Newsgroups: alt.tv.pol-incorrect,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.corruption,alt.politics.usa,nyc.politics
Subject: NYC mother says Alvin Bragg's office treated her "like garbage" after "brutal ... slaughter" of veteran son - Madeline Brame spoke during House Judiciary Committee's field hearing in New York City
From: weberm@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 21:05:02 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Wed, 19 Apr 2023 01:05 UTC

A New York City mother testified that Manhattan District Attorney Alvin
Bragg's office treated her and her family "like garbage" as she sought the
prosecution of those responsible for the death of her son.

Madeline Brame appeared before the House Judiciary Committee's field hearing
in NYC on Monday, testifying about her son's murder and the years-long court
battle that followed. Brame blasted both Bragg's handling of the case and the
larger New York judicial system, saying millions of taxpayer dollars were
being wasted even as crime spiked.

Bragg has let "all types of criminal elements free to do what they want, when
they want, however they want, to whomever they want, with no consequences �
no deterrence," Brame testified. "Millions and billions of our hard-earned
taxpayer dollars are going to fund organizations that are doing absolutely
nothing to deter this crime."

"I propose that not another dime of our federal tax dollars be pumped into
[soft policing organizations] until they can produce measurable outcomes of
the effectiveness of what they are doing with our tax dollars," she
continued. "And as for this district attorney's office, if he is receiving
one penny of federal dollars, you need to pull that funding until he starts
doing his damn job and prosecuting crime."

Brame's son, Army Sgt. Hason Correa, was stabbed nine times in front of his
father in 2018. His attackers were alleged to be Mary Saunders, her brother
and another man. Prosecutors worked on the case for more than four years, but
Bragg's office was unable to prove that Saunders had knowingly assisted
Correa's murder.

"Mary Saunders, the sister involved in the homicide, [Bragg] dismissed her
indictment and recharged her with assault with a shoe and sentenced her to
one year time served. Travis Stewart � [Bragg] dismissed his gang assault and
murder indictment and sentenced him to attempted gang assault," Brame said.

Brame added that both Saunders and Stewart were "clearly, on video,
participating in the brutal, savage slaughter of my son."

"This is the atrocity, this is the horror," she said, according to the New
York Post. "And it�s not just me. There are hundreds and thousands of us that
are experiencing the same trauma. We�re treated like garbage. It�s like the
killer is the victim and the victim is the killer."

Rep. Jerry Nadler, D-N.Y., later pointed out that two of the suspects were
convicted and are serving life sentences for killing Correa.

Brame was one of many witnesses who testified during Monday's field hearing,
which Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, convened in an effort to highlight New
York City's crime problem. Jordan has argued that Bragg should be more
focused on violent crime than prosecuting former President Donald Trump for
alleged hush-money payments regarding affairs he reportedly had with a former
adult film actress and a former Playmate model.

--
Let's go Brandon!

interests / nyc.politics / NYC mother says Alvin Bragg's office treated her "like garbage" after "brutal ... slaughter" of veteran son - Madeline Brame spoke during House Judiciary Committee's field hearing in New York City