From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Nut Case Aimen Halim's Lawsuit Tossed Out Of Court
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 12:10:27 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 8 Apr 2023 19:10 UTC

https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/judge-tosses-lawsuit-accusing-buffalo-wild-wings-of-misrepresenting-meat-in-boneless-wings-but-plaintiffs-vow-to-pursue-the-case/

A federal judge in Illinois has dismissed a Chicago man’s class-action
lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings over the type of meat inside the
so-called “boneless” chicken wings, but lawyers for the plaintiff say
they intend to refile the complaint.

Halim says that had he known that the “boneless wings” were actually
pieces of chicken breast meat, he wouldn’t have purchased them — or,
at the very least, he would have paid “significantly less” for them.

“As a result, Mr. Halim suffered a financial injury as a result of
Defendants’ false and deceptive conduct,” the complaint says.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge John Tharp, Jr. dismissed the complaint
on procedural grounds

Wait until he finds out they're not made from buffalo.

Re: Nut Case Aimen Halim's Lawsuit Tossed Out Of Court

<t4653i9il8r3i1q4fq68lg3od70ulp0aec@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=14032&group=alt.food.fast-food#14032

From: jj@jj.jj (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 03:53:36 -0700
 by: KWills - Sun, 9 Apr 2023 10:53 UTC

On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 12:10:27 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/judge-tosses-lawsuit-accusing-buffalo-wild-wings-of-misrepresenting-meat-in-boneless-wings-but-plaintiffs-vow-to-pursue-the-case/
>
>A federal judge in Illinois has dismissed a Chicago man’s class-action
>lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings over the type of meat inside the
>so-called “boneless” chicken wings, but lawyers for the plaintiff say
>they intend to refile the complaint.

He has the right to refile. And he has the right to have the case
dismissed again.
I just hope Mr. Halim is made to pay Buffalo Wild Wing's legal
fees. I doubt he would ever pay a cent, but it would be fitting
anyway.

>Halim says that had he known that the “boneless wings” were actually
>pieces of chicken breast meat, he wouldn’t have purchased them — or,
>at the very least, he would have paid “significantly less” for them.

Is there anyone 16 years of age, or older, who doesn't have a
learning disability, who isn't aware of what boneless wings actually
are?
If he doesn't want to purchase something offered on the menu,
fine. But paying significantly less? Um, the prices are clearly listed
on the menu. I suppose he could TRY to bargain the price down, but I
don't think he would enjoy any success.

>“As a result, Mr. Halim suffered a financial injury as a result of
>Defendants’ false and deceptive conduct,” the complaint says.

What injury? He saw the price on the menu and agreed to pay it.

>On Monday, U.S. District Judge John Tharp, Jr. dismissed the complaint
>on procedural grounds

It should have been dismissed on Mr. Halim being a scammer.

>Wait until he finds out they're not made from buffalo.

Garlic wings must come from garlic cloves that have the ability
to fly. Right?

--
When the world ends, there'll be no more air.
That's why it's important to pollute the air now. Before it's too

Re: Nut Case Aimen Halim's Lawsuit Tossed Out Of Court

<bsq83ilnure99de8gdt5o1ha7hldhu5gug@Schadenfreude.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=14034&group=alt.food.fast-food#14034

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 13:21:36 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 20:21 UTC

On Sun, 09 Apr 2023 03:53:36 -0700, KWills <jj@jj.jj> wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 12:10:27 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/judge-tosses-lawsuit-accusing-buffalo-wild-wings-of-misrepresenting-meat-in-boneless-wings-but-plaintiffs-vow-to-pursue-the-case/
>>
>>A federal judge in Illinois has dismissed a Chicago man’s class-action
>>lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings over the type of meat inside the
>>so-called “boneless” chicken wings, but lawyers for the plaintiff say
>>they intend to refile the complaint.
>>

> He has the right to refile. And he has the right to have the case
>dismissed again.
> I just hope Mr. Halim is made to pay Buffalo Wild Wing's legal
>fees. I doubt he would ever pay a cent, but it would be fitting
>anyway.
>
>>Halim says that had he known that the “boneless wings” were actually
>>pieces of chicken breast meat, he wouldn’t have purchased them — or,
>>at the very least, he would have paid “significantly less” for them.
>>

