From: ChadLuzer@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: National Chicken Wing Day 2023: Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Hooters, more have deals Saturday
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:11:08 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:11 UTC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/food/2023/07/28/national-chicken-win
g-day-2023-deals/70470287007/

Chicken wings, which at one point in time were an undesirable part of
the bird, have become a prized menu item � and restaurants across the
U.S. will celebrate that on Saturday: National Chicken Wing Day.

I know, we just celebrated National Fried Chicken Day three weeks ago.
But back in 1977, the then-mayor of Buffalo, New York Stan Makowski,
proclaimed July 29 as National Chicken Wing Day, due to the city's claim
as birthplace of the chicken wing dish known as Buffalo wings.
"Thousands of pounds of chicken wings are consumed by Buffalonians in
restaurants and taverns throughout the city each week," he said at the
time.

Buffalo's wing fixation helped spread the dish, but the origin story is
a bit hazy. Since then, we've seen the arrival of countless types of
wings � honey barbecue, teriyaki, garlic, ultra-hot � and, of course,
boneless "wings."

We continue to gorge ourselves on them, too, eating 4.4 billion chicken
wings in the 12 months ending May 2023, from research firm Circana's
National Eating Trends and CREST tracking data.

The National Chicken Council estimates we're eating about 2% more
chicken wings each of the last several years. Consumers began preferring
boneless-skinless chicken breast meat in the '80s � instead of cooking
the entire chicken � wings became an afterthought, said NCC spokesman
Tom Super. Chicken producers began selling them to restaurants and bars,
which could price the dish relatively cheaply and, because wings were
usually salty and spicy, boost beer sales, Super said.

Why do we love chicken wings? "It is the ultimate and tactile finger
food," said Bon Appetit test kitchen director Chris Morocco in a chicken
wing cooking video last year. "The wing is where you get all of the
nuance of texture and fattiness and richness and flavor of an entire
chicken but distilled down to its own microcosmic universe."

Here's some National Chicken Wing Day specials to help you get your
fill.

Hooters will give dine-in customers on Saturday, July 29, 10 free wings
for every 10 purchased, any style (at participating locations). 7-Eleven
has new Korean BBQ boneless wings for $3 The convenience store chain
just added Korean BBQ boneless wings � lightly breaded all-white-meat
chicken coated a sweet soy, garlic and pepper glaze sauce � to its
lineup at 7-Eleven, Speedway and Stripes locations. Members of the
7Rewards and Speedy Rewards loyalty programs can get an 8-piece order
for $3 (offer good until Jan. 9, 2024). Loyalty members can also get
five traditional bone-in wings with Korean BBQ flavor for $5 for a
limited time. And you can add a small Slurpee for $1.

New Korean BBQ boneless wings � lightly breaded all-white-meat chicken
coated a sweet soy, garlic and pepper glaze sauce � have arrived at
7-Eleven, Speedway and Stripes locations. Members of the 7Rewards and
Speedy Rewards loyalty programs can get an 8-piece order for $3.
Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza & Wings' free 5-piece wings order The
Florida-headquartered casual restaurant chain is giving members of its
Coal Fired Rewards loyalty program who order chicken wings through July
30 a free five-piece order of wings. Guests who sign up for Coal Fired
Rewards will also get a free five-piece wing and 12-inch pizza on their
next visit, too. Share your favorite flavor of wings on social media
tagging @anthonyscoalfiredpizza and you might win a $1,000 gift card.

Buffalo wings:The secret contested history of the dish � and the Black
chef who got left out

bb.q Chicken free delivery deal and new Caribbean Spice flavor
To celebrate National Chicken Wing Day, Korean fried chicken franchise
bb.q Chicken, which has 160 locations in the U.S., has free delivery on
DoorDash and UberEats until Aug. 5. Also, on Saturday, the restaurant
begins offering a new flavor for wings and boneless chicken: Caribbean
Spice, inspired by Caribbean jerk sauce. You can also enter to win a
Caribbean cruise trip; go to the bb.q Chicken website to enter between
Saturday and Aug. 31.

Bonchon: A special 15-wing Try Tri deal
Fast-casual Asian fusion chain Bonchon has a limited time Try Tri deal
(through Sunday, July 30), with 15 wings, five each with the
restaurant's signature sauces � Soy Garlic, Spicy, and sweet & savory
Korean BBQ � and fries for $23.99.

Fast-casual Asian fusion chain Bonchon has a limited time Try Tri deal
(through Sunday, July 30), with 15 wings, five each with the
restaurant's signature sauces � Soy Garlic, Spicy, and sweet & savory
Korean BBQ � ad fries for $23.99. Buffalo's Cafe has $1 wings for
National Chicken Wing Day Buffalo�s Cafe has a $1 wing offer for dine-in
customers on Saturday at participating locations; you can choose from
any of the chain�s 13 sauces.

