From: larry.krasner.communist@splcenter.com (Larry Krasner)
Subject: Re: Rush Limbaugh,
Tiger Woods among the most successful college dropouts of our time
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 00:02:10 +0200 (CEST)
Newsgroups: alt.education, alt.politics.democrats, sac.politics,
talk.politics.guns, talk.politics.misc
 by: Larry Krasner - Mon, 22 May 2023 22:02 UTC

hEIL tRUMP <jthomq@gmail.com> wrote in

> Bradley K. Sherman wrote
>

>> | A leader of the Texas Republican Party laughed at Democrats because
>> | they generally fail at everything they do - even crime and election
>> | cheating. Look at the dumb black cunt Kamala Harris. Ha Ha Ha!

As college graduation season approaches this year, here's a smart
reminder: A college degree is not for everyone.

In a culture in which higher education is often promoted as a must-have
for everyone, some very well known and successful individuals (in an array
of fields) decided to ditch the academics in their own lives � and wound
up doing very well thanks to hard work, enormous drive and total passion
for their interests.

These eight prominent Americans left college behind and made it big.

Some of the most famous college dropouts in America include household
names � and some of them may surprise you.

Here's a look at eight prominent Americans who left college behind and
made it big.

Rush Limbaugh
Radio talk show host and media dynamo Rush Limbaugh will always be
remembered for his impressive career in political and cultural commentary
and broadcasting � all achieved without a college degree.

FORMER VP PENCE NARRATES �AGE OF RUSH,� A LOOK AT THE MAN BEHIND THE
GOLDEN MICROPHONE

The native of Cape Girardeau, Mo., was known as shy growing up, but there
was no doubt he had a passion for radio broadcasting.

Rush Limbaugh radio host
Talk show host Rush Limbaugh in the early days of his radio career
preparing for his program at KSEV in Houston, Texas. (�Shepard
Sherbell/Corbis Saba/Corbis via Getty Images)
In the Fox Nation four-part series "Age of Rush," narrated by former Vice
President Mike Pence, excerpts from Limbaugh�s past piece together his
trajectory in radio fame.

"I knew I wanted to do radio when I was 12," he said in a 2012 interview.
"Because I hated school. And getting ready for school every morning, my
mother had the radio on. That guy was having fun � and I was having
drudgery."

COLLEGE DEGREE DOESN'T MEAN MORE MONEY: AMERICA'S CAREER COACH

Limbaugh landed his first radio job as a disc jockey at a local station
before he completed high school. After his graduation in 1969, Limbaugh
attended Southwest Missouri State College � and then dropped out to get
back on the air.

Rush Limbaugh presidential medal of honor
Rush Limbaugh is awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in February
2020 during President Donald Trump's State of the Union address.
(Reuters/Jonathan Ernst)
In 1973, Limbaugh found himself in front of the mic once again under the
alias Jeff Christie.

It would be another decade before Limbaugh launched his career in
political commentary, influenced by former President Ronald Reagan�s
persuasive radio presence. Limbaugh himself then influenced scores of
others in his field throughout his legendary career.

Tiger Woods
Inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame this year, golf icon Tiger Woods
risked his college diploma for a chance to go pro.

Following a childhood in which he developed his love of the links, Woods
attended Stanford University in 1994, where he played NCAA golf and
studied economics.

Tiger Woods golf practice 1991
Tiger Woods practices on Griffith Park golf course as a 16-year old in
1991. (Per-Anders Pettersson/Corbis via Getty Images)
Woods won a record-tying 11 tournaments between his freshman and sophomore
years at Stanford, but that's exactly how long his college experience
would last.

When Woods was offered the opportunity to join the PGA in 1996, he made
the decision to withdraw from the university to pursue his pro career.

TIGER WOODS' 20 MOST INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES AND LIFE LESSONS

Since his professional debut, Woods, 46, has clenched 106 worldwide wins
and 15 majors. The golfer also has 82 PGA Tour wins under his belt � and
is tied with Sam Snead, one of the greatest players of all time, for the
most wins.

Tiger Woods the masters 2022
Tiger Woods looks on during the second round of The Masters at Augusta
National Golf Club on April 8, 2022, in Augusta, Georgia.
Woods, most recently, is the 12th-highest paid professional athlete in the
world, according to Forbes, earning $60 million in 2021 alone.

Bill Gates
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates may very well be considered the pioneer of
the college-dropout-turned-billionaire trend.

