Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa,alt.education,alt.elections
From: 56g.1173@ztq9.net (56g.1173)
Subject: Teachers Quitting - Schools Are TOO UNSAFE
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 00:37:19 -0500
 by: 56g.1173 - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 05:37 UTC

https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/classroom-crisis-youth-violence/teacher-quits-student-violence/

Student fighting is surging in schools across the U.S.,
causing some teachers to leave the profession out of fear
for their own safety.

“I just could see over the last several years that the
misbehavior was getting so bad that most of my time in
my classroom wasn’t in teaching anymore, I was trying to
put out fires. And so I got tired of being disrespected,”
former teacher Stacey Sawyer said.

Sawyer joined “NewsNation Prime” to share her story,
saying she’s seen students punching each other resulting
in blood and violence.

.. . .

And try to DO anything about it and YOU get the
blame/lawsuits/arrests.

Public Ed is DEAD. Cannot go on under current
conditions - and online Ed is no substitute.

This was an experiment about 200 years old - but
has ended in FAILURE, mostly due to lefty politics.

The lefties - they WANT an ignorant population ...
that will believe any "truth" they put out there
this week and be unable to find facts for themselves.

Hmm ... remember "Fahrenheit 451" ? This is the LARGE
scale version. They don't have to burn books ...
nobody can/will be able to read them or grasp their
contents.

If there's a future in "teaching" then it will be an
elite few - mostly teaching the upper-class. This
was popular in the middle ages up through the early
20th - and looks to be the new norm. The peasant
class ... BEST if they know nothing, it'll help
keep them 'in their place', right ?

Re: Teachers Quitting - Schools Are TOO UNSAFE

<uTndN.131170$MwE9.2921@fx04.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=1955&group=alt.education#1955

Subject: Re: Teachers Quitting - Schools Are TOO UNSAFE
Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.usa,soc.culture.usa,alt.education,alt.elections
From: NoOne@private.corp (John Doe)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 11:58:33 -0700
 by: John Doe - Sun, 10 Dec 2023 18:58 UTC

On 12/9/2023 10:37 PM, 56g.1173 wrote:
> https://www.newsnationnow.com/crime/classroom-crisis-youth-violence/teacher-quits-student-violence/
>
> Student fighting is surging in schools across the U.S.,
> causing some teachers to leave the profession out of fear
> for their own safety.
>
> “I just could see over the last several years that the
> misbehavior was getting so bad that most of my time in
> my classroom wasn’t in teaching anymore, I was trying to
> put out fires. And so I got tired of being disrespected,”
> former teacher Stacey Sawyer said.
>
> Sawyer joined “NewsNation Prime” to share her story,
> saying she’s seen students punching each other resulting
> in blood and violence.
>
> . . .
>
>   And try to DO anything about it and YOU get the
>   blame/lawsuits/arrests.
>
>   Public Ed is DEAD. Cannot go on under current
>   conditions - and online Ed is no substitute.
>
>   This was an experiment about 200 years old - but
>   has ended in FAILURE, mostly due to lefty politics.
>
>   The lefties - they WANT an ignorant population ...
>   that will believe any "truth" they put out there
>   this week and be unable to find facts for themselves.
>
>   Hmm ... remember "Fahrenheit 451" ? This is the LARGE
>   scale version. They don't have to burn books ...
>   nobody can/will be able to read them or grasp their
>   contents.
>
>   If there's a future in "teaching" then it will be an
>   elite few - mostly teaching the upper-class. This
>   was popular in the middle ages up through the early
>   20th - and looks to be the new norm. The peasant
>   class ... BEST if they know nothing, it'll help
>   keep them 'in their place', right ?

And yet in the real world, the book burners are the GOP folks, and they
are the ones trying to undermine and destroy public education. They are
the ones Bradbury was speaking against, and that's why people on the
right steadily ban his book and others.