You enjoy the company of other people.

interests / alt.food.fast-food / Some European McDonalds news

SubjectAuthor
* Some European McDonalds newskyonshi
+* Re: Some European McDonalds newsKlausSchadenfreude
|+- Re: Some European McDonalds newskyonshi
|`- Re: Some European McDonalds newsK Wills
`* Re: Some European McDonalds newsK Wills
 `* Re: Some European McDonalds newskyonshi
  +- Re: Some European McDonalds newsK Wills
  `* Re: Some European McDonalds newsJerry Sauk
   `- Re: Some European McDonalds newsKWills

1
Some European McDonalds news

<unucoc$7rp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15607&group=alt.food.fast-food#15607

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Some European McDonalds news
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:11:57 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 16:11 UTC

Lets talk about the countries I live in right now.
In Germany McDonalds right now has the Big Roesti on offer, a burger
with cheese sauce, bacon, and a potato pancake. I don't see the charm in
that, but it seems popular enough they keep putting it on the menu.

In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger. This one also is
recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).

I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
but their local items are quite different. Something my wife had to
experience to her chagrin when she planned our route during the summer
to include McDonalds, because she wanted to get her favorite Espresso
Tonic, which was a big success in Polish McDonalds. Turns out Germans
have never heard about something like that. (the concoction turned out
to be a Swedish invention that spread from there to Poland)

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<bvl5qipro9g0abiq89pb5k3ma6sr0m24aa@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15610&group=alt.food.fast-food#15610

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Some European McDonalds news
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:37:24 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 18:37 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:11:57 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>Lets talk about the countries I live in right now.
>In Germany McDonalds right now has the Big Roesti on offer, a burger
>with cheese sauce, bacon, and a potato pancake. I don't see the charm in
>that, but it seems popular enough they keep putting it on the menu.

Looks pretty tasty!

https://www.mcdonalds.com/content/dam/sites/de/nfl/publications/231123_BigRoesti_LP_Cranberry_2336x1040.jpg

>In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
>which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger. This one also is
>recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
>one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
>staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).

Interesting looking sandwich!

https://cdn.mcdonalds.pl/uploads/20231102120024/352978-drwal-2023-na-www-1090x664px-72dpi-1-burger-drwala-z-chrzanem.png

>I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
>but their local items are quite different. Something my wife had to
>experience to her chagrin when she planned our route during the summer
>to include McDonalds, because she wanted to get her favorite Espresso
>Tonic, which was a big success in Polish McDonalds. Turns out Germans
>have never heard about something like that. (the concoction turned out
>to be a Swedish invention that spread from there to Poland)

When we went to Europe this last fall I went out of my way NOT to eat
an "American" fast food, but I really wanted to.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<unuub7$3bnc$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15613&group=alt.food.fast-food#15613

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 22:12:09 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sat, 13 Jan 2024 21:12 UTC

On 1/13/2024 7:37 PM, KlausSchadenfreude wrote:

> When we went to Europe this last fall I went out of my way NOT to eat
> an "American" fast food, but I really wanted to.

There's lots of great fast food in Europe, but McDonalds is easy,
accessible, and always the same. It's dependable.
And my kids are, of course, way too into it for their own good.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<9g47qilf0b6ng67b7jo4hblrlr0vdb1bir@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15614&group=alt.food.fast-food#15614

From: kw19@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:50:53 -0800
 by: K Wills - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 07:50 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:11:57 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>Lets talk about the countries I live in right now.

Yes.

>In Germany McDonalds right now has the Big Roesti on offer, a burger
>with cheese sauce, bacon, and a potato pancake. I don't see the charm in
>that, but it seems popular enough they keep putting it on the menu.

Different places have different tastes.
In 1987, the McDonald's in France (in Nice and Paris, at least)
offered escargot. I remember wine being an option as well. Though, as
I recall, it was very a low alcohol level.

>In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
>which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger.

That actually sounds good to me.

>This one also is
>recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
>one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
>staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).

