Some people only open up to tell you that they're closed.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

SubjectAuthor
* OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
`* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldbfh
 +- OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
 `* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldfilm...@gmail.com
  +* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldbfh
  |`* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldfilm...@gmail.com
  | `* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldbfh
  |  `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldTechnobarbarian
  |   +- OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
  |   `* OT? - Same Old, Same Oldbfh
  |    `- OT? - Same Old, Same OldTechnobarbarian
  `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
   `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldTechnobarbarian
    `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
     `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldTechnobarbarian
      `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony
       `* OT? - Same Old, Same OldTechnobarbarian
        `- OT? - Same Old, Same OldGeorge Anthony

1
OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5avc9$2srea$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19305&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19305

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Same Old, Same Old
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 15:34:15 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 20:34 UTC

Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms. Sometimes
there are and sometimes there aren't.

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<RL7eM.664881$qjm2.299782@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19307&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19307

Subject: Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:06:56 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:06 UTC

George Anthony wrote:
> Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms.
> Sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.
>
> https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023

Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in that
list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this outrageous
racism in storm names, there should be. And for that matter, why did
they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally obviously populated by a
bunch of homophobes, and they should be held accountable.

Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.

--
bill

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5bjs4$32lmv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19311&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19311

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:24:02 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 02:24 UTC

On 6/1/2023 4:06 PM, bfh wrote:
> George Anthony wrote:
>> Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms.
>> Sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.
>>
>> https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023
> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege that
> there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in that list. If
> there aren't some protests pretty soon about this outrageous racism in
> storm names, there should be. And for that matter, why did they leave
> out a Q name? The WMO is literally obviously populated by a bunch of
> homophobes, and they should be held accountable.
>
> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.

There's already been a George so I'm covered there. I don't recall there
ever being an Anthony. However, to get some non-whitey naming, they
could go with L'Anthony, or how about a D'Bill, La'Donald or better yet,
La'TechnoBarbarian (AKA Flau-Ja' Dodger).

Maybe He of Many Monikers will chime in here. He has a million of 'em.

--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<099a9726-c127-4814-b279-1df5715f9048n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19312&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19312

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 20:15:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmbydon@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 03:15 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 2:07:00 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> George Anthony wrote:
> > Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms.
> > Sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.
> >
> > https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023
> >
> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
> that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in that
> list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this outrageous
> racism in storm names, there should be. And for that matter, why did
> they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally obviously populated by a
> bunch of homophobes, and they should be held accountable.
>
> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.
>
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill, black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with a name in the common usage....

Merriam Webster Jr.

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<ZBeeM.716733$5S78.52796@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19313&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19313

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 00:54:17 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 04:54 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 2:07:00 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> George Anthony wrote:
>>> Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms.
>>> Sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023

Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
>> that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in
>> that list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this
>> outrageous racism in storm names, there should be. And for that
>> matter, why did they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally
>> obviously populated by a bunch of homophobes, and they should be
>> held accountable.
>>
>> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.
>>
>> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's
> probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill,
> black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with
> a name in the common usage...

I allege that you have conflated that which was not intended to be
conflated - race and queer - just so that you could allege what you
alleged. How many Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Arabs, and/or East Indians
who are named Tammy or Nigel do you probably bet there are out there?
At the end of the day going forward, I bet there are damfew -
statistically speaking.

--
bill

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<06ba064d-96d1-4d46-936a-1afe976aec12n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19314&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19314

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 22:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: filmbydon@gmail.com (film...@gmail.com)
 by: film...@gmail.com - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 05:38 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 9:54:20 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:

> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
> >> that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in
> >> that list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this
> >> outrageous racism in storm names, there should be. And for that
> >> matter, why did they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally
> >> obviously populated by a bunch of homophobes, and they should be
> >> held accountable.
> >>
> >> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.
> >>
> >> -- bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's
> > probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill,
> > black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with
> > a name in the common usage...
> I allege that you have conflated that which was not intended to be
> conflated - race and queer - just so that you could allege what you
> alleged. How many Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Arabs, and/or East Indians
> who are named Tammy or Nigel do you probably bet there are out there?
> At the end of the day going forward, I bet there are damfew -
> statistically speaking.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

There's damn few Tammys, or Nigels, around either! Has there ever been a Hurricane named either "Tammy", or "Nigel"?

