From: no.wimps@dont-email.me (No Weaklings!)
Subject: Re: After 14 student deaths,
North Carolina State confronts a national crisis
Date: Sun, 14 May 2023 01:04:56 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.education, alt.society.liberalism, alt.suicide, sac.politics,
talk.politics.guns
 by: No Weaklings! - Sat, 13 May 2023 23:04 UTC

Iobaties <Ich8@yahoo.com> wrote in news:solq56$le7$12@news.dns-netz.com:

> Vance wrote
>
>> Faggots tend to kill themselves a lot. They know they are mentally
>> ill.

With the end of its spring semester last week, North Carolina State
University concluded a tragic school year that saw the deaths of 14
students.

Seven students died by suicide, two fatally overdosed, four passed away
from natural causes, and one student was killed in a car accident,
according to Mick Kulikowski, NC State's director of strategic
communications and media relations. Over a dozen students and mental
health experts described the loss of life at NC State to ABC News as
staggering and tragic, as well as a concerning example of national trends
in student mental health.

"I really started feeling it once it got to the fourth student death,
because it really started to feel like it was an epidemic on campus at
that point," said Mariana Fabian, a fourth-year student and opinion editor
for NC State's student newspaper, The Technician.

The deaths have cast an outsized shadow on the Raleigh campus, where
classes continued through the year as the number of deaths gradually
increased. NC State convened a task force devoted to mental health in
November, releasing an 89-page report in late February that recommended a
flurry of proposals to improve student life. The report's sobering
conclusion: while NC State is "dedicated" to improving student mental
health, "there is not only room for, but also a need for, additional
efforts."

Apart from occasional wellness days and outreach following student deaths,
the humdrum of college life continued at NC State, leaving little time for
grieving according to some students.

"We're having to say goodbye to the students, but also focus on turning in
an assignment," junior Angelina Cordone told ABC News.

Some communities on campus have faced a larger toll of the tragedies � as
at least seven students, including three who died by suicide, have been
part of NC State's School of Engineering, according to Kulikowski. With
over 36,000 students, NC State has averaged eight student deaths,
including three by suicide, annually since 2018, according to the task
force's report.

"I think a lot of people really want to honor the lives that were lost,
but there was also a big feeling of enough is enough," said Eleanor Lott,
a sophomore and a member of NC State's mental health task force.

In late March, Vice Chancellor and Dean Doneka Scott described the year to
ABC News as a tragic "outlier," pointing to the nationwide challenge of
educating students amid a rise in depression and suicide among young
people.

"Institutions across the country are grappling with this," Scott said.
"This is not an NC State-only issue. It's an issue in higher education
writ large."

The rate of suicide has roughly increased in the United States over the
last two decades. Despite a two-year decline in 2019 and 2020, the rate
rose again in 2021, with one of the most significant year-over-year jumps
for those aged 15-24, according to the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC). For that age group, suicide remains the third-leading
cause of death.

Across 10 student interviews with ABC News, some students at NC State
pointed to the stresses of being a student there � including its demanding
STEM classes � and stress stemming from grades and social pressures in an
isolated campus community following years of coronavirus-related
restrictions. Others described broader concerns about the weight of being
young in a seemingly broken world, including the intensity of politics,
debt, fleeting job opportunities, and the general fear of facing fewer
opportunities and success than prior generations.

"We feel like we have the weight of the world on our shoulders," junior
Ezekiel Snyder said.

They were weak. You do not want weaklings in the gene pool. Let them die
and be done with it.

<https://abcnews.go.com/US/challenging-year-north-carolina-state-
confronts-spate-student/story?id=99008743>

Re: After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis

<87706i5iu1u60dnel1if96d2a5tdca342k@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=1351&group=alt.education#1351

From: klaus.schadenfreude.l?schen.@gmail.com (Klaus Schadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.society.liberalism,alt.suicide,sac.politics,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 16:27:51 -0700
 by: Klaus Schadenfreude - Sat, 13 May 2023 23:27 UTC

On Sun, 14 May 2023 01:04:56 +0200 (CEST), "No Weaklings!"
<no.wimps@dont-email.me> wrote:

>With the end of its spring semester last week, North Carolina State
>University concluded a tragic school year that saw the deaths of 14
>students.
>
>Seven students died by suicide, two fatally overdosed, four passed away
>from natural causes, and one student was killed in a car accident,
>according to Mick Kulikowski, NC State's director of strategic
>communications and media relations.

So what?

Re: After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis

<wSWdnZ3VG6MEsf35nZ2dnZfqn_SdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=1352&group=alt.education#1352

Subject: Re: After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a
national crisis
Newsgroups: alt.education,alt.society.liberalism,alt.suicide,sac.politics,talk.politics.guns
From: pursent100@gmail.com (%)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 17:34:33 -0700
 by: % - Sun, 14 May 2023 00:34 UTC

Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2023 01:04:56 +0200 (CEST), "No Weaklings!"
> <no.wimps@dont-email.me> wrote:
>
>> With the end of its spring semester last week, North Carolina State
>> University concluded a tragic school year that saw the deaths of 14
>> students.
>>
>> Seven students died by suicide, two fatally overdosed, four passed away
>>from natural causes, and one student was killed in a car accident,
>> according to Mick Kulikowski, NC State's director of strategic
>> communications and media relations.
>
> So what?

hi

interests / alt.education / Re: After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis