From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: 7 fast-food chains serving up fish sandwiches for Lent
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:48:39 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:48 UTC

While you can get a Lent-friendly meal at *any* restaurant, these 7
offer the fish option:
https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/lent-specials-fish-sandwiches-2024-rcna139004

McDonald’s
McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish.
One could not write about fish sandwiches without first acknowledging
McDonald’s staple — the Filet-O-Fish — which inspired a classic jingle
involving a robotic bass lamenting his brethren’s fate as fast food.
In reality, the sandwich features a wild-caught Alaska pollock made
into a crispy fish fillet patty topped with American cheese and
McDonald’s tartar sauce, served on a steamed bun.

Burger King
Burger King’s Fiery Big Fish.
Burger King now has a spicy version of its fish sandwich, which the
brand says makes it “a great option for those observing Lent” or those
seafood-lovers seeking a tangier take on the original.
Fiery Big Fish: Available for a limited time at participating Burger
King restaurants nationwide, the Fiery Big Fish features a fried fish
fillet with lettuce, pickles, tartar sauce and a spicy glaze served on
a brioche-style bun.
Big Fish: BK’s OG fish sandwich features Alaska pollock with panko
breading, sweet tartar sauce, lettuce and pickles on a toasted bun.
Additionally, from Feb. 14 until March 28, members of BK’s Royal Perks
loyalty program can enjoy a second original or Fiery Big Fish for $2
when they purchase one at full price online or in the BK app.

White Castle
White Castle’s Panko Breaded Fish Sliders.Whitecastle
White Castle has a few seafood options available now to order,
including:
Fish Slider: This dish features lightly breaded Alaska pollock topped
with your choice of American, jalapeño or smoked cheddar cheese.
Panko Breaded Fish Sliders: This remix on the fish slider features
Alaska pollock with a crispy panko breading topped with American
cheese.
Clam Strips: This dish consists of crispy Atlantic surf clams coated
in a light breading, available in small, medium and sack sizes.
Shrimp Nibblers: Available in original or Sriracha-flavored versions,
this item features bite-sized and shareable butterfly shrimp in a
light and crispy coating.

Popeyes
Popeyes’ Flounder Fish Sandwich.
Popeyes just brought back two seafood offerings for Lent: the Flounder
Fish Sandwich and Shrimp Tackle Box, which are both available for a
limited time at participating restaurants nationwide, joining the
chain’s year-round seafood offerings, like the Surf and Turf Box and
Popcorn Shrimp.
Flounder Fish Sandwich: Starting at $5.99, this item comes in both
Classic and Spicy varieties. The sandwich features an Alaskan flounder
fillet marinated it in Louisiana herbs and spices, dusted in a
Southern crispy coating, fried and served on a toasted brioche bun
topped with barrel-cured pickles and a classic tartar sauce or spicy
spread.
Shrimp Tackle Box: Also starting at $5.99, this item features eight
butterfly shrimp seasoned in a blend of Louisiana herbs and spices,
breaded and fried. The box is paired with a regular side, a biscuit
and classic tartar sauce.

Wendy’s
Wendy’s Crispy Panko Fish Sandwich.
On Feb. 12, Wendy’s brought back its Crispy Panko Fish Sandwich, which
pairs a wild-caught Alaska pollock fillet coated in panko breading and
topped with lettuce, American cheese, pickles and a creamy dill tartar
sauce, served on a bun, for about $6.19.

Arby’s
Arby’s King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe Sandwich.
Arby’s may “have the meats,” but it also has three fish sandwich
options. And as part of its 2 for $6 Crispy Fish Sandwiches deal, you
can get the two following items for $6 until April 8:
Crispy Fish Sandwich: This sandwich features a crispy fish fillet with
shredded lettuce and tartar sauce on a toasted sesame seed bun.
Fish ‘N Cheddar Sandwich: This sandwich features a crispy fish fillet
with shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese sauce and tartar sauce on a
toasted sesame seed bun.
This one’s not a part of the deal, but it’s still worth mentioning:
King’s Hawaiian Fish Deluxe: This sandwich features a crispy fish
fillet topped with cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce, tomato and tartar
sauce, served on a toasted King’s Hawaiian roll.

