From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Is Chizza Coming To KFC This Spring?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 06:03:36 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 14:03 UTC

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/food/kfc-is-bringing-its-most-outrageous-international-item-to-us-3005314/

Back in 2015, KFC’s branch in the Philippines surprised fans with
another menu item in which the bread has been swapped for chicken. The
Chizza tops two pieces of fried chicken with marinara sauce, melted
mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

https://www.thestreet.com/.image/c_fit%2Ch_800%2Cw_1200/MjA0NTA1MDMxMDA3ODA3MDc0/kfcchizza_vb_0221.jpg

After the product proved popular and eventually found its way to other
countries such as South Korea, Thailand, Germany and Spain, KFC
announced that it would also be bringing it to the U.S. market this
spring.

The Chizza will be sold at KFC locations across the U.S. starting from
Feb. 28 for a limited time. Fans can try it alone for $9.99 or as part
of a combo with fries and a soft drink for $12.99. A smaller version
made with only one piece of fried chicken will also be available for
$5.99.

“Fried chicken and pizza collaborated to create something even better
– the Chizza,” Nick Chavez, who heads marketing for KFC USA, said in a
statement. “The fan-favorite mashup is finally available in the U.S.
after making its way around the world – try it while you can!”

Re: Is Chizza Coming To KFC This Spring?

<uukjti1qss2rh7rqg7krk87bck58m1jtld@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16217&group=alt.food.fast-food#16217

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Is Chizza Coming To KFC This Spring?
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 03:33:12 -0800
 by: KWills - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 11:33 UTC

On Fri, 23 Feb 2024 06:03:36 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/food/kfc-is-bringing-its-most-outrageous-international-item-to-us-3005314/
>
>Back in 2015, KFC’s branch in the Philippines surprised fans with
>another menu item in which the bread has been swapped for chicken. The
>Chizza tops two pieces of fried chicken with marinara sauce, melted
>mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.

That sounds so good. I wonder if a grilled chicken option will be
possible. I would definitely give that a try.

>https://www.thestreet.com/.image/c_fit%2Ch_800%2Cw_1200/MjA0NTA1MDMxMDA3ODA3MDc0/kfcchizza_vb_0221.jpg
>
>After the product proved popular and eventually found its way to other
>countries such as South Korea, Thailand, Germany and Spain, KFC
>announced that it would also be bringing it to the U.S. market this
>spring.
>
>The Chizza will be sold at KFC locations across the U.S. starting from
>Feb. 28 for a limited time. Fans can try it alone for $9.99 or as part
>of a combo with fries and a soft drink for $12.99. A smaller version
>made with only one piece of fried chicken will also be available for
>$5.99.

Comes across as a bit expensive. But it may be worth the cost.

>“Fried chicken and pizza collaborated to create something even better
>– the Chizza,” Nick Chavez, who heads marketing for KFC USA, said in a
>statement. “The fan-favorite mashup is finally available in the U.S.
>after making its way around the world – try it while you can!”

Chicken based pizza "dough" has been a thing for a while. But
this is the first I've heard of using just the chicken itself.

--
Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.