From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 16:26:44 -0800
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 00:26 UTC

For 15 years, Los Angeles restaurant Gjelina has been considered one
of the city’s best California Italian spots, a hip destination on
Venice’s busy (and expensive) Abbot Kinney Boulevard that comes
complete with ultra-trendy customers, high prices, and mandatory
service charges. The admittedly delicious restaurant has spawned lots
of imitators and even its own next-door counter-service offshoot,
Gjelina Take Away (GTA for short).

And that’s where things get wild. Every day, starting at 11:30 a.m.,
GTA — a restaurant with no servers and basically no seats — serves a
pepperoni pizza for $70.

THE REVIEW

Once in hand at least, the Gjelina Take Away version of pepperoni
pizza certainly exceeded expectations. The box is gargantuan, with
pizza stretching into each corner. As someone whose stomach is
accustomed to eating pizza regularly, two of the massive slices were
enough to leave me satisfied and then some. And the pie was topped
with a generous amount of pepperoni. No skimping there.

Here’s the truth: This is a pretty outstanding pie. The New York-ish
crust is lightly salty, flecked with char from the wood-fired oven,
and, while quite thin, able to stand up to the pie’s unsparing
toppings. Every bite is extra saucy, with a little spark of warm heat
from Calabrian chile and the thin discs of chewy pepperoni. Melty
fontina cheese gives another sharp salty note to the entire thing, and
there’s just a hint of onion-y flavor.

In other words: It is far from low-grade chain delivery pepperoni
pizza. But does that mean it stacks up to the hefty price tag? No way

Did I enjoy every salty, cheesy, saucy bite of that ridiculously
priced pizza? Yes. Would I order it again, given that it could easily
feed me and a few friends? Hell no.

Looks good, but not $70 good.

https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/35/35/04/24498483/3/960x0.webp

Re: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?

<nm8mmip9epni5hjltkvfeuoer33tv66n96@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=15001&group=alt.food.fast-food#15001

From: Chadlee.Bryant.is.a.convicted.child.molester@truth.tru (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Subject: Re: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 04:28:45 -0800
 by: KWills - Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:28 UTC

On Fri, 01 Dec 2023 16:26:44 -0800, KlausSchadenfreude
<klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote:

>For 15 years, Los Angeles restaurant Gjelina has been considered one
>of the city’s best California Italian spots, a hip destination on
>Venice’s busy (and expensive) Abbot Kinney Boulevard that comes
>complete with ultra-trendy customers, high prices, and mandatory
>service charges. The admittedly delicious restaurant has spawned lots
>of imitators and even its own next-door counter-service offshoot,
>Gjelina Take Away (GTA for short).

I hadn't heard of the place.

>And that’s where things get wild. Every day, starting at 11:30 a.m.,
>GTA — a restaurant with no servers and basically no seats — serves a
>pepperoni pizza for $70.

That's insane!

>THE REVIEW
>
>Once in hand at least, the Gjelina Take Away version of pepperoni
>pizza certainly exceeded expectations. The box is gargantuan, with
>pizza stretching into each corner. As someone whose stomach is
>accustomed to eating pizza regularly, two of the massive slices were
>enough to leave me satisfied and then some. And the pie was topped
>with a generous amount of pepperoni. No skimping there.
>
>Here’s the truth: This is a pretty outstanding pie. The New York-ish
>crust is lightly salty, flecked with char from the wood-fired oven,
>and, while quite thin, able to stand up to the pie’s unsparing
>toppings. Every bite is extra saucy, with a little spark of warm heat
>from Calabrian chile and the thin discs of chewy pepperoni. Melty
>fontina cheese gives another sharp salty note to the entire thing, and
>there’s just a hint of onion-y flavor.

Well, it certainly comes across as good. But $70 worth of good?

>In other words: It is far from low-grade chain delivery pepperoni
>pizza. But does that mean it stacks up to the hefty price tag? No way

Yeah. I wouldn't think it's worth $70. Based on the review, a
higher than typical price could be justified, but not this much.