> Is there anyone 16 years of age, or older, who doesn't have a
>learning disability, who isn't aware of what boneless wings actually
>are?
> If he doesn't want to purchase something offered on the menu,
>fine. But paying significantly less? Um, the prices are clearly listed
>on the menu. I suppose he could TRY to bargain the price down, but I
>don't think he would enjoy any success.
>
>>“As a result, Mr. Halim suffered a financial injury as a result of
>>Defendants’ false and deceptive conduct,” the complaint says.
>>

> What injury? He saw the price on the menu and agreed to pay it.
>
>>On Monday, U.S. District Judge John Tharp, Jr. dismissed the complaint
>>on procedural grounds
>>

> It should have been dismissed on Mr. Halim being a scammer.
>
>>Wait until he finds out they're not made from buffalo.
>
> Garlic wings must come from garlic cloves that have the ability
>to fly. Right?

Given the other lawsuits this moron has filed (one with a granola
company for not being high enough in fiber) it is clear--to me-- that
he files lawsuits claiming "damages" in hopes of the company just
settling.

Personally, I would like to see him publicly humiliated, mocked by the
court, made financially destitute by counter suits and suits for
frivolous lawsuits, his lawyers disbarred, deported if possible, and
his valve stems slashed.

At the very least, made to personally pay for the company to defend
itself against his idiot hobby.

Re: Nut Case Aimen Halim's Lawsuit Tossed Out Of Court

<er3a3ipi2h49r6d0m8a2hvlqbtdictmj7l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=14035&group=alt.food.fast-food#14035

From: jj@jj.jj (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 00:43:09 -0700
 by: KWills - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 07:43 UTC

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 13:21:36 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Apr 2023 03:53:36 -0700, KWills <jj@jj.jj> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 08 Apr 2023 12:10:27 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
>><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/judge-tosses-lawsuit-accusing-buffalo-wild-wings-of-misrepresenting-meat-in-boneless-wings-but-plaintiffs-vow-to-pursue-the-case/
>>>
>>>A federal judge in Illinois has dismissed a Chicago man’s class-action
>>>lawsuit against Buffalo Wild Wings over the type of meat inside the
>>>so-called “boneless” chicken wings, but lawyers for the plaintiff say
>>>they intend to refile the complaint.
>>
>> He has the right to refile. And he has the right to have the case
>>dismissed again.
>> I just hope Mr. Halim is made to pay Buffalo Wild Wing's legal
>>fees. I doubt he would ever pay a cent, but it would be fitting
>>anyway.
>>
>>>Halim says that had he known that the “boneless wings” were actually
>>>pieces of chicken breast meat, he wouldn’t have purchased them — or,
>>>at the very least, he would have paid “significantly less” for them.
>>
>> Is there anyone 16 years of age, or older, who doesn't have a
>>learning disability, who isn't aware of what boneless wings actually
>>are?
>> If he doesn't want to purchase something offered on the menu,
>>fine. But paying significantly less? Um, the prices are clearly listed
>>on the menu. I suppose he could TRY to bargain the price down, but I
>>don't think he would enjoy any success.
>>
>>>“As a result, Mr. Halim suffered a financial injury as a result of
>>>Defendants’ false and deceptive conduct,” the complaint says.
>>
>> What injury? He saw the price on the menu and agreed to pay it.
>>
>>>On Monday, U.S. District Judge John Tharp, Jr. dismissed the complaint
>>>on procedural grounds
>>
>> It should have been dismissed on Mr. Halim being a scammer.
>>
>>>Wait until he finds out they're not made from buffalo.
>>
>> Garlic wings must come from garlic cloves that have the ability
>>to fly. Right?
>
>Given the other lawsuits this moron has filed (one with a granola
>company for not being high enough in fiber) it is clear--to me-- that
>he files lawsuits claiming "damages" in hopes of the company just
>settling.

Exactly. Often times, companies will settle because it's actually
easier, and less costly, to do so.

>Personally, I would like to see him publicly humiliated, mocked by the
>court, made financially destitute by counter suits and suits for
>frivolous lawsuits, his lawyers disbarred, deported if possible, and
>his valve stems slashed.
>
>At the very least, made to personally pay for the company to defend
>itself against his idiot hobby.

Definitely, at the very least. He won't likely pay anything, but
it will send a message. Vexatious litigation, which is pretty clear to
be the case with Halim, should result in the plaintiff required to pay
ALL reasonable costs.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: Nut Case Aimen Halim's Lawsuit Tossed Out Of Court