Odd, since Rolnik is the Polish word for Farmer. Maybe it's a
dialect difference. I don't recognize wiesmac.
Cranberries on the Drwala burger don't sound good to me. I simply
don't like horseradish, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I am aware it's a
popular condiment, so I am probably in the minority.

>I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,

I would imagine the bulk of their menus match. But it would serve
McDonald's well to offer more local favorites. The McRib is pretty
popular in the U.S. It may not work at all in another country like
Belgium (a country I picked at random for this example).
The differences would, I expect, be a result of different food
preferences.

>but their local items are quite different. Something my wife had to
>experience to her chagrin when she planned our route during the summer
>to include McDonalds, because she wanted to get her favorite Espresso
>Tonic, which was a big success in Polish McDonalds. Turns out Germans
>have never heard about something like that. (the concoction turned out
>to be a Swedish invention that spread from there to Poland)

Yeah. It doesn't come across as a Polish concept. But it's really
easy to envision it coming in from another country.
Thank you for sharing. And welcome to the group. Enjoy your time
here.

--
If the grass if greener on the other side of the fence,
the septic tank probably has a leak.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<vi47qidrrns1b313ejlrd4unqo762ldn7p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15615&group=alt.food.fast-food#15615

From: kw19@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 23:51:07 -0800
 by: K Wills - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 07:51 UTC

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 10:37:24 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>>I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>>would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
>>but their local items are quite different. Something my wife had to
>>experience to her chagrin when she planned our route during the summer
>>to include McDonalds, because she wanted to get her favorite Espresso
>>Tonic, which was a big success in Polish McDonalds. Turns out Germans
>>have never heard about something like that. (the concoction turned out
>>to be a Swedish invention that spread from there to Poland)
>
>When we went to Europe this last fall I went out of my way NOT to eat
>an "American" fast food, but I really wanted to.

You can always see what, if any, local options are available on
future visits. It would be pointless to get a cheese burger, since
there probably won't be any difference.

--
When cryptography is outlawed,
bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<uo0f37$di43$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15618&group=alt.food.fast-food#15618

From: gmkeros@gmail.com (kyonshi)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:04:10 +0100
 by: kyonshi - Sun, 14 Jan 2024 11:04 UTC

On 1/14/2024 8:50 AM, K Wills wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:11:57 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Lets talk about the countries I live in right now.
>
> Yes.
>
>> In Germany McDonalds right now has the Big Roesti on offer, a burger
>> with cheese sauce, bacon, and a potato pancake. I don't see the charm in
>> that, but it seems popular enough they keep putting it on the menu.
>
> Different places have different tastes.
> In 1987, the McDonald's in France (in Nice and Paris, at least)
> offered escargot. I remember wine being an option as well. Though, as
> I recall, it was very a low alcohol level.
>

>> In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
>> which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger.
>
> That actually sounds good to me.

It's a bit too rich for me. It doesn't taste bad, but the sheer amount
of cheese in this is a bit too much.

>> This one also is
>> recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
>> one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
>> staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).
>>

> Odd, since Rolnik is the Polish word for Farmer. Maybe it's a
> dialect difference. I don't recognize wiesmac.
Yeah, you're right, it's supposed to be Village burger instead. The -mac
suffix is for McDonalds.

> Cranberries on the Drwala burger don't sound good to me. I simply
> don't like horseradish, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I am aware it's a
> popular condiment, so I am probably in the minority.
They don't taste very good either. I think they mostly did it because
breaded cheese with cranberries is a thing, but it just doesn't fit. The
horseradish sauce is ok, but also doesn't fit the cheese patty. I do
like the normal Wiesmac (and the sauce is more a horseradish, mayo, and
mustard mix)

>> I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>> would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
>
> I would imagine the bulk of their menus match. But it would serve
> McDonald's well to offer more local favorites. The McRib is pretty
> popular in the U.S. It may not work at all in another country like
> Belgium (a country I picked at random for this example).
> The differences would, I expect, be a result of different food
> preferences.

