From: yourdime@outlook.com (useapen)
Newsgroups: misc.legal,alt.education,alt.business,alt.politics.democrats,talk.politics.guns,alt.society.liberalism
Subject: CEO defends sharing list of Harvard students who signed pro-Palestine letter: They must 'pay the price'
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:24:45 -0000 (UTC)
 by: useapen - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:24 UTC

After his LinkedIn account was allegedly suspended for criticizing pro-
Palestine Harvard students, EasyHealth CEO David Duel explained why this
conflict is personal to him, and doubled down on Bill Ackman�s calls not
to hire those Ivy League candidates.

"I'm not surprised my account was taken down for sharing a list of
students who were advocating for the death and destruction of the Jewish
people," Duel said on "Cavuto: Live" Saturday. "We're not talking about
arguments over a two-state solution or political divisions of land. We're
talking about Hamas. We're talking about terrorism, whose own charter
calls for the extermination of the Jews."

"I think the hypocrisy and lack of moral clarity on campuses and with
administration is conscious or subconscious antisemitism," he expanded.
"And we need to make sure these students pay a price and that their
neighbors, friends and employers know that they harbor these beliefs."

LinkedIn did not respond to FOX News Digital's request for comment.

Duel was one of many U.S.-based CEOs to back billionaire hedge fund
manager Ackman�s argument to release the names of students who signed a
Harvard letter blaming Hamas� terror attacks solely on Israel.

"I have been asked by a number of CEOs if Harvard would release a list of
the members of each of the organizations that have issued the letter
assigning sole responsibility for Hamas� heinous acts to Israel, so as to
insure [ensure] that none of us inadvertently hire any of their members,"
Ackman wrote last Tuesday in a post on X, formerly Twitter.

Following the controversy created by the letter, the groups that signed on
to the version circulated on Sunday removed the names of their groups from
the letter.

A version of the letter published on Google Docs said, "This statement was
co-authored by a coalition of Palestine solidarity groups at Harvard. For
student safety, the names of all original signing organizations have been
concealed at this time."

Duel shared context Saturday on why it�s important to release the
students� names.

"My family fled their homeland of Iran for over 2,000 years due to the
Islamic Revolution in 1979. The Persian-Jewish community had to flee
overnight, a once unimaginable situation," the CEO explained. "And as a
result of my family's experience, I don't take my freedoms and securities
for granted."

"Our campuses are supposedly bastions of free speech, but are truly
domains of preferred speech at best," he continued. "I think you and I
know very well that in the wake of George Floyd, if white nationalists
decided to hold a rally at UCLA or Harvard, it would never be allowed. Yet
these same elite institutions are allowing and often encouraging calls of
protests for the slaughter and genocide of the Jewish people."

Noting these are "the same people" who have vocally demanded safe spaces
from other cultural issues like misgendering, Duel also argued that the
students shouldn�t forever "be judged by the worst decision they made in
their life."

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/ceo-defends-list-harvard-students-
signed-pro-palestine-letter-pay-price