo9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10484&group=rec.boats#10484

From: Justan@go.com (justan)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Greg
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:44:57 -0500
 by: justan - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 18:44 UTC

On 1/21/2024 9:35 PM, Justan wrote:
> gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:>resources aren't strong enoughenougj to handle windows 10. So I'm going to >toss the laptop.Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think itis worth. I might load W/98 on it.
>
> You got it.
> Jim2024@duck.com

Got your laptop ready. Leave your email or phone # at jim2024@duck.com

Re: Greg

<inv2ril0bft76rjo7aet43rs42vdrs7u1t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10486&group=rec.boats#10486

From: jherring@salmonbait.net (Pocquito Loco)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Subject: Re: Greg
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 16:20:01 -0500
 by: Pocquito Loco - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 21:20 UTC

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 13:44:57 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:

>On 1/21/2024 9:35 PM, Justan wrote:
>> gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>>> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:>resources aren't strong enoughenougj to handle windows 10. So I'm going to >toss the laptop.Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think itis worth. I might load W/98 on it.
>>
>> You got it.
>> Jim2024@duck.com
>
>Got your laptop ready. Leave your email or phone # at jim2024@duck.com

Did you change email?

Re: Windows 11

<79mtridmel76fgf1nh3c90qrvbrcceck5e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=10560&group=rec.boats#10560

From: jherring@salmonbait.com (Pocquito Loco)
Newsgroups: rec.boats
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 16:24:32 -0800
 by: Pocquito Loco - Sun, 4 Feb 2024 00:24 UTC

On Sun, 21 Jan 2024 21:35:47 -0500 (EST), Justan <1@2.com> wrote:

>gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
>> On Fri, 19 Jan 2024 23:42:51 -0500, justan <Justan@go.com> wrote:>resources aren't strong enoughenougj to handle windows 10. So I'm going to >toss the laptop.Toss it this way. I will pay shipping and whatever extra you think itis worth. I might load W/98 on it.
>
>You got it.
>Jim2024@duck.com

Is this your throw-away porn email?