"Success covers a multitude of blunders." -- George Bernard Shaw

interests / alt.food.fast-food / California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

SubjectAuthor
* California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close orHorace Morris
+* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Clospothead
|+* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosMitchell Holman
||+- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
||+- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
||`* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosPaul Szypula
|| +- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
|| `- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosScout
|`* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosGovernor Swill
| `- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
+* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosGovernor Swill
|`- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
`* Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosGovernor Swill
 +- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball
 `- Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants ClosLil-man-ball

1
California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<6621eae3_2@news.gallaxial.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17536&group=alt.food.fast-food#17536

Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
From: hmorris@spectrum.net (Horace Morris)
Subject: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: 18 Apr 2024 23:54:11 -0500
 by: Horace Morris - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 04:54 UTC

After California’s $20 fast food minimum wage increase took effect, many
restaurant owners felt the pressure immediately. Many smaller chains
cannot meet the wage requirements and still make a profit.

One fast food chain left its employees in disbelief when they arrived at
work on Monday morning to discover that they no longer had a job.

To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
intelligent enough at all to vote.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-fast-food-wage-increase-backfires-as-restaurants-close-or-cut-hours/ss-AA1ngAwa

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<uvu45m$33021$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17538&group=alt.food.fast-food#17538

From: pothead@snakebite.com (pothead)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:55:34 -0000 (UTC)
 by: pothead - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:55 UTC

On 2024-04-19, Horace Morris <hmorris@spectrum.net> wrote:
> After California’s $20 fast food minimum wage increase took effect, many
> restaurant owners felt the pressure immediately. Many smaller chains
> cannot meet the wage requirements and still make a profit.
>
> One fast food chain left its employees in disbelief when they arrived at
> work on Monday morning to discover that they no longer had a job.
>
> To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
> intelligent enough at all to vote.
>
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-fast-food-wage-increase-backfires-as-restaurants-close-or-cut-hours/ss-AA1ngAwa

Of course it's failing. A first year high school economics student could have predicted this.
It's just more of Joe Biden and the Democrats plan to destroy the USA.

--
pothead
Tommy Chong For President 2024.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<XnsB159822015B73noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.18>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17540&group=alt.food.fast-food#17540

Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Subject: Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
From: dalmationstation@aol.com (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:47:28 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:47 UTC

pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote in

> On 2024-04-19, Horace Morris <hmorris@spectrum.net> wrote:
>> After California’s $20 fast food minimum wage increase took effect,
>> many restaurant owners felt the pressure immediately. Many smaller
>> chains cannot meet the wage requirements and still make a profit.
>>
>> One fast food chain left its employees in disbelief when they arrived
>> at work on Monday morning to discover that they no longer had a job.
>>
>> To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
>> intelligent enough at all to vote.
>>
>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-fast-food-wage-
>> increase-backfires-as-restaurants-close-or-cut-hours/ss-AA1ngAwa
>
> Of course it's failing. A first year high school economics student
> could have predicted this. It's just more of Joe Biden and the
> Democrats plan to destroy the USA.

Republicans: Workers need to save their
money to buy the things they want.

Also Republicans: We need to keep wages
so low that minimum wage workers cannot
save any money.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240419123346.0f20c225@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17541&group=alt.food.fast-food#17541

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:33:46 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:33 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:47:28 +0000
Mitchell Holman <dalmationstation@aol.com> wrote:

> Republicans: Workers need to save their
> money to buy the things they want.

Biden Demotards, fuck you plebes:

https://www.biden-mart.com/

Boneless chicken thighs:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$2.00

PERCENT
INCREASE

91.00 %

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$3.82

SOURCE: USDA DATA, JANUARY 2021 AND JANUARY 2024​​

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240419123516.034d86ae@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17542&group=alt.food.fast-food#17542

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 12:35:16 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:35 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:47:28 +0000
Mitchell Holman <dalmationstation@aol.com> wrote:

> Also Republicans: We need to keep wages
> so low that minimum wage workers cannot
> save any money.
To buy Biden-flated apples:

https://www.biden-mart.com/

Apples:

YOUR BILL
UNDER TRUMP

$1.89

YOUR BILL
UNDER BIDEN

$3.99

PERCENT
INCREASE

111.11 %

SOURCE: USDA DATA, JANUARY 2021 AND JANUARY 2024

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<v8m52j57jg5vfjubs4rotgq9fbf03kuomf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17543&group=alt.food.fast-food#17543

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:52:32 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:52 UTC

On 18 Apr 2024 23:54:11 -0500, Horace Morris <hmorris@spectrum.net> wrote:

>To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
>intelligent enough at all to vote.