>Did I enjoy every salty, cheesy, saucy bite of that ridiculously
>priced pizza? Yes. Would I order it again, given that it could easily
>feed me and a few friends? Hell no.
>
>Looks good, but not $70 good.
>
>https://s.hdnux.com/photos/01/35/35/04/24498483/3/960x0.webp

If I can con someone into buying one, I might try a bite or two.
But the picture doesn't make it appear any better than what one could
get from Domino's.
The restaurant's web site shows other pizzas around $20 to $25
each. This is more reasonable.

--
When cryptography is outlawed,
bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.

Re: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?

<btqdnb8BqotlZp37nZ2dnZfqnPYAAAAA@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16945&group=alt.food.fast-food#16945

From: jerrysauk@hotmail.com (Jerry Sauk)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:07:42 -0600
 by: Jerry Sauk - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 05:07 UTC

"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message

> For 15 years, Los Angeles restaurant Gjelina has been considered one
> of the city's best California Italian spots, a hip destination on
> Venice's busy (and expensive) Abbot Kinney Boulevard that comes
> complete with ultra-trendy customers, high prices, and mandatory
> service charges. The admittedly delicious restaurant has spawned lots
> of imitators and even its own next-door counter-service offshoot,
> Gjelina Take Away (GTA for short).
>
> And that's where things get wild. Every day, starting at 11:30 a.m.,
> GTA - a restaurant with no servers and basically no seats - serves a
> pepperoni pizza for $70.
>
> THE REVIEW
>
> Once in hand at least, the Gjelina Take Away version of pepperoni
> pizza certainly exceeded expectations. The box is gargantuan, with
> pizza stretching into each corner. As someone whose stomach is
> accustomed to eating pizza regularly, two of the massive slices were
> enough to leave me satisfied and then some. And the pie was topped
> with a generous amount of pepperoni. No skimping there.
>
> Here's the truth: This is a pretty outstanding pie. The New York-ish
> crust is lightly salty, flecked with char from the wood-fired oven,
> and, while quite thin, able to stand up to the pie's unsparing
> toppings. Every bite is extra saucy, with a little spark of warm heat
> from Calabrian chile and the thin discs of chewy pepperoni. Melty
> fontina cheese gives another sharp salty note to the entire thing, and
> there's just a hint of onion-y flavor.
>
> In other words: It is far from low-grade chain delivery pepperoni
> pizza. But does that mean it stacks up to the hefty price tag? No way
>
> Did I enjoy every salty, cheesy, saucy bite of that ridiculously
> priced pizza? Yes. Would I order it again, given that it could easily
> feed me and a few friends? Hell no.
>
> Looks good, but not $70 good.

I dont consider pizza that costs $70 dollar's to be fast-food. There was no
need to post that review.

Re: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?

<i6e20j51014gv1ptu6c01vq5mdia318d7r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16964&group=alt.food.fast-food#16964

From: kw19@kw.kw (KWills)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 01:42:41 -0700
 by: KWills - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 08:42 UTC

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:07:42 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

What do you gain from waiting MONTHS to add to the PROOF that you
cannot be honest?

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> For 15 years, Los Angeles restaurant Gjelina has been considered one
>> of the city's best California Italian spots, a hip destination on
>> Venice's busy (and expensive) Abbot Kinney Boulevard that comes
>> complete with ultra-trendy customers, high prices, and mandatory
>> service charges. The admittedly delicious restaurant has spawned lots
>> of imitators and even its own next-door counter-service offshoot,
>> Gjelina Take Away (GTA for short).
>>
>> And that's where things get wild. Every day, starting at 11:30 a.m.,
>> GTA - a restaurant with no servers and basically no seats - serves a
>> pepperoni pizza for $70.
>>
>> THE REVIEW
>>
>> Once in hand at least, the Gjelina Take Away version of pepperoni
>> pizza certainly exceeded expectations. The box is gargantuan, with
>> pizza stretching into each corner. As someone whose stomach is
>> accustomed to eating pizza regularly, two of the massive slices were
>> enough to leave me satisfied and then some. And the pie was topped
>> with a generous amount of pepperoni. No skimping there.
>>
>> Here's the truth: This is a pretty outstanding pie. The New York-ish
>> crust is lightly salty, flecked with char from the wood-fired oven,
>> and, while quite thin, able to stand up to the pie's unsparing
>> toppings. Every bite is extra saucy, with a little spark of warm heat
>> from Calabrian chile and the thin discs of chewy pepperoni. Melty
>> fontina cheese gives another sharp salty note to the entire thing, and
>> there's just a hint of onion-y flavor.
>>
>> In other words: It is far from low-grade chain delivery pepperoni
>> pizza. But does that mean it stacks up to the hefty price tag? No way
>>
>> Did I enjoy every salty, cheesy, saucy bite of that ridiculously
>> priced pizza? Yes. Would I order it again, given that it could easily
>> feed me and a few friends? Hell no.
>>
>> Looks good, but not $70 good.
>
>I dont consider pizza that costs $70 dollar's to be fast-food.