Bojangles
Bojangles’ Bojangler Fish Sandwich.
On Feb. 12, the home of the Bo-Berry Biscuit announced it’s offering
the Bojangler Fish Sandwich for a limited time. This item features an
Alaskan pollock fillet dusted in Bojangles’ Famous Seasoning and
topped with a slice of American cheese and tartar sauce and served on
a toasted bun.
Customers can order the Bojangler a la carte or as a combo meal, which
comes with a side and drink.

Re: 7 fast-food chains serving up fish sandwiches for Lent

<qr84tidfleenhcc1qhst28pcpir44uoqiq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16113&group=alt.food.fast-food#16113

From: kw19@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:34:39 -0800
 by: K Wills - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 15:34 UTC

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:48:39 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>While you can get a Lent-friendly meal at *any* restaurant, these 7
>offer the fish option:
>https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/lent-specials-fish-sandwiches-2024-rcna139004

[...]

I think it's great of them to offer the option of fish for those
who have chosen to give up meat (not quite sure how fish escapes being
meat, but I wasn't consulted) during Lent. I'm sure it helps the
bottom line, too. :)

--
If the grass if greener on the other side of the fence,
the septic tank probably has a leak.

www.avg.com

Re: 7 fast-food chains serving up fish sandwiches for Lent

<6fl4ti5obqe7k5t394tp5jq6k1rvshfpup@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16114&group=alt.food.fast-food#16114

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:10:26 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sun, 18 Feb 2024 19:10 UTC

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:34:39 -0800, K Wills <kw19@kw.kw> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:48:39 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>While you can get a Lent-friendly meal at *any* restaurant, these 7
>>offer the fish option:
>>https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/lent-specials-fish-sandwiches-2024-rcna139004
>
>[...]
>
> I think it's great of them to offer the option of fish for those
>who have chosen to give up meat (not quite sure how fish escapes being
>meat, but I wasn't consulted) during Lent. I'm sure it helps the
>bottom line, too. :)

The likely reason is that fish are cold-blooded, which back in the 9th
century is how meat was classified. If it didn't traditionally bleed,
it was not meat and was fair game. This effectively restricted
faithful Christians from eating birds and mammals, though flexible
definitions muddied this rule over time.
https://www.tastingtable.com/1223413/the-reason-fish-isnt-considered-meat-during-lent/#:~:text=The%20likely%20reason%20is%20that,muddied%20this%20rule%20over%20time.

Re: 7 fast-food chains serving up fish sandwiches for Lent

<iv36titdvqnmf8540ujju9e3fafvjcjt2u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16120&group=alt.food.fast-food#16120

From: kw19@kw.kw (K Wills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 00:23:19 -0800
 by: K Wills - Mon, 19 Feb 2024 08:23 UTC

On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 11:10:26 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 07:34:39 -0800, K Wills <kw19@kw.kw> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 03:48:39 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
>><klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>While you can get a Lent-friendly meal at *any* restaurant, these 7
>>>offer the fish option:
>>>https://www.today.com/food/restaurants/lent-specials-fish-sandwiches-2024-rcna139004
>>
>>[...]
>>
>> I think it's great of them to offer the option of fish for those
>>who have chosen to give up meat (not quite sure how fish escapes being
>>meat, but I wasn't consulted) during Lent. I'm sure it helps the
>>bottom line, too. :)
>
>The likely reason is that fish are cold-blooded, which back in the 9th
>century is how meat was classified. If it didn't traditionally bleed,
>it was not meat and was fair game. This effectively restricted
>faithful Christians from eating birds and mammals, though flexible
>definitions muddied this rule over time.
>https://www.tastingtable.com/1223413/the-reason-fish-isnt-considered-meat-during-lent/#:~:text=The%20likely%20reason%20is%20that,muddied%20this%20rule%20over%20time.

As good a reason as any, I suppose.

--
When the world ends, there'll be no more air.
That's why it's important to pollute the air now. Before it's too