And you would know this, how, exactly?

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<adm52jh3lpdfbrkelm8vkrdupt77iinfje@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17544&group=alt.food.fast-food#17544

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:53:59 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:53 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:55:34 -0000 (UTC), pothead <pothead@snakebite.com> wrote:

>On 2024-04-19, Horace Morris <hmorris@spectrum.net> wrote:
>> After California’s $20 fast food minimum wage increase took effect, many
>> restaurant owners felt the pressure immediately. Many smaller chains
>> cannot meet the wage requirements and still make a profit.
>>
>> One fast food chain left its employees in disbelief when they arrived at
>> work on Monday morning to discover that they no longer had a job.
>>
>> To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
>> intelligent enough at all to vote.

And your evidence for this is ... ?

>> https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-fast-food-wage-increase-backfires-as-restaurants-close-or-cut-hours/ss-AA1ngAwa
>
>Of course it's failing. A first year high school economics student could have predicted this.
>It's just more of Joe Biden and the Democrats plan to destroy the USA.

A company that saw this coming and still chose to shut down was ready to go already.

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<uvunqe$372ql$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17546&group=alt.food.fast-food#17546

Followup: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business
From: privatemail@protonmail.com (Paul Szypula)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:30:54 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul Szypula - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:30 UTC

> Republicans: Workers need to save their
>money to buy the things they want.
>
> Also Republicans: We need to keep wages
>so low that minimum wage workers cannot
>save any money.

I've never met or seen a Republican from the deep south who was worth more
than $6 a day. It's good they live in red state squalour because they
can't afford better.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240419154821.039a3ae4@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17547&group=alt.food.fast-food#17547

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:48:21 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:48 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:30:54 -0000 (UTC)
Paul Szypula <privatemail@protonmail.com> wrote:

> > Republicans: Workers need to save their
> >money to buy the things they want.
> >
> > Also Republicans: We need to keep wages
> >so low that minimum wage workers cannot
> >save any money.
> >

> I've never met or seen a Republican from the deep south who was worth
> more than $6 a day.

NASCAR not your jam?

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240419155149.150ba5f8@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17548&group=alt.food.fast-food#17548

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:51:49 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:51 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:53:59 -0400
Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com> wrote:

> shut down
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Poor Phil Hendry/tRudy Canoza, he wanted all the notoriety the late Art
Bell had in the fringe radio market, but everyone hated him for his
manipulative voice-overs of characters that existed only in his
tortured mind.

In essence tRudy used Phil's functional mental illness as a proxy for
his own decrepit schizophrenia and MPD.

Bit of a case of life imitating art, this one is...

Well sheeitburgers from Suckramento...here he goes again!

It's another tRudy sock up:

From: Clarence Callahan <doooood@jeanerette.la>

From: Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot>

From: Wayne Autrey <another.loser@terrells.pals>

From: Eunice Wunderlich <some_whore@starkville.cemetery.con>

From: Don Shepler <wieber.associate@shitbags.united>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Fred J McCall <fjmc_call@gmail.com>

From: "Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>

From: Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.corn>

From: OrigInfoJunkie <bondrock@att.net>

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>

From: "Mr. B1ack" <bykkker@dogshit~rag.nut>

From: Lou Bricano <lb@cap.con>

From: Rudy Canoza <rc.@hendrie.con>

Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut>

Now tRudy, can you fire up your Gunner Asch sock too?

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240419155202.457cafd1@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17549&group=alt.food.fast-food#17549

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:52:02 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 21:52 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:52:32 -0400

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From: Clarence Callahan <doooood@jeanerette.la>

From: Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot>

From: Wayne Autrey <another.loser@terrells.pals>

From: Eunice Wunderlich <some_whore@starkville.cemetery.con>

From: Don Shepler <wieber.associate@shitbags.united>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Fred J McCall <fjmc_call@gmail.com>

From: "Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>

From: Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.corn>

From: OrigInfoJunkie <bondrock@att.net>

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>

From: "Mr. B1ack" <bykkker@dogshit~rag.nut>

From: Lou Bricano <lb@cap.con>

From: Rudy Canoza <rc.@hendrie.con>

Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut>

Now tRudy, can you fire up your Gunner Asch sock too?