The McRib is actually a standard item in Germany. Which is also one of
the reasons why I say it. Poles do not eat any less pork than Germans,
and might actually be more into ribs. Yet the McRib is year-long on
German menus and completely unknown in Poland. Although I guess having
to have the special equipment for it might be a reason.

>> but their local items are quite different. Something my wife had to
>> experience to her chagrin when she planned our route during the summer
>> to include McDonalds, because she wanted to get her favorite Espresso
>> Tonic, which was a big success in Polish McDonalds. Turns out Germans
>> have never heard about something like that. (the concoction turned out
>> to be a Swedish invention that spread from there to Poland)
>
> Yeah. It doesn't come across as a Polish concept. But it's really
> easy to envision it coming in from another country.
> Thank you for sharing. And welcome to the group. Enjoy your time
> here.

thanks

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<3ou9qihlogtfqsu7chvud4a4jpnhmukl8p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15622&group=alt.food.fast-food#15622

From: kw19@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 01:29:44 -0800
 by: K Wills - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 09:29 UTC

On Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:04:10 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 1/14/2024 8:50 AM, K Wills wrote:

[...]

>>> In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
>>> which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger.
>>
>> That actually sounds good to me.
>
>It's a bit too rich for me. It doesn't taste bad, but the sheer amount
>of cheese in this is a bit too much.

Yeah. It won't be for everyone.

>>> This one also is
>>> recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
>>> one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
>>> staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).
>>
>> Odd, since Rolnik is the Polish word for Farmer. Maybe it's a
>> dialect difference. I don't recognize wiesmac.
>Yeah, you're right, it's supposed to be Village burger instead. The -mac
>suffix is for McDonalds.

That makes more sense. Wies I know. The wiesmac threw me off. I
probably should have seen the Mac ending.

>> Cranberries on the Drwala burger don't sound good to me. I simply
>> don't like horseradish, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I am aware it's a
>> popular condiment, so I am probably in the minority.
>They don't taste very good either. I think they mostly did it because
>breaded cheese with cranberries is a thing, but it just doesn't fit.

BOK!

>The
>horseradish sauce is ok, but also doesn't fit the cheese patty. I do
>like the normal Wiesmac (and the sauce is more a horseradish, mayo, and
>mustard mix)

Enjoy. You will never need to worry about me causing the supply
to run down :)

>>> I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>>> would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
>>
>> I would imagine the bulk of their menus match. But it would serve
>> McDonald's well to offer more local favorites. The McRib is pretty
>> popular in the U.S. It may not work at all in another country like
>> Belgium (a country I picked at random for this example).
>> The differences would, I expect, be a result of different food
>> preferences.
>
>The McRib is actually a standard item in Germany. Which is also one of
>the reasons why I say it. Poles do not eat any less pork than Germans,
>and might actually be more into ribs.

I would expect the McRib to be VERY popular in Poland, if it were
introduced.

>Yet the McRib is year-long on
>German menus and completely unknown in Poland. Although I guess having
>to have the special equipment for it might be a reason.

As good a guess as any.

--

Vegetarian: Indian word for lousy hunter.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<mI-dnXwdkoA2A4X7nZ2dnZfqnPQAAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17355&group=alt.food.fast-food#17355

From: jerrysauk@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:36:26 -0500
 by: Jerry Sauk - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 02:36 UTC

"kyonshi" <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 1/14/2024 8:50 AM, K Wills wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 17:11:57 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Lets talk about the countries I live in right now.
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> In Germany McDonalds right now has the Big Roesti on offer, a burger
>>> with cheese sauce, bacon, and a potato pancake. I don't see the charm in
>>> that, but it seems popular enough they keep putting it on the menu.
>>
>> Different places have different tastes.
>> In 1987, the McDonald's in France (in Nice and Paris, at least)
>> offered escargot. I remember wine being an option as well. Though, as
>> I recall, it was very a low alcohol level.
>>

