We are governed not by armies and police but by ideas. -- Mona Caird, 1892

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long

SubjectAuthor
* Nobody imagined it would go on this longTechnobarbarian
`* Nobody imagined it would go on this longbfh
 `* Nobody imagined it would go on this longTechnobarbarian
  +- Nobody imagined it would go on this longbfh
  `- Nobody imagined it would go on this longGeorge Anthony

1
Nobody imagined it would go on this long

<17092b03-c190-4507-b63c-500c3e527891n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19177&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19177

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 15:58:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Nobody imagined it would go on this long
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 23 May 2023 22:58 UTC

"'Nobody imagined it would go on this long': Bud Light sales continue to plummet over Mulvaney backlash

The controversy, now nearing its third month, has turned off a broader customer group than just those who characterize themselves as conservatives."

"According to data cited by the beverage industry trade publication Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for the week ending May 13 sank 28..4%, extending a downward trend from the 27.7% decline seen the week before.."

"AB InBev had previously partnered with the LGBTQ+ community, and had also worked with Mulvaney on another campaign, Schuhmacher said."

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/bud-light-sales-falling-amid-mulvaney-backlash-no-end-in-sight-rcna85832

AB tried to downplay it by claiming this was just one influencer and it really wasn't an ad campaign. I thought they had no choice but to stick with Mulvaney. This would have reduced the damage. They managed the neat trick of pissing off both sides of the culture war. Now those poor fools are sitting there with Pride month coming up and no good options. I think it's pretty damn funny. And you can quote that opinion. LOL

TB

Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long

<QmcbM.3277370$iU59.2751677@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19180&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19180

Subject: Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 19:54:23 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 23 May 2023 23:54 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> "'Nobody imagined it would go on this long': Bud Light sales
> continue to plummet over Mulvaney backlash
>
> The controversy, now nearing its third month, has turned off a
> broader customer group than just those who characterize themselves
> as conservatives."
>
> "According to data cited by the beverage industry trade publication
> Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for the week ending
> May 13 sank 28.4%, extending a downward trend from the 27.7%
> decline seen the week before."
>
> "AB InBev had previously partnered with the LGBTQ+ community, and
> had also worked with Mulvaney on another campaign, Schuhmacher
> said."
>
> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/bud-light-sales-falling-amid-mulvaney-backlash-no-end-in-sight-rcna85832
>
> AB tried to downplay it by claiming this was just one influencer
> and it really wasn't an ad campaign. I thought they had no choice
> but to stick with Mulvaney. This would have reduced the damage.
> They managed the neat trick of pissing off both sides of the
> culture war. Now those poor fools are sitting there with Pride
> month coming up and no good options. I think it's pretty damn
> funny. And you can quote that opinion. LOL

HawHawHaw! That's a pretty pathetic attempt at trying to dance your
way out of your original opinion. At the end of the day going forward,
you're literally a real hoot, TB.

--
bill

Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long

<8dafd517-0ae0-4f37-b030-f62213b21ba0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19196&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19196

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 05:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Thu, 25 May 2023 12:33 UTC

On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 4:54:27 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
> > "'Nobody imagined it would go on this long': Bud Light sales
> > continue to plummet over Mulvaney backlash
> >
> > The controversy, now nearing its third month, has turned off a
> > broader customer group than just those who characterize themselves
> > as conservatives."
> >
> > "According to data cited by the beverage industry trade publication
> > Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for the week ending
> > May 13 sank 28.4%, extending a downward trend from the 27.7%
> > decline seen the week before."
> >
> > "AB InBev had previously partnered with the LGBTQ+ community, and
> > had also worked with Mulvaney on another campaign, Schuhmacher
> > said."
> >
> > https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/bud-light-sales-falling-amid-mulvaney-backlash-no-end-in-sight-rcna85832
> >
> > AB tried to downplay it by claiming this was just one influencer
> > and it really wasn't an ad campaign. I thought they had no choice
> > but to stick with Mulvaney. This would have reduced the damage.
> > They managed the neat trick of pissing off both sides of the
> > culture war. Now those poor fools are sitting there with Pride
> > month coming up and no good options. I think it's pretty damn
> > funny. And you can quote that opinion. LOL
> HawHawHaw! That's a pretty pathetic attempt at trying to dance your
> way out of your original opinion. At the end of the day going forward,
> you're literally a real hoot, TB.
>

> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

It must be nice to never be wrong. I don't know what that's like. I'm just another dweeb with a keyboard. I make mistakes all the time--and admit it. When I do that I usually recalibrate, make adjustments and move on. You obviously don't know anything about this because you are never wrong.

