Many hands make light work. -- John Heywood

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

SubjectAuthor
* Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerTechnobarbarian
+* Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beersticks
|`* Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerbfh
| `* Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerTechnobarbarian
|  +* Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerbfh
|  |+- Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerTechnobarbarian
|  |`- Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerGeorge Anthony
|  `- Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerGeorge Anthony
+- Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerbfh
`- Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beerGeorge Anthony

1
Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<b18088d0-e8a2-4ee8-a84c-5274947dc1b8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19146&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19146

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 18:13:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 23 May 2023 01:13 UTC

"Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan Mulvaney

Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing pitch

Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their expiration date

Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and country music"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html

TB

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<u4h6an$2afp7$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19150&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19150

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 20:53:27 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 23 May 2023 01:53 UTC

On 5/22/2023 8:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan Mulvaney
>
> Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing pitch
>
> Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their expiration date
>
> Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and country music"
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html

I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you said
they did?

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<ZFVaM.369831$qjm2.97018@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19154&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19154

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 22:37:45 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 23 May 2023 02:37 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> "Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that
> sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan
> Mulvaney
>
> Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last
> year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing
> pitch
>
> Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers
> that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past
> their expiration date
>
> Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for
> veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and
> country music"
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html

Looks like they finally realized they kicked themselves in the ball$ -
or te$ticle$ if you're sensitive. Or $crotum. In any case, it's the $
that's important. Too bad woke doesn't have a $ in it. But ole Al
$harpton doesn't have to worry about that. Nor does Black Live$ Matter.

--
bill

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<sHVaM.369832$qjm2.253873@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19155&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19155

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 22:39:19 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 23 May 2023 02:39 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 5/22/2023 8:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
>> "Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that
>> sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan
>> Mulvaney
>>
>> Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last
>> year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing pitch
>>
>> Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers that
>> it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their
>> expiration date
>>
>> Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for
>> veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and
>> country music"
>>
>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html
>>

> I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
> said they did?

Patience. He'll find a way out.

--
bill

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<529c49b7-032e-4d87-9ae1-bf23f5b3893fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19157&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19157

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 20:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 23 May 2023 03:37 UTC

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 7:39:23 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
> > On 5/22/2023 8:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> >> "Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that
> >> sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan
> >> Mulvaney
> >>
> >> Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last
> >> year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing pitch
> >>
> >> Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers that
> >> it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their
> >> expiration date
> >>
> >> Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for
> >> veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and
> >> country music"
> >>
> >> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html
> >>

> > I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
> > said they did?
> >
> Patience. He'll find a way out.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
How many times so I have to say I made a mistake before it registers with you idiots? I have been over this at least 6 times so far. I'm at the point where even the Wall Street Journal agrees with me. They're saying exactly the same thing I said on April 27th..

"How Bud Light Blew It
With one blunder after another, the brewing giant behind the brand became a case study in how not to handle a culture-war storm"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bud-light-boycott-sales-dylan-mulvaney-6c23bb86

"Budweiser Blew IT
Subscribe
Technobarbarian's profile photo
Technobarbarian
Apr 27, 2023, 3:40:43 PM

So, OK, once again I was not completely correct. I still think I'm well over 50% right. Apparently the marketing department did what they were told to do, which surprised their bosses. If Budweiser had done the right thing and clearly opposed bigotry they would have easily gained more customers than they lost. Instead they produced and ambiguous "apology" that didn't satisfy anyone. Until they make up their mind I'm less inclined to buy their yeast piss than I was before. Instead of gaining customers they're losing customers from both sides of the culture war.

There are some numbers in this article that support my main point. Which is that so called "conservatives" are fighting a battle they already lost. As they always have, the times are changing.

"Bud Light fumbles, but experts say inclusive ads will stay"

"Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney angered some customers and hurt sales, while the brand’s lack of support for the influencer infuriated the very people it was trying to reach."

"But others — including Heinerscheid herself — say reaching out to younger and more diverse consumers is crucial. According to a 2021 Gallup poll, 21% of people in Generation Z identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, compared to 3% of Baby Boomers. Gallup has also found that younger consumers are the most likely to want brands to promote diversity and take a stand on social issues."

https://apnews.com/article/bud-light-transgender-dylan-mulvaney-nike-2fe1425ba09a3f0e271fda0ae4b67434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_10"

TB

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<kZWaM.3439244$vBI8.2588806@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19158&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19158