Buffalo Wild Wings' free wings deal for National Chicken Wing Day
When you dine-in at participating Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday, get
six free boneless or traditional wings with any $10 dine-in purchase.
Choose from the chain's 26 sauces, including the limited-edition sauces
General Tso�s and Sweet Chile Lime, or the new Blazin� Knockout sauce,
made with nine of the hottest peppers including Devil�s Breath, Carolina
Reaper, Scorpion, Ghost, Habanero, Red and Green Jalapenos, Chile de
Arbol and Cayenne.

When you dine-in at participating Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday, July
29, get six free boneless or traditional wings with any $10 dine-in
purchase. Among the chain's 26 sauces: the limited-edition sauces
General Tso�s and Sweet Chile Lime, Fatburger: Get 3 free wings with
your order Co-branded Fatburger and Buffalo�s Express will be give you a
free three-piece order of wings with the purchase of any Fatburger Meal
(burger or sandwich meal) when ordering through order.fatburger.com on
July 29 (at participating locations; use the code WINGMAN23). And if you
miss out on Saturday, the deal will be offered every Wednesday in
August.

A beef with 'boneless chicken wings':Nebraska man's 'boneless chicken
wings' rant goes viral. His ideas for a better name include 'wet
tenders' or 'saucy nugs'.

Fazoli's free 5-piece wings deal with any purchase
Quick-service Italian food chain Fazoli�s is giving customers a free
five-piece boneless wing order with any purchase through Sunday at
participating locations. And, since Saturday is also National Lasagna
Day, get $2 off lasagna dishes at participating locations from July 28
to Aug. 3.

Golden Corral: All-you-can-eat wings, fried chicken
The buffet restaurant began offering all-you-can-eat wings and fried
chicken on Thursday � it runs through Sept. 10 � with two new flavors,
Garlic Parmesan and Sweet Bourbon BBQ. You can also order wings to go
and for delivery on GoldenCorral.com.

Hook & Reel has a buy 12, get 6 wings free deal
Cajun-inspired casual dining chain Hook & Reel, with more than 70
locations nationwide, has a buy 12-get 6 wings free deal Saturday
through August 5. There will be additional BOGO Happy Hour deals that
week, too. Customers can call their local store for details.

Hooters' free wings offer on National Chicken Wing Day
Hooters will give dine-in customers on Saturday 10 free wings for every
10 purchased, any style (at participating locations).

Hurricane Grill & Wings all-day wings deal
On Saturday, Hurricane Grill & Wings. which has more than 40 locations
in the U.S., has a special of 10 boneless or bone-in wings with two of
the chain�s award-winning sauces for $12.99 (available in-store and
online at www.HurricaneWings.com at participating locations).

Krispy Krunchy Chicken sampler goes beyond wings
Need more than wings? The Krispy Krunchy Sampler Deal ($5.99) comes with
a piece of dark bone-in fried chicken, a Cajun tender, two pieces of
traditional wings, and a honey biscuit. Offer is good until October 10
at participating Krispy Krunchy Chicken locations while supplies last.

Marco's Pizza has a discount on its new boneless wings
Marco�s Pizza's has a discount on its new boneless wings: $7.99 for a
10-piece order, with a choice of three sauces (Buffalo, Garlic Parmesan
and BBQ), at participating locations.

Marco�s Pizza's has a discount on its new boneless wings: $7.99 for a
10-piece order, with a choice of three sauces (Buffalo, Garlic Parmesan
and BBQ), at participating locations. Native Grill & Wings' 59-cent wing
deal on National Chicken Wing Day Native Grill & Wings, which has more
than 20 restaurants in Arizona, Texas and Illinois, has a 59-cent wing
deal on Saturday for those dining in and ordering online via
www.NativeGrillandWings.com. Dine-in customers on Saturday will also get
a $5 coupon for their next visit (good until Aug. 31).

Native Loyalty app members can also ask about an all-new "Secret Weapon"
medium-heat sauce on Saturday. When you sign up for the loyalty program,
you also get a free 10-pack of traditional wings with any purchase.

Perdue Farms' Wing Bundle for making wings at home
Want to prepare your own wings? You can order Perdue Farms' Wing Day
Bundle through August 1. The bundle includes six pounds of wing
sections, drumettes and mid joints for $34.99 ($49.98 regular price) on
PerdueFarms.com.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: National Chicken Wing Day 2023: Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Hooters, more have deals Saturday

<74j8cihlt54gg8u38hs21tqvsb7iuoe1ml@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=13284&group=alt.food.fast-food#13284

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 16:18:08 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:18 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:11:08 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:

>A beef with 'boneless chicken wings':Nebraska man's 'boneless chicken
>wings' rant goes viral. His ideas for a better name include 'wet
>tenders' or 'saucy nugs'.

