From: dannyb@panix.com (danny burstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: "the wings of the aircraft became detached from the fuselage"
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 01:13:19 +0000
 by: danny burstein - Wed, 31 May 2023 01:13 UTC

Kind of dificult to keep flying after that...

[ny post]

Accused "serial sperm donor" doctor Morris Wortman
dies in upstate NY plane crash

A prominent New York fertility doctor accused of secretly impregnating his
patients was killed when the experimental hand-made airplane he was flying in
fell apart mid-air over an upstate county.

Dr. Morris Wortman, 72, was a passenger in the plane when it went down Sunday
in a pasture in Orleans County, killing him and pilot Earl Luce Jr.,
authorities said.

"The preliminary investigation indicates that the wings of the aircraft became
detached from the fuselage and fell to the ground landing in an orchard,"
Orleans County Sheriff Christopher Bourke said in a press release.
=======
rest:
https://nypost.com/2023/05/30/accused-serial-sperm-donor-dr-morris-wortman-dies-in-ny-plane-crash/

- don't go cheap on the adhesives...

dannyb@panix.com

Re: "the wings of the aircraft became detached from the fuselage"

<a3016dae-649c-4d27-b62e-f6f8f72456e7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17813&group=alt.obituaries#17813

Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 19:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: raultenniswarehouse@gmail.com (Raul TW)
 by: Raul TW - Wed, 31 May 2023 02:59 UTC

On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 6:13:24 PM UTC-7, danny burstein wrote:

> A prominent New York fertility doctor accused of secretly impregnating his
> patients was killed when the experimental hand-made airplane he was flying in
> fell apart mid-air over an upstate county.

Did not know you could hand-build your own plane that meets FAA standards.
But it says "experimental" so maybe the plane was flying illegally.

Re: "the wings of the aircraft became detached from the fuselage"

<300520232331554084%nope@noway.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17814&group=alt.obituaries#17814

From: nope@noway.com (A Friend)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 23:31:55 -0400
 by: A Friend - Wed, 31 May 2023 03:31 UTC

In article <a3016dae-649c-4d27-b62e-f6f8f72456e7n@googlegroups.com>,
Raul TW <raultenniswarehouse@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 6:13:24?PM UTC-7, danny burstein wrote:
>
> > A prominent New York fertility doctor accused of secretly impregnating his
> > patients was killed when the experimental hand-made airplane he was flying
> > in
> > fell apart mid-air over an upstate county.
> >

> Did not know you could hand-build your own plane that meets FAA standards.
> But it says "experimental" so maybe the plane was flying illegally.

As fertility doctors often say, this is what happens when you skimp on
the screws.

Re: "the wings of the aircraft became detached from the fuselage"

<MPG.3ee5d57f729249e0989692@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17863&group=alt.obituaries#17863

From: dave@compassnet.com (Dave Garrett)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 23:56:39 -0500
 by: Dave Garrett - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 04:56 UTC

In article <a3016dae-649c-4d27-b62e-f6f8f72456e7n@googlegroups.com>,
raultenniswarehouse@gmail.com says...

> On Tuesday, May 30, 2023 at 6:13:24?PM UTC-7, danny burstein wrote:
>
> > A prominent New York fertility doctor accused of secretly impregnating his
> > patients was killed when the experimental hand-made airplane he was flying in
> > fell apart mid-air over an upstate county.
> >

> Did not know you could hand-build your own plane that meets FAA standards.
> But it says "experimental" so maybe the plane was flying illegally.

"Experimental" is the FAA designation for amateur/homebuilt aircraft
(among other things).

https://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/airworthiness_certification/sp_awc
ert/experiment

https://tinyurl.com/2p4ndfh8

--
Dave

interests / alt.obituaries / "the wings of the aircraft became detached from the fuselage"