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 00:06:40 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 23 May 2023 04:06 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 7:39:23 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
>>> said they did?
>>>
>> Patience. He'll find a way out. -- bill Theory don't mean squat
>> if it don't work.
>
> How many times so I have to say I made a mistake before it
> registers with you idiots? I have been over this at least 6 times
> so far. I'm at the point where even the Wall Street Journal agrees
> with me. They're saying exactly the same thing I said on April
> 27th..
>
> "How Bud Light Blew It With one blunder after another, the brewing
> giant behind the brand became a case study in how not to handle a
> culture-war storm"
>
> https://www.wsj.com/articles/bud-light-boycott-sales-dylan-mulvaney-6c23bb86
>
> "Budweiser Blew IT 5 views Subscribe Technobarbarian's profile
> photo Technobarbarian Apr 27, 2023, 3:40:43 PM to
>
> So, OK, once again I was not completely correct. I still think I'm
> well over 50% right. Apparently the marketing department did what
> they were told to do, which surprised their bosses. If Budweiser
> had done the right thing and clearly opposed bigotry they would
> have easily gained more customers than they lost. Instead they
> produced and ambiguous "apology" that didn't satisfy anyone. Until
> they make up their mind I'm less inclined to buy their yeast piss
> than I was before. Instead of gaining customers they're losing
> customers from both sides of the culture war.
>
> There are some numbers in this article that support my main point.
> Which is that so called "conservatives" are fighting a battle they
> already lost. As they always have, the times are changing.
>
> "Bud Light fumbles, but experts say inclusive ads will stay"
>
> "Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney angered some customers and
> hurt sales, while the brand’s lack of support for the influencer
> infuriated the very people it was trying to reach."
>
> "But others — including Heinerscheid herself — say reaching out
> to younger and more diverse consumers is crucial. According to a
> 2021 Gallup poll, 21% of people in Generation Z identify as
> lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, compared to 3% of Baby
> Boomers. Gallup has also found that younger consumers are the most
> likely to want brands to promote diversity and take a stand on
> social issues."
>
> https://apnews.com/article/bud-light-transgender-dylan-mulvaney-nike-2fe1425ba09a3f0e271fda0ae4b67434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_10"

(social media) "influencer" is fast becoming my most disappointing
concept. That so many people can actually be influenced - in the sense
of "to cause someone to change a behavior, belief, or opinion" - by
these babbling airheads is almost scary.

--
bill

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<58bd4156-fcec-4978-a703-c041ee571223n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19159&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19159

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 21:45:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 23 May 2023 04:45 UTC

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 9:08:38 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
> >>>
> >> Patience. He'll find a way out. -- bill Theory don't mean squat
> >> if it don't work.
> >
> > How many times so I have to say I made a mistake before it
> > registers with you idiots? I have been over this at least 6 times
> > so far. I'm at the point where even the Wall Street Journal agrees
> > with me. They're saying exactly the same thing I said on April
> > 27th..
> >
> > "How Bud Light Blew It With one blunder after another, the brewing
> > giant behind the brand became a case study in how not to handle a
> > culture-war storm"
> >
> > https://www.wsj.com/articles/bud-light-boycott-sales-dylan-mulvaney-6c23bb86
> >
> > "Budweiser Blew IT 5 views Subscribe Technobarbarian's profile
> > photo Technobarbarian Apr 27, 2023, 3:40:43 PM to
> >
> > So, OK, once again I was not completely correct. I still think I'm
> > well over 50% right. Apparently the marketing department did what
> > they were told to do, which surprised their bosses. If Budweiser
> > had done the right thing and clearly opposed bigotry they would
> > have easily gained more customers than they lost. Instead they
> > produced and ambiguous "apology" that didn't satisfy anyone. Until
> > they make up their mind I'm less inclined to buy their yeast piss
> > than I was before. Instead of gaining customers they're losing
> > customers from both sides of the culture war.
> >
> > There are some numbers in this article that support my main point.
> > Which is that so called "conservatives" are fighting a battle they
> > already lost. As they always have, the times are changing.
> >
> > "Bud Light fumbles, but experts say inclusive ads will stay"
> >
> > "Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney angered some customers and
> > hurt sales, while the brand’s lack of support for the influencer
> > infuriated the very people it was trying to reach."
> >
> > "But others — including Heinerscheid herself — say reaching out
> > to younger and more diverse consumers is crucial. According to a
> > 2021 Gallup poll, 21% of people in Generation Z identify as
> > lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, compared to 3% of Baby
> > Boomers. Gallup has also found that younger consumers are the most
> > likely to want brands to promote diversity and take a stand on
> > social issues."
> >
> > https://apnews.com/article/bud-light-transgender-dylan-mulvaney-nike-2fe1425ba09a3f0e271fda0ae4b67434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_10"
> (social media) "influencer" is fast becoming my most disappointing
> concept. That so many people can actually be influenced - in the sense
> of "to cause someone to change a behavior, belief, or opinion" - by
> these babbling airheads is almost scary.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

Almost scary? One of the most skillful people in the social influencer business is #45. Elon Musk is easily in the top 10. DeSaintless must be somewhere close to the top 10. Rupert Murdoc is probably still in the top 10 despite Fakes News' problems.