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<tpd62jtolqmmu19icbl22rbd0un4m7fn5m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17554&group=alt.food.fast-food#17554

From: governor.swill@gmail.com (Governor Swill)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:35:38 -0400
 by: Governor Swill - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 03:35 UTC

On 18 Apr 2024 23:54:11 -0500, Horace Morris <hmorris@spectrum.net> wrote:

>After California’s $20 fast food minimum wage increase took effect, many
>restaurant owners felt the pressure immediately. Many smaller chains
>cannot meet the wage requirements and still make a profit.
>
>One fast food chain left its employees in disbelief when they arrived at
>work on Monday morning to discover that they no longer had a job.
>
>To be fair, the ex-employees did vote Democratic, if they were
>intelligent enough at all to vote.
>
>https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/california-s-fast-food-wage-increase-backfires-as-restaurants-close-or-cut-hours/ss-AA1ngAwa

I did some more research and it turns out it was just ONE STORE that closed, asshole.

Swill
--
Conservative thinking only predicts the past. - R Kym Horsell

https://www.gocomics.com/mattdavies/2024/04/01

https://www.forwardparty.com/ . .

Heroyam slava! Glory to the Heroes!

Sláva Ukrajíni! Glory to Ukraine!

Putin tse prezervatyv! Putin is a condom!

Go here to donate to Ukrainian relief.

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240420115029.2d17765c@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17561&group=alt.food.fast-food#17561

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 11:50:29 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 17:50 UTC

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 23:35:38 -0400

From: Clarence Callahan <doooood@jeanerette.la>

From: Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot>

From: Wayne Autrey <another.loser@terrells.pals>

From: Eunice Wunderlich <some_whore@starkville.cemetery.con>

From: Don Shepler <wieber.associate@shitbags.united>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Fred J McCall <fjmc_call@gmail.com>

From: "Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>

From: Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.corn>

From: OrigInfoJunkie <bondrock@att.net>

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>

From: "Mr. B1ack" <bykkker@dogshit~rag.nut>

From: Lou Bricano <lb@cap.con>

From: Rudy Canoza <rc.@hendrie.con>

Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut>

Now tRudy, can you fire up your Gunner Asch sock too?

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<20240420121643.76b1ee76@234567aaa>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17562&group=alt.food.fast-food#17562

From: suck@ra.mentos (Lil-man-ball)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,sac.politics
Restaurants Close or Cut Hours
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 12:16:43 -0600
 by: Lil-man-ball - Sat, 20 Apr 2024 18:16 UTC

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

From: Clarence Callahan <doooood@jeanerette.la>

From: Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot>

From: Wayne Autrey <another.loser@terrells.pals>

From: Eunice Wunderlich <some_whore@starkville.cemetery.con>

From: Don Shepler <wieber.associate@shitbags.united>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Fred J McCall <fjmc_call@gmail.com>

From: "Fred C. Dobbs" <treasure@sierramadre.con>

From: "T. Howard Pines, Jr." <al.lohman@kfi.com>

From: Mike Colangelo <air@vatican_.con>

From: Max Boot <max.boot@lathymes.com>

From: NoBody <NoBody@nowhere.corn>

From: OrigInfoJunkie <bondrock@att.net>

From: Governor Swill <governor.swill@gmail.com>

From: "Mr. B1ack" <bykkker@dogshit~rag.nut>

From: Lou Bricano <lb@cap.con>

From: Rudy Canoza <rc.@hendrie.con>

Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut>

Now tRudy, can you fire up your Gunner Asch sock too?

Re: California's Left-wing Fast Food Wage Increase Backfires As Restaurants Close or Cut Hours

<v05jkm$ug7n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17584&group=alt.food.fast-food#17584

From: me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: talk.politics.guns,alt.food.fast-food,alt.business
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 07:39:09 -0400
 by: Scout - Mon, 22 Apr 2024 11:39 UTC

"Paul Szypula" <privatemail@protonmail.com> wrote in message

>> Republicans: Workers need to save their
>>money to buy the things they want.
>>
>> Also Republicans: We need to keep wages
>>so low that minimum wage workers cannot
>>save any money.
>>

> I've never met or seen a Republican from the deep south who was worth more
> than $6 a day. It's good they live in red state squalour because they
> can't afford better.

Yea....

Washington, DC 72.5
New York 52.7