>>> In Poland they have the Burger Drwala (Lumberjack's Burger) right now,
>>> which has a breaded cheese patty over the burger.
>>
>> That actually sounds good to me.
>
> It's a bit too rich for me. It doesn't taste bad, but the sheer amount of
> cheese in this is a bit too much.
>>
>>> This one also is
>>> recurring, right now they introduced a variation with cranberries, and
>>> one with horseradish sauce (which already is used in another local
>>> staple of their menu, the Wiesmac (Farmer's Burger)).
>>>

>> Odd, since Rolnik is the Polish word for Farmer. Maybe it's a
>> dialect difference. I don't recognize wiesmac.
> Yeah, you're right, it's supposed to be Village burger instead. The -mac
> suffix is for McDonalds.
>
>> Cranberries on the Drwala burger don't sound good to me. I simply
>> don't like horseradish, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I am aware it's a
>> popular condiment, so I am probably in the minority.
> They don't taste very good either. I think they mostly did it because
> breaded cheese with cranberries is a thing, but it just doesn't fit. The
> horseradish sauce is ok, but also doesn't fit the cheese patty. I do like
> the normal Wiesmac (and the sauce is more a horseradish, mayo, and mustard
> mix)
>>
>>> I am often bemused by the differences between those two countries. One
>>> would assume with a culture so similar both would have similar menus,
>>
>> I would imagine the bulk of their menus match. But it would serve
>> McDonald's well to offer more local favorites. The McRib is pretty
>> popular in the U.S. It may not work at all in another country like
>> Belgium (a country I picked at random for this example).
>> The differences would, I expect, be a result of different food
>> preferences.
>
> The McRib is actually a standard item in Germany.

Is it the same recipe that Mcrib uses in America? It was good but not all
that great in my opinion. It's just fun to hype it up wjen it arrives.

Re: Some European McDonalds news

<maqh1j9n7pum4uqd9fi8bfpfaprep87ttp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17371&group=alt.food.fast-food#17371

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 00:57:42 -0700
 by: KWills - Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:57 UTC

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:36:26 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2024 12:04:10 +0100

Why do you wait MONTHS to reply to posts? What does your retardation
and/or mental illness cause you to believe you gain from it?

>"kyonshi" <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes.

>>> Different places have different tastes.
>>> In 1987, the McDonald's in France (in Nice and Paris, at least)
>>> offered escargot. I remember wine being an option as well. Though, as
>>> I recall, it was very a low alcohol level.

>>> That actually sounds good to me.
>>
>> It's a bit too rich for me. It doesn't taste bad, but the sheer amount of
>> cheese in this is a bit too much.

>>> Odd, since Rolnik is the Polish word for Farmer. Maybe it's a
>>> dialect difference. I don't recognize wiesmac.
>> Yeah, you're right, it's supposed to be Village burger instead. The -mac
>> suffix is for McDonalds.
>>
>>> Cranberries on the Drwala burger don't sound good to me. I simply
>>> don't like horseradish, so I wouldn't enjoy it. I am aware it's a
>>> popular condiment, so I am probably in the minority.
>> They don't taste very good either. I think they mostly did it because
>> breaded cheese with cranberries is a thing, but it just doesn't fit. The
>> horseradish sauce is ok, but also doesn't fit the cheese patty. I do like
>> the normal Wiesmac (and the sauce is more a horseradish, mayo, and mustard
>> mix)

>>> I would imagine the bulk of their menus match. But it would serve
>>> McDonald's well to offer more local favorites. The McRib is pretty
>>> popular in the U.S. It may not work at all in another country like
>>> Belgium (a country I picked at random for this example).
>>> The differences would, I expect, be a result of different food
>>> preferences.
>>
>> The McRib is actually a standard item in Germany.
>
>Is it the same recipe that Mcrib uses in America? It was good but not all
>that great in my opinion. It's just fun to hype it up wjen

What is "wjen?"

>it arrives.

The McRib has proved very popular when it's been made available.
You may not like it, which is fine, but you are in the minority.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2