We are social animals. We come from a long line of social animals. Some people want to lead. Some people want to follow. And some people don't want anything to do with any of that. We place a high value on rugged individualism, but in the real world we are taught to conform so we can all be "normal" and be happy, productive citizens.

We also have a lot of people wandering around without a clue and no idea where they might find one. Those folks tend to be attracted to the latest shiny thing. There is a lot of money to be made from shearing the sheep.

TB

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<u4inab$2jtlq$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19165&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19165

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 10:49:31 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Tue, 23 May 2023 15:49 UTC

On 5/22/2023 8:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> "Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer that sat on shelves as consumers revolted over partnership with Dylan Mulvaney
>
> Bud Light sales have plunged 26 percent compared to this time last year amid backlash from its customers over the woke marketing pitch
>
> Now it's been revealed that the brewer has told its wholesalers that it will buy back unsold cases of beer that have gone past their expiration date
>
> Bud Light also plans to overhaul its branding with support for veterans, and focusing ads on all-American themes like football and country music"
>
> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12108927/Bud-Light-set-buy-unsold-cases-sitting-shelves-Dylan-Mulvaney-controversy.html
>
> TB

Promoting wokism among the non-woke is disastrous. Putting Mulvaney's
picture on a bottle of Chablis is another story.
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<u4infs$2jtlq$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19166&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19166

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 10:52:27 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Tue, 23 May 2023 15:52 UTC

On 5/22/2023 10:37 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 7:39:23 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> sticks wrote:

>>> I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
>>> said they did?
>>>
>> Patience. He'll find a way out.
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> How many times so I have to say I made a mistake before it registers with you idiots? I have been over this at least 6 times so far. I'm at the point where even the Wall Street Journal agrees with me. They're saying exactly the same thing I said on April 27th..

A bit pompous of you don't you think? At best it's you agreeing with the
WSJ.

--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: Bud Light is ready to buy back unsold cases of expired beer

<u4inlh$2jtlq$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19167&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19167

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 10:55:29 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Tue, 23 May 2023 15:55 UTC

On 5/22/2023 11:06 PM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> I guess they didn't have this one figured out quite as good as you
>>>>
>>> Patience. He'll find a way out. -- bill Theory don't mean squat
>>> if it don't work.
>>
>> How many times so I have to say I made a mistake before it
>> registers with you idiots? I have been over this at least 6 times
>> so far. I'm at the point where even the Wall Street Journal agrees
>> with me. They're saying exactly the same thing I said on April
>> 27th..
>>
>> "How Bud Light Blew It With one blunder after another, the brewing
>> giant behind the brand became a case study in how not to handle a
>> culture-war storm"
>>
>> https://www.wsj.com/articles/bud-light-boycott-sales-dylan-mulvaney-6c23bb86
>>
>>  "Budweiser Blew IT 5 views Subscribe Technobarbarian's profile
>> photo Technobarbarian Apr 27, 2023, 3:40:43 PM to
>>
>> So, OK, once again I was not completely correct. I still think I'm
>> well over 50% right. Apparently the marketing department did what
>> they were told to do, which surprised their bosses. If Budweiser
>> had done the right thing and clearly opposed bigotry they would
>> have easily gained more customers than they lost. Instead they
>> produced and ambiguous "apology" that didn't satisfy anyone. Until
>> they make up their mind I'm less inclined to buy their yeast piss
>> than I was before. Instead of gaining customers they're losing
>> customers from both sides of the culture war.
>>
>> There are some numbers in this article that support my main point.
>> Which is that so called "conservatives" are fighting a battle they
>> already lost. As they always have, the times are changing.
>>
>> "Bud Light fumbles, but experts say inclusive ads will stay"
>>
>> "Bud Light’s partnership with Mulvaney angered some customers and
>> hurt sales, while the brand’s lack of support for the influencer
>> infuriated the very people it was trying to reach."
>>
>> "But others — including Heinerscheid herself — say reaching out
>> to younger and more diverse consumers is crucial. According to a
>> 2021 Gallup poll, 21% of people in Generation Z identify as
>> lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, compared to 3% of Baby
>> Boomers. Gallup has also found that younger consumers are the most
>> likely to want brands to promote diversity and take a stand on
>> social issues."
>>
>> https://apnews.com/article/bud-light-transgender-dylan-mulvaney-nike-2fe1425ba09a3f0e271fda0ae4b67434?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_10"
>
> (social media) "influencer" is fast becoming my most disappointing
> concept. That so many people can actually be influenced - in the sense
> of "to cause someone to change a behavior, belief, or opinion" - by
> these babbling airheads is almost scary.

It's easy when your audience is babbling air heads. We live in a star
struck society... even internet "influencer" stars are fawned over by
the woke robots.