Cassius Tuan Alejandro Hasaf MacGillacutty Jr.

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<gQfeM.580374$cKvc.496174@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19315&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19315

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 02:17:47 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 06:17 UTC

film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 9:54:20 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege

>>> What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's
>>> probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar
>>> bill, black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of
>>> letters, with a name in the common usage...
>> I allege that you have conflated that which was not intended to
>> be conflated - race and queer - just so that you could allege
>> what you alleged. How many Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Arabs,
>> and/or East Indians who are named Tammy or Nigel do you probably
>> bet there are out there? At the end of the day going forward, I
>> bet there are damfew - statistically speaking. -- bill Theory
>> don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> There's damn few Tammys, or Nigels, around either! Has there ever
> been a Hurricane named either "Tammy", or "Nigel"?

Not that I know of, but it appears uniquely possible that there's
about to be - if Climate Change does its part. Did you think I just
pulled those names out of my ass at the end of the day going forward?
Didn't you read the link? Here, I'll make it literally easy for you by
giving you a link straight to the names, and you won't even have to
scroll and possibly get a transitory brain strain:

https://images.foxweather.com/static.foxweather.com/www.foxweather.com/content/uploads/2023/05/1336/752/c6ae1c13-Untitled-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

--
bill

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<078e8298-956f-424e-8cc2-b287f01486den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19318&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19318

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 09:31:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:31 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 11:17:51 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> film...@gmail.com wrote:

> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege

> >> I allege that you have conflated that which was not intended to
> >> be conflated - race and queer - just so that you could allege
> >> what you alleged. How many Blacks, Asians, Mexicans, Arabs,
> >> and/or East Indians who are named Tammy or Nigel do you probably
> >> bet there are out there? At the end of the day going forward, I
> >> bet there are damfew - statistically speaking. -- bill Theory
> >> don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > There's damn few Tammys, or Nigels, around either! Has there ever
> > been a Hurricane named either "Tammy", or "Nigel"?
> Not that I know of, but it appears uniquely possible that there's
> about to be - if Climate Change does its part. Did you think I just
> pulled those names out of my ass at the end of the day going forward?
> Didn't you read the link? Here, I'll make it literally easy for you by
> giving you a link straight to the names, and you won't even have to
> scroll and possibly get a transitory brain strain:
>
> https://images.foxweather.com/static.foxweather.com/www.foxweather.com/content/uploads/2023/05/1336/752/c6ae1c13-Untitled-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

This is a ridiculous discussion. Tammy ? Nigel? Could they make hurricanes more boring? They should be drawing names from other sources. How about a Godzilla hurricane? Or Frankenstein? Or Satan? Or Death? Or The Destroyer? People might take hurricanes more seriously if they gave them serious names. Anything but Whitney. They might as well call it Whitey.

TB

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5d8pi$389h2$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19321&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19321

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:27:14 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:27 UTC

On 6/1/2023 10:15 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 2:07:00 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> George Anthony wrote:
>>> Seems like every year they expect an increase in major storms.
>>> Sometimes there are and sometimes there aren't.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/atlantic-hurricane-season-outlook-csu-june-2023
>>>
>> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
>> that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in that
>> list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this outrageous
>> racism in storm names, there should be. And for that matter, why did
>> they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally obviously populated by a
>> bunch of homophobes, and they should be held accountable.
>>
>> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.
>>
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill, black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with a name in the common usage...
>
> Merriam Webster Jr.

How about Buffy, Brick, Piper, Briony. And if you want to be inclusive,
Elton, Dillon, Anderson...
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5d94c$389h2$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19322&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19322

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 12:32:59 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:32 UTC

On 6/2/2023 11:31 AM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 11:17:51 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege

>>> There's damn few Tammys, or Nigels, around either! Has there ever
>>> been a Hurricane named either "Tammy", or "Nigel"?
>> Not that I know of, but it appears uniquely possible that there's
>> about to be - if Climate Change does its part. Did you think I just
>> pulled those names out of my ass at the end of the day going forward?
>> Didn't you read the link? Here, I'll make it literally easy for you by
>> giving you a link straight to the names, and you won't even have to
>> scroll and possibly get a transitory brain strain:
>>
>> https://images.foxweather.com/static.foxweather.com/www.foxweather.com/content/uploads/2023/05/1336/752/c6ae1c13-Untitled-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
>> --
>> bill
>> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> This is a ridiculous discussion. Tammy ? Nigel? Could they make hurricanes more boring? They should be drawing names from other sources. How about a Godzilla hurricane? Or Frankenstein? Or Satan? Or Death? Or The Destroyer? People might take hurricanes more seriously if they gave them serious names. Anything but Whitney. They might as well call it Whitey.
>
> TB

