"Don't talk to me about disclaimers! I invented disclaimers!" -- The Censored Hacker

interests / alt.food.fast-food / In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

SubjectAuthor
* In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problemKlausSchadenfreude
+* Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problJerry Sauk
|+* Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problKlausSchadenfreude
||`- Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problKWills
|`- Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problKWills
`- Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problKWills

1
In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<g42stils062ulhhgfr39rq6faldf5fsft0@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16269&group=alt.food.fast-food#16269

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 08:09:21 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 16:09 UTC

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html

New York
CNN
—
In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
because of rampant crime in the California city.

The burger chain said in a statement that “despite taking repeated
steps to create safer conditions, our customers and associates are
regularly victimized by car break-ins, property damage, theft, and
armed robberies.”

The location, which has been open for nearly two decades, will close
on March 24. It’s the city’s only In-N-Out and is near the airport.

Crime has indeed substantially increased in Oakland: Burglaries were
up 23% and motor vehicle thefts were up 44% in 2023 compared to a year
prior, according to Oakland Police Department data obtained by CNN
affiliate KGO-TV.

In-N-Out said in a statement that while “several” of its locations
have relocated in its 75-year history, the Oakland closure is the
first restaurant it has closed.

“We feel the frequency and severity of the crimes being encountered by
our customers and associates leave us no alternative,” said Chief
Operating Officer Denny Warnick, in the statement.

Notably, Warnick said its Oakland location was “busy and profitable,”
but it can’t ask its customers or employees to “visit or work in an
unsafe environment.” Affected employees, which amount to about 100,
will transfer to a nearby restaurant in San Francisco or receive
severance.

Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<TdCcnbl6mqpfpEP4nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16277&group=alt.food.fast-food#16277

From: jerrysauk@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:22:03 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:22 UTC

"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
> https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html
>
> New York
> CNN
> -
> In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
> time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
> because of rampant crime in the California city.

Another reason NOT to vote for Biden.

Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<bjpstitjcdir2rgmh3ee3masvd3c8f4cku@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16289&group=alt.food.fast-food#16289

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:47:25 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Tue, 27 Feb 2024 22:47 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:22:03 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html
>>
>> New York
>> CNN
>> -
>> In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
>> time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
>> because of rampant crime in the California city.
>
>Another reason NOT to vote for Biden.

Jenny has no idea how Biden is responsible.

Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<lo76uilqg6qn5ipt8ta6idri6ih50pb1g1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16338&group=alt.food.fast-food#16338

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 04:44:12 -0800
 by: KWills - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 12:44 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 08:09:21 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html
>
>New York
>CNN
> —
>In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
>time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
>because of rampant crime in the California city.

[...]

This is sad, but understandable.
I anticipate members of the community to whine and cry about it.

--

No sense being pessimistic.
It wouldn't work anyway.

Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<uo76uiprbovgk9obllk62bj688aoi3jkub@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16339&group=alt.food.fast-food#16339

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 04:44:31 -0800
 by: KWills - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 12:44 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:22:03 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html
>>
>> New York
>> CNN
>> -
>> In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
>> time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
>> because of rampant crime in the California city.
>
>Another reason NOT to vote for Biden.

I realize you are not pretending to have a profound learning
disability, but the President has NO say over a business closing.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2

Re: In-N-Out has never closed a location, until now. It cites crime as the problem

<hp76uid7mj8n3arteq5lm6ekj84pksjdpv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16340&group=alt.food.fast-food#16340

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2024 04:44:46 -0800
 by: KWills - Sat, 2 Mar 2024 12:44 UTC

On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 14:47:25 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 13:22:03 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
><jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/23/food/in-n-out-oakland-closure-crime/index.html
>>>
>>> New York
>>> CNN
>>> -
>>> In-N-Out is permanently closing one of its restaurants for the first
>>> time ever, announcing that its Oakland location will soon shutter
>>> because of rampant crime in the California city.
>>
>>Another reason NOT to vote for Biden.
>
>Jenny has no idea how Biden is responsible.

The President isn't responsible for the closing. He lacks the
authority to close any business. And Jenny knows this.

--
I suffer from chronic apathy.
I was going to go see a doctor about it, but I didn't really care.