TB

Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long

<1bMbM.3635398$vBI8.2142947@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19199&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19199

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:39:24 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 25 May 2023 16:39 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 4:54:27 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> "'Nobody imagined it would go on this long': Bud Light sales
>>> continue to plummet over Mulvaney backlash
>>>
>>> The controversy, now nearing its third month, has turned off a
>>> broader customer group than just those who characterize
>>> themselves as conservatives."
>>>
>>> "According to data cited by the beverage industry trade
>>> publication Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for
>>> the week ending May 13 sank 28.4%, extending a downward trend
>>> from the 27.7% decline seen the week before."
>>>
>>> "AB InBev had previously partnered with the LGBTQ+ community,
>>> and had also worked with Mulvaney on another campaign,
>>> Schuhmacher said."
>>>
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/bud-light-sales-falling-amid-mulvaney-backlash-no-end-in-sight-rcna85832

AB tried to downplay it by claiming this was just one influencer
>>> and it really wasn't an ad campaign. I thought they had no
>>> choice but to stick with Mulvaney. This would have reduced the
>>> damage. They managed the neat trick of pissing off both sides
>>> of the culture war. Now those poor fools are sitting there with
>>> Pride month coming up and no good options. I think it's pretty
>>> damn funny. And you can quote that opinion. LOL
>> HawHawHaw! That's a pretty pathetic attempt at trying to dance
>> your way out of your original opinion. At the end of the day
>> going forward, you're literally a real hoot, TB.
>>

>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> It must be nice to never be wrong. I don't know what that's like.
> I'm just another dweeb with a keyboard. I make mistakes all the
> time--and admit it. When I do that I usually recalibrate, make
> adjustments and move on. You obviously don't know anything about
> this because you are never wrong.

damn. Thanks. At the end of the day going forward, of all the things
that could be put on the table in the entirety of the passage of time,
literally the last thing I expected from you was a recognition of my
efficaciousness. Your compliment is going to be a big help in
overcoming the precipitous drop in the metric of my self-esteem that I
experienced after tripping over a white line in the Walmart parking lot.

--
bill

Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long

<u4o4gk$3jevg$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19201&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19201

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:05:24 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Thu, 25 May 2023 17:05 UTC

On 5/25/2023 7:33 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 4:54:27 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> "'Nobody imagined it would go on this long': Bud Light sales
>>> continue to plummet over Mulvaney backlash
>>>
>>> The controversy, now nearing its third month, has turned off a
>>> broader customer group than just those who characterize themselves
>>> as conservatives."
>>>
>>> "According to data cited by the beverage industry trade publication
>>> Beer Business Daily, sales volumes of Bud Light for the week ending
>>> May 13 sank 28.4%, extending a downward trend from the 27.7%
>>> decline seen the week before."
>>>
>>> "AB InBev had previously partnered with the LGBTQ+ community, and
>>> had also worked with Mulvaney on another campaign, Schuhmacher
>>> said."
>>>
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/business/consumer/bud-light-sales-falling-amid-mulvaney-backlash-no-end-in-sight-rcna85832
>>>
>>> AB tried to downplay it by claiming this was just one influencer
>>> and it really wasn't an ad campaign. I thought they had no choice
>>> but to stick with Mulvaney. This would have reduced the damage.
>>> They managed the neat trick of pissing off both sides of the
>>> culture war. Now those poor fools are sitting there with Pride
>>> month coming up and no good options. I think it's pretty damn
>>> funny. And you can quote that opinion. LOL
>> HawHawHaw! That's a pretty pathetic attempt at trying to dance your
>> way out of your original opinion. At the end of the day going forward,
>> you're literally a real hoot, TB.
>>

>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> It must be nice to never be wrong. I don't know what that's like.

Bwah Hah Hah! Stop! Please stop!

--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: Nobody imagined it would go on this long