Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 07:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Volkswagen brings VW bus back to North American market after 20 years
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 14:32 UTC

"FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen will start selling battery-powered versions of its VW bus in North America from 2024 onwards, the carmaker said on Friday, in what marks the reintroduction of the iconic model after a two-decade hiatus.

The introduction of the fully electric ID. Buzz will also include an extra-long version that can seat up to seven passengers and features a larger 85 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery to increase range."

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/volkswagen-brings-vw-bus-back-070844821.html

I hope they improved the suspension. I was never a fan of the original. I thought it combined a ridiculous 1930s technology engine with weak suspension. I had friends who liked them because they thought they were easy to work on. The problem was that they ended working on them all the time.

TB

Re: Volkswagen brings VW bus back to North American market after 20 years

<u5d8jv$389h2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19320&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19320

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: Volkswagen brings VW bus back to North American market after 20
years
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:24:15 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:24 UTC

On 6/2/2023 9:32 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> "FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen will start selling battery-powered versions of its VW bus in North America from 2024 onwards, the carmaker said on Friday, in what marks the reintroduction of the iconic model after a two-decade hiatus.
>
> The introduction of the fully electric ID. Buzz will also include an extra-long version that can seat up to seven passengers and features a larger 85 kilowatt hour (kWh) battery to increase range."
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/volkswagen-brings-vw-bus-back-070844821.html
>
> I hope they improved the suspension. I was never a fan of the original. I thought it combined a ridiculous 1930s technology engine with weak suspension. I had friends who liked them because they thought they were easy to work on. The problem was that they ended working on them all the time.
>
> TB

Volkswagons were an anomaly for Germans. Germans tend to over engineer
things. For a "peoples' car" this would have been cost prohibitive.
They are simple and cheaply made... at least the early models.

Kind of similar to today's RVs. Make them bullet proof and only Hunter
Biden could afford one.
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Volkswagen brings VW bus back to North American market after 20 years