You may be on to something for a change. They could be Ghenghis, Attila,
Adolph. Pol Pot, Kim, Mao, Josef...Biden.
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<gTpeM.642165$Lfzc.14638@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19323&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19323

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:43:39 -0400
 by: bfh - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:43 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 11:17:51 PM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
>> film...@gmail.com wrote:

Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege

>>> There's damn few Tammys, or Nigels, around either! Has there
>>> ever been a Hurricane named either "Tammy", or "Nigel"?
>> Not that I know of, but it appears uniquely possible that
>> there's about to be - if Climate Change does its part. Did you
>> think I just pulled those names out of my ass at the end of the
>> day going forward? Didn't you read the link? Here, I'll make it
>> literally easy for you by giving you a link straight to the
>> names, and you won't even have to scroll and possibly get a
>> transitory brain strain:
>>
>> https://images.foxweather.com/static.foxweather.com/www.foxweather.com/content/uploads/2023/05/1336/752/c6ae1c13-Untitled-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

--
>> bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
>
> This is a ridiculous discussion. Tammy ? Nigel? Could they make
> hurricanes more boring? They should be drawing names from other
> sources. How about a Godzilla hurricane? Or Frankenstein? Or Satan?
> Or Death? Or The Destroyer? People might take hurricanes more
> seriously if they gave them serious names. Anything but Whitney.
> They might as well call it Whitey.

C'mon, man....look.....at the end of the day going forward, calling
them serious and fearsome names would literally be risky and
incautious. What if they called one The Destroyer, and it turned out
to be wimpy and only half-broke one tree on a side street in a small
redneck climate change denying town? I'll tell you what - the
credibility of weather people from the WMO down to the local station
is what would be destroyed. Innocent weather people would lose their
jobs and be unable to feed their families and coastal politicians
would tremble in their dress sneakers and it's uniquely possible that
they'd lose their next election. I allege that your poorly pondered
fear-mongering naming scheme would be inefficacious on many levels,
and by the metric of any calculus is simply a bad idea.
So....look.....do The Right Thing and take it off the table, man -
before social media influencers can establish it as an existential
Threat to Democracy and people start boycotting hurricanes.

Meanwhile, I allege that someone must be held accountable by someone
for failing to follow the universally accepted principles of DEI when
naming 2023 potential hurricanes.

Follow the principles..............and the science, of course.

--
bill

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<8511abc6-a07a-42f9-acd7-e6130a674d78n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19324&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19324

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 10:54:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:54 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 10:27:17 AM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:
> On 6/1/2023 10:15 PM, film...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege
> >> that there is a disproportionate number of whitepeople names in that
> >> list. If there aren't some protests pretty soon about this outrageous
> >> racism in storm names, there should be. And for that matter, why did
> >> they leave out a Q name? The WMO is literally obviously populated by a
> >> bunch of homophobes, and they should be held accountable.
> >>
> >> Look....like, Storm Names Matter, you know.
> >>
> >> --
> >> bill
> >> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill, black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with a name in the common usage....
> >
> > Merriam Webster Jr.
> >

> How about Buffy, Brick, Piper, Briony. And if you want to be inclusive,
> Elton, Dillon, Anderson...
> --
> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Yeah, there are a ton of names that are better than the official list. I also like: Bambi, Puff, Hammer, Nightmare, Hamburger, Milkshake and Buttercup better than what's on that list.

Biden would probably feel honored by being included. But, Heck, what am I thinking?!?!? The government could raise a lot of money by auctioning the naming rights, one hurricane at a time. Elon is an obvious customer. I'll bet #45 could raise enough money from his fans for one or two hurricanes.. Amazon would probably want to get in on the action. Maybe offer special discounts to customers who were hit by their hurricanes? Insurance companies are another obvious customer.

