From: le@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Subject: Roger Sprung 1930-2023
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 01:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 01:56 UTC

The Wikipedes cite an August 2,2023 New York Times obituary
reporting the July 22nd,2023 death of Roger Sprung,born
August 29th 1930.

Best known as a banjoist,he was a friend of my father(1931-2015)
since they served together in the Army at Fort Dix during the
Korean War (in which neither was sent to serve).

I recall a number of his parties since he moved to Newtown,
Connecticut over 50 years ago (I believe that August 15th 1970
was the date of the one at which,in defiance of the advertising
slogan,I made a point of eating ONE Lay's potato chip).
These were discontinued after his second wife Nancy decided
not to keep hosting them.

He in turn visited my family a number of times though not
for many years.

I was only allowed to read an early portion of the NYT
obituary before the pay/registration wall kicked in.

-=-=-

Re: Roger Sprung 1930-2023

<uahnbb$gbc$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18656&group=alt.obituaries#18656

From: le@main.lekno.ws (Louis Epstein)
Newsgroups: alt.obituaries
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 01:56:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Louis Epstein - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 02:21 UTC

Louis Epstein <le@main.lekno.ws> wrote:
> The Wikipedes cite an August 2,2023 New York Times obituary
> reporting the July 22nd,2023 death of Roger Sprung,born
> August 29th 1930.
>
> Best known as a banjoist,he was a friend of my father(1931-2015)
> since they served together in the Army at Fort Dix during the
> Korean War (in which neither was sent to serve).
>
> I recall a number of his parties since he moved to Newtown,
> Connecticut over 50 years ago (I believe that August 15th 1970
> was the date of the one at which,in defiance of the advertising
> slogan,I made a point of eating ONE Lay's potato chip).
> These were discontinued after his second wife Nancy decided
> not to keep hosting them.
>
> He in turn visited my family a number of times though not
> for many years.
>
> I was only allowed to read an early portion of the NYT
> obituary before the pay/registration wall kicked in.

(And it apparently wasn't in the print editions at my local
public library).
> -=-=-
> The World Trade Center towers MUST rise again,
> at least as tall as before...or terror has triumphed.

interests / alt.obituaries / Roger Sprung 1930-2023