Lincoln resident Ander Christensen brought his hot takes to a city
council meeting on Aug. 31, raising his point during the public
comments. Christensen's fervent opposition to boneless wings went
viral after local radio station KRVN shared his story.

He begins with a proposal to council members to make Lincoln a "social
leader" in the country.

“We have been casually ignoring a problem that has gotten so out of
control that our children are casually throwing around names and words
without even understanding their true meaning," he said.

Despite scattered chuckles from the audience, Christensen continues:
"I go into nice family restaurants and I see people throwing this name
around and pretending as though everything is just fine," said
Christensen. "I'm talking about boneless chicken wings."

He goes on to make a proposal: "I propose that we as a city remove the
name boneless wings from our menus and from our hearts," he says.

Can someone please just slap the shit out of this wanker?

Re: National Chicken Wing Day 2023: Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Hooters, more have deals Saturday

<XnsB04FCC28C3A11CowardlyChadRunsAway@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=13285&group=alt.food.fast-food#13285

From: ChadLuzer@zoho.com (Scott Oaf - (I'm really Chudnozzle))
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 00:04:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Scott Oaf - (I' - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 00:04 UTC

KlausSchadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in
ing.dwarf.com:

> On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:11:08 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
> Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:
>
>>A beef with 'boneless chicken wings':Nebraska man's 'boneless chicken
>>wings' rant goes viral. His ideas for a better name include 'wet
>>tenders' or 'saucy nugs'.
>
> Lincoln resident Ander Christensen brought his hot takes to a city
> council meeting on Aug. 31, raising his point during the public
> comments. Christensen's fervent opposition to boneless wings went
> viral after local radio station KRVN shared his story.
>
> He begins with a proposal to council members to make Lincoln a "social
> leader" in the country.
>
> �We have been casually ignoring a problem that has gotten so out of
> control that our children are casually throwing around names and words
> without even understanding their true meaning," he said.
>
> Despite scattered chuckles from the audience, Christensen continues:
> "I go into nice family restaurants and I see people throwing this name
> around and pretending as though everything is just fine," said
> Christensen. "I'm talking about boneless chicken wings."
>
> He goes on to make a proposal: "I propose that we as a city remove the
> name boneless wings from our menus and from our hearts," he says.
>
> Can someone please just slap the shit out of this wanker?

Damned incels.

Re: National Chicken Wing Day 2023: Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Hooters, more have deals Saturday

<ijr9cilv7dii9bkac4sl303od46oqjuvsf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=13288&group=alt.food.fast-food#13288

From: laughing@you.heh (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 03:49:10 -0700
 by: K Wills - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 10:49 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 16:18:08 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 23:11:08 -0000 (UTC), "Scott Oaf - (I'm really
>Chudnozzle)" <ChadLuzer@zoho.com> wrote:
>
>>A beef with 'boneless chicken wings':Nebraska man's 'boneless chicken
>>wings' rant goes viral. His ideas for a better name include 'wet
>>tenders' or 'saucy nugs'.
>
>Lincoln resident Ander Christensen brought his hot takes to a city
>council meeting on Aug. 31, raising his point during the public
>comments. Christensen's fervent opposition to boneless wings went
>viral after local radio station KRVN shared his story.
>
>He begins with a proposal to council members to make Lincoln a "social
>leader" in the country.
>
>“We have been casually ignoring a problem that has gotten so out of
>control that our children are casually throwing around names and words
>without even understanding their true meaning," he said.
>
>Despite scattered chuckles from the audience, Christensen continues:
>"I go into nice family restaurants and I see people throwing this name
>around and pretending as though everything is just fine," said
>Christensen. "I'm talking about boneless chicken wings."
>
>He goes on to make a proposal: "I propose that we as a city remove the
>name boneless wings from our menus and from our hearts," he says.
>
>Can someone please just slap the shit out of this wanker?

What a sad life Ander Christensen must live.
The people of the U.S. appear to have accepted chunks of breast
meat, either breast proper or tenders, as Boneless Chicken Wings when
prepared as regular chicken wings would be. He doesn't have to like
it, but he really should accept it.

--
"Listen guv, I'm a ten-guv-a-day copper! Always have been, always will
be. If you want me to work on this case, I'm going to be calling you

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: National Chicken Wing Day 2023: Buffalo Wild Wings, Popeyes, Hooters, more have deals Saturday