TB

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5dg27$3946i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19326&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19326

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 14:31:19 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 19:31 UTC

On 6/2/2023 12:54 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 10:27:17 AM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:

>>> What is your criteria for "whitepeople" names? I bet there's probably plenty of "them" out there, queer as a three dollar bill, black as the ace of spades, & followed by a host of letters, with a name in the common usage...
>>>
>>> Merriam Webster Jr.
>>>

>> How about Buffy, Brick, Piper, Briony. And if you want to be inclusive,
>> Elton, Dillon, Anderson...
>> --
>> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)
>
> Yeah, there are a ton of names that are better than the official list. I also like: Bambi, Puff, Hammer, Nightmare, Hamburger, Milkshake and Buttercup better than what's on that list.
>
> Biden would probably feel honored by being included. But, Heck, what am I thinking?!?!? The government could raise a lot of money by auctioning the naming rights, one hurricane at a time. Elon is an obvious customer. I'll bet #45 could raise enough money from his fans for one or two hurricanes. Amazon would probably want to get in on the action. Maybe offer special discounts to customers who were hit by their hurricanes? Insurance companies are another obvious customer.
>
> TB

Trust me, insurance companies want no part of hurricanes. As to names,
Snowflake might be good for an end of season hurricane name. Might be
done to the "S"s by then and few of those ever scare anybody.
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<9eb3c16b-d0b2-46b0-a64f-5ae3970a7091n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19328&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19328

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:09:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:09 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 10:43:43 AM UTC-7, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

> Did you see that list of names for the 2023 storms? Well, I allege

> >> Not that I know of, but it appears uniquely possible that
> >> there's about to be - if Climate Change does its part. Did you
> >> think I just pulled those names out of my ass at the end of the
> >> day going forward? Didn't you read the link? Here, I'll make it
> >> literally easy for you by giving you a link straight to the
> >> names, and you won't even have to scroll and possibly get a
> >> transitory brain strain:
> >>
> >> https://images.foxweather.com/static.foxweather.com/www.foxweather.com/content/uploads/2023/05/1336/752/c6ae1c13-Untitled-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
> >>

> --
> >> bill Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.
> >
> > This is a ridiculous discussion. Tammy ? Nigel? Could they make
> > hurricanes more boring? They should be drawing names from other
> > sources. How about a Godzilla hurricane? Or Frankenstein? Or Satan?
> > Or Death? Or The Destroyer? People might take hurricanes more
> > seriously if they gave them serious names. Anything but Whitney.
> > They might as well call it Whitey.
> C'mon, man....look.....at the end of the day going forward, calling
> them serious and fearsome names would literally be risky and
> incautious. What if they called one The Destroyer, and it turned out
> to be wimpy and only half-broke one tree on a side street in a small
> redneck climate change denying town? I'll tell you what - the
> credibility of weather people from the WMO down to the local station
> is what would be destroyed. Innocent weather people would lose their
> jobs and be unable to feed their families and coastal politicians
> would tremble in their dress sneakers and it's uniquely possible that
> they'd lose their next election. I allege that your poorly pondered
> fear-mongering naming scheme would be inefficacious on many levels,
> and by the metric of any calculus is simply a bad idea.
> So....look.....do The Right Thing and take it off the table, man -
> before social media influencers can establish it as an existential
> Threat to Democracy and people start boycotting hurricanes.
>
> Meanwhile, I allege that someone must be held accountable by someone
> for failing to follow the universally accepted principles of DEI when
> naming 2023 potential hurricanes.
>
> Follow the principles..............and the science, of course.
> --
> bill
> Theory don't mean squat if it don't work.

"Universally accepted"? Isn't the whole point of DEI that it isn't universally accepted? What would a vice-president for DEI do if it was universally accepted? Build campfires and lead in rousing rounds of Kumbaya? It looks like DEI is part of woke, or maybe it just leads to wokeness.