It is most fortunate that you have NO say in the matter.

>There was no need to post that review.

There is no NEED to post anything. Ever. Each one of us posts
because we want to.

[Cue avoidance from Jenny.]

--
A small number of the documented lies of Jerry "Jenny" Sauk.
http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/?i=2

Re: Most Expensive Pepperoni Pizza?

<lhn20jdb1virao0c8n9gvkbdi5qd17kafj@Rudy.Canoza.is.a.forging.cocksucking.dwarf.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=16977&group=alt.food.fast-food#16977

From: klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com (KlausSchadenfreude)
Newsgroups: alt.food.fast-food
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 04:22:57 -0700
 by: KlausSchadenfreude - Mon, 25 Mar 2024 11:22 UTC

On Sun, 24 Mar 2024 23:07:42 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
<jerrysauk@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"KlausSchadenfreude" <klaus.schadenfreudeREMOVE@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> For 15 years, Los Angeles restaurant Gjelina has been considered one
>> of the city's best California Italian spots, a hip destination on
>> Venice's busy (and expensive) Abbot Kinney Boulevard that comes
>> complete with ultra-trendy customers, high prices, and mandatory
>> service charges. The admittedly delicious restaurant has spawned lots
>> of imitators and even its own next-door counter-service offshoot,
>> Gjelina Take Away (GTA for short).
>>
>> And that's where things get wild. Every day, starting at 11:30 a.m.,
>> GTA - a restaurant with no servers and basically no seats - serves a
>> pepperoni pizza for $70.
>>
>> THE REVIEW
>>
>> Once in hand at least, the Gjelina Take Away version of pepperoni
>> pizza certainly exceeded expectations. The box is gargantuan, with
>> pizza stretching into each corner. As someone whose stomach is
>> accustomed to eating pizza regularly, two of the massive slices were
>> enough to leave me satisfied and then some. And the pie was topped
>> with a generous amount of pepperoni. No skimping there.
>>
>> Here's the truth: This is a pretty outstanding pie. The New York-ish
>> crust is lightly salty, flecked with char from the wood-fired oven,
>> and, while quite thin, able to stand up to the pie's unsparing
>> toppings. Every bite is extra saucy, with a little spark of warm heat
>> from Calabrian chile and the thin discs of chewy pepperoni. Melty
>> fontina cheese gives another sharp salty note to the entire thing, and
>> there's just a hint of onion-y flavor.
>>
>> In other words: It is far from low-grade chain delivery pepperoni
>> pizza. But does that mean it stacks up to the hefty price tag? No way
>>
>> Did I enjoy every salty, cheesy, saucy bite of that ridiculously
>> priced pizza? Yes. Would I order it again, given that it could easily
>> feed me and a few friends? Hell no.
>>
>> Looks good, but not $70 good.
>
>I dont consider pizza that costs $70 dollar's to be fast-food. There was no
>need to post that review.

Pizza is considered fast food, as you'd know if you read and
understood the FAQ

http://jerrylies.byethost22.com/a.f.f-f_FAQ.html

Nobody cares what YOU consider fast food, since you don't know what
fast food is.

The PRICE of fast food doesn't enter into if it's fast food or not.