Microsoft founder Bill Gates
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates on Sept. 1, 1983. (�Doug Wilson/Corbis via
Getty Images)
Gates ditched his promising education at Harvard University in 1975 after
his first two years as a pre-law student. He had discovered his immense
potential in the tech space.

Today, Microsoft is one of the largest tech companies in the world.

As part of an undergrad combinatorics course, Gates developed an algorithm
to address an unsolved problem � which held the record for speed for 30
years, according to Best Colleges.

The young student decided to take a leave of absence from the university
to found software company Microsoft � today one of the largest tech
companies in the world. As of April 2022, it has a more than $2.1 trillion
market cap.

Bill Gates White House
Bill Gates speaks during the White House's virtual Climate Leaders Summit
on April 23, 2021. (AP)

The multi-billionaire, 66, has since given back big-time through the Bill
& Melinda Gates Foundation, which works with partner organizations around
the world. In 2021, the Gates Foundation doubled the total amount of
donations with $15 billion in allocations, according to The Conversation.

Alicia Keys
Award-winning musician and artist Alicia Keys has brains, beauty and
singing ability � but pursuing academics wasn�t in her make-up.

Alicia Keys in Germany 2001
Alicia Keys on tour in Munich, Germany, on Sept. 7, 2001. (Fryderyk
Gabowicz/picture alliance via Getty Images)
Keys graduated early from New York�s Professional Performing Arts high
school as valedictorian at only 16 years old. The musician went on to
attend Columbia University.

Keys has won 15 Grammy Awards and sold more than 65 million records
worldwide.

College life, however, was short-lived for her in the 1990s: The teenager
ditched Columbia University for a record deal with Columbia Records after
one semester, Variety reported.

Even though her deal with Columbia fell through, Keys, 41, was saved by
producer Clive Davis and signed to Arista Records shortly after, producing
her debut album "Songs In A Minor" in 2001.

Alicia Keys Grammys
Alicia Keys hosts the 62nd annual Grammy Awards on Jan. 26, 2020, in Los
Angeles. (Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)
The hit album featured notable songs like "Fallin,�" which spent six weeks
at no. 1 on Billboard�s Hot 100. The soul singer went on to win 15 Grammy
Awards and 9 Billboard Music Awards. She has sold more than 65 million
records worldwide.

Rachael Ray
Celebrity chef Rachael Ray knows what to cook up in the kitchen � and
doing so didn�t require a college education.

Rachael Ray Book Signing at Sur La Table
Rachael Ray during a book signing at Sur La Table in San Jose, Califonia,
on Dec. 10, 2004. (John Medina/WireImage)
The popular chef, known for her 30-minute meals, first attended Pace
University in 1986 to study literature and communications. After two
years, Ray dropped out to save money and re-focus her career goals,
according to Good Housekeeping.

Rachel Ray's first cookbook sold 10,000 copies in two weeks.

Ray, 53, began offering cooking classes at a gourmet grocery store in
Albany, N.Y., fueled by her love of working with food, which turned into
demonstrations on local TV. By 1999, her first cookbook sold 10,000 copies
in two weeks.

After making soup during a snowy segment of "The Today Show" in 2001,
Ray�s career hit the ground running and she landed a contract with the
Food Network.

Rachael Ray cooks on air
Chef Rachael Ray on stage during a culinary demonstration on Oct. 12,
2019, in New York City. (John Lamparski/Getty Images for NYCWFF)
"Good food and a warm kitchen are what makes a house a home," she has
said.

Ryan Seacrest
Media personality Ryan Seacrest, born in Atlanta, always knew a life in
broadcasting was for him, no matter the sacrifice.

Ryan Seacrest University of Georgia commencement
Ryan Seacrest receives an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree during
University of Georgia's commencement at Sanford Stadium on May 13, 2016,
in Athens, Georgia. (Marcus Ingram/Getty Images)
After interning at Atlanta FM radio station WSTR in high school, he
enrolled in the University of Georgia to pursue journalism in 1992.

Two years later, the college junior gave his first "Seacrest, out!" to
college life and moved to Los Angeles. There, he fronted KYSR-FM�s
afternoon drive-time show called "Ryan Seacrest for the Ride Home."

Ryan Seacrest�s higher education pursuit finally came full circle when he
earned an honorary doctorate from the University of Georgia in 2016.

Click here to read the complete article

interests / alt.education / Re: Rush Limbaugh, Tiger Woods among the most successful college dropouts of our time