TB

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<f224c6af-c6c7-4f11-b887-20ce2a045825n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19329&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19329

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 13:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:13 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 12:31:21 PM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:
> On 6/2/2023 12:54 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> How about Buffy, Brick, Piper, Briony. And if you want to be inclusive,
> >> Elton, Dillon, Anderson...
> >> --
> >> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)
> >
> > Yeah, there are a ton of names that are better than the official list. I also like: Bambi, Puff, Hammer, Nightmare, Hamburger, Milkshake and Buttercup better than what's on that list.
> >
> > Biden would probably feel honored by being included. But, Heck, what am I thinking?!?!? The government could raise a lot of money by auctioning the naming rights, one hurricane at a time. Elon is an obvious customer. I'll bet #45 could raise enough money from his fans for one or two hurricanes. Amazon would probably want to get in on the action. Maybe offer special discounts to customers who were hit by their hurricanes? Insurance companies are another obvious customer.
> >
> > TB
> Trust me, insurance companies want no part of hurricanes. As to names,
> Snowflake might be good for an end of season hurricane name. Might be
> done to the "S"s by then and few of those ever scare anybody.
> --
> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Whenever some fool says "trust me", I automatically check to be sure I know where my wallet is. I never ever trust the people who say this.

TB

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5djk2$39evr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19330&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19330

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 15:32:02 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 20:32 UTC

On 6/2/2023 3:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 12:31:21 PM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:

>>> Yeah, there are a ton of names that are better than the official list. I also like: Bambi, Puff, Hammer, Nightmare, Hamburger, Milkshake and Buttercup better than what's on that list.
>>>
>>> Biden would probably feel honored by being included. But, Heck, what am I thinking?!?!? The government could raise a lot of money by auctioning the naming rights, one hurricane at a time. Elon is an obvious customer. I'll bet #45 could raise enough money from his fans for one or two hurricanes. Amazon would probably want to get in on the action. Maybe offer special discounts to customers who were hit by their hurricanes? Insurance companies are another obvious customer.
>>>
>>> TB
>> Trust me, insurance companies want no part of hurricanes. As to names,
>> Snowflake might be good for an end of season hurricane name. Might be
>> done to the "S"s by then and few of those ever scare anybody.
>> --
>> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)
>
> Whenever some fool says "trust me", I automatically check to be sure I know where my wallet is. I never ever trust the people who say this.
>
> TB

Believe me, you just don't get it. Absolutely nothing to do with the
topic of hurricane names but of course The Artful Dodger lives up to his
(is that your preferred pronoun?) name.
--
(Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<b2c5da15-b8e5-4b79-a668-848d984e7dafn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19331&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19331

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 16:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:24 UTC

On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 1:32:05 PM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:
> On 6/2/2023 3:13 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> Trust me, insurance companies want no part of hurricanes. As to names,
> >> Snowflake might be good for an end of season hurricane name. Might be
> >> done to the "S"s by then and few of those ever scare anybody.
> >> --
> >> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)
> >
> > Whenever some fool says "trust me", I automatically check to be sure I know where my wallet is. I never ever trust the people who say this.
> >
> > TB
> Believe me, you just don't get it. Absolutely nothing to do with the
> topic of hurricane names but of course The Artful Dodger lives up to his
> (is that your preferred pronoun?) name.
> --
> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)

lol, Originally this thread wasn't about hurricane names, almighty keeper of the topic.

Over the years how many time do you think you have trolled me with this sort of sophomoric and repetitive troll? It must be at least a couple of thousand times. And you still deny being a troll? LOL

TB

Re: OT? - Same Old, Same Old

<u5du15$3adp3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19332&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19332

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 18:29:42 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 23:29 UTC

On 6/2/2023 6:24 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Friday, June 2, 2023 at 1:32:05 PM UTC-7, George Anthony wrote:

>>> Whenever some fool says "trust me", I automatically check to be sure I know where my wallet is. I never ever trust the people who say this.
>>>
>>> TB
>> Believe me, you just don't get it. Absolutely nothing to do with the
>> topic of hurricane names but of course The Artful Dodger lives up to his
>> (is that your preferred pronoun?) name.
>> --
>> (Space holder for future brilliant signature line)
>
> lol, Originally this thread wasn't about hurricane names, almighty keeper of the topic.
>
> Over the years how many time do you think you have trolled me with this sort of sophomoric and repetitive troll? It must be at least a couple of thousand times. And you still deny being a troll? LOL
>
> TB

It was about hurricanes. Not much of a leap to get to names of
hurricanes. You need to stop copying my words and terms and get some
originality in your inane posts. You bitch, moan and whine (commonly
called a beemer... BMW) yet you continue to respond. By the way, I doubt
if I've posted one thousand times about anything much less your
incomprehensible drivel.