From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: WEIRD: McD's Changes Name of Chicken Sandwich- Sales Jump By Double Digits
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:59:43 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 28 Apr 2023 17:59 UTC

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/marketing/mcdonalds-changes-name-chicken-sandwich-sales-soar

The Chicago-based burger giant in February decided to rebrand its
Crispy Chicken Sandwich, giving the item the same name as it has in
other global markets, such as the U.K. and Canada: The McCrispy.

It was an odd decision, particularly given the sandwichÂ’s generally
strong sales since its 2021 introduction. But the move apparently
worked. Sales of the product jumped by double digits, thanks to that
name change and a little marketing.

Re: WEIRD: McD's Changes Name of Chicken Sandwich- Sales Jump By Double Digits

<fr2q4ihudbb13tmlkkdvfppivt2h1mivch@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=14083&group=alt.food.fast-food#14083

From: jj@127.0.0.1.net (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2023 05:20:08 -0700
 by: KWills - Sat, 29 Apr 2023 12:20 UTC

On Fri, 28 Apr 2023 10:59:43 -0700, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/marketing/mcdonalds-changes-name-chicken-sandwich-sales-soar
>
>The Chicago-based burger giant in February decided to rebrand its
>Crispy Chicken Sandwich, giving the item the same name as it has in
>other global markets, such as the U.K. and Canada: The McCrispy.
>
>It was an odd decision, particularly given the sandwichÂ’s generally
>strong sales since its 2021 introduction. But the move apparently
>worked. Sales of the product jumped by double digits, thanks to that
>name change and a little marketing.

You can't argue success. I wouldn't have thought a name change
would result in any significant increase. But I would have been wrong.

--
"Listen guv, I'm a ten-guv-a-day copper! Always have been, always will
be. If you want me to work on this case, I'm going to be calling you

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Re: WEIRD: McD's Changes Name of Chicken Sandwich- Sales Jump By Double Digits