You may get an opportunity for advancement today. Watch it!

interests / rec.games.chess.misc / Re: Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anyway

SubjectAuthor
* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
+* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
|`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| +* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| |+* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| || `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| ||  +- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  +* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayThe Horny Goat
| ||  |+- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  |`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| ||  | `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| ||  |  `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  |   +* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayWilliam Hyde
| ||  |   |+- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| ||  |   |`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  |   | `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayWilliam Hyde
| ||  |   |  `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  |   |   `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayWilliam Hyde
| ||  |   `* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
| ||  |    `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayWilliam Hyde
| ||  `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayWilliam Hyde
| |`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayThe Horny Goat
| | `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
| `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayEli Kesef
`* Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake
 `- Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anywayKen Blake

Pages:12
Re: Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anyway

<359a34ac-de8a-409b-8f5f-7c40181a29c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=1742&group=rec.games.chess.misc#1742

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 16:54:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anyway
From: nastyhorsefork@gmail.com (Eli Kesef)
 by: Eli Kesef - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 00:54 UTC

On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 11:33:26 AM UTC+3, Eli Kesef wrote:
> Bs"d
>
> And I got another one, an anti-miniature. One of those guys he really REALLY don't wanna say die. He dragged on and on and on, so I thought: "Let's give this guy a hand." After all, we are in the world to help each other, ain't we?
>
> So the enemy was left with a bare king, while I had a castle and 6 pawns: https://lichess.org/tvaD5ntbHWNq
>
> And he played on. So I horsed a pawn, and then I bishopped a pawn, (nobody objects when somebody says: "I queened my pawn", so please don't start whining about me not queening my pawn, but converting it to something else) and then I queened the rest, after which I fed those queens to his king.
> At one point he even refused to take my queens and my last castle. I had to force feed them to him.
> But anyway, at last he was left with his bare king, and I started to mate him with my king, horse and bishop.
> With good success I might add, it took me only 27 moves, and he was mate on move 114.
>
> Chalk up another one for the good guy!

Bs"d

Got here another one, who really didn't want to resign. On move 65 he was left with a bare king, and I had a queen, bishop, and pawn. And he played on.

So again, I lend him a hand, and I brought my pawn to the other side, and horsed it. Then I fed my queen to his king, and I was left with bishop and horse against his bare king. This was on move 72.

On move 106 I mated him.

That will teach him.

And keep me in shape with the horse-bishop mate.

https://tinyurl.com/horse-bishop

Re: Somebody who resigns gracefully never intended to win anyway

<6b978eef-77ee-41c6-a141-b69c0e3f6ae1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=1749&group=rec.games.chess.misc#1749

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2023 15:21:22 -0800 (PST)
From: wthyde1953@gmail.com (William Hyde)
 by: William Hyde - Sun, 5 Feb 2023 23:21 UTC

On Saturday, February 4, 2023 at 7:54:47 PM UTC-5, Eli Kesef wrote:
> On Friday, April 1, 2022 at 11:33:26 AM UTC+3, Eli Kesef wrote:
> > Bs"d
> >
> > And I got another one, an anti-miniature. One of those guys he really REALLY don't wanna say die. He dragged on and on and on, so I thought: "Let's give this guy a hand." After all, we are in the world to help each other, ain't we?
> >
> > So the enemy was left with a bare king, while I had a castle and 6 pawns: https://lichess.org/tvaD5ntbHWNq
> >
> > And he played on. So I horsed a pawn, and then I bishopped a pawn, (nobody objects when somebody says: "I queened my pawn", so please don't start whining about me not queening my pawn, but converting it to something else) and then I queened the rest, after which I fed those queens to his king.
> > At one point he even refused to take my queens and my last castle. I had to force feed them to him.
> > But anyway, at last he was left with his bare king, and I started to mate him with my king, horse and bishop.
> > With good success I might add, it took me only 27 moves, and he was mate on move 114.
> >
> > Chalk up another one for the good guy!
> Bs"d
>
> Got here another one, who really didn't want to resign. On move 65 he was left with a bare king, and I had a queen, bishop, and pawn. And he played on.
>
> So again, I lend him a hand, and I brought my pawn to the other side, and horsed it. Then I fed my queen to his king, and I was left with bishop and horse against his bare king. This was on move 72.
>
> On move 106 I mated him.

Everybody does this once. After that we mate the time-wasting bastards ASAP.

> That will teach him.

It won't.

> And keep me in shape with the horse-bishop mate.

It will.

William Hyde