I just need enough to tide me over until I need more. -- Bill Hoest

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

SubjectAuthor
* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingGeorge.Anthony
+* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingrobert caprel
|`- OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingGeorge Anthony
`* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
 `* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingGeorge Anthony
  `* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
   `* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
    `* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingTechnobarbarian
     +* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
     |`* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingTechnobarbarian
     | +- OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
     | `* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingFrank Howell
     |  `* OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingGeorge Anthony
     |   `* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
     |    +* OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingbfh
     |    |`- OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingsticks
     |    `- OT? - Affirmative Action is Insultingrobert caprel
     `- OT? - Affirmative Action is InsultingFrank Howell

1
OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7sjl7$3d71u$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19572&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19572

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 14:37:10 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 19:37 UTC

This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't compete
on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is insulting
to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.

Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling
--
NAGA dimocrats still standing behind Biden are showing an unparalleled
level of stupidity.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<37c4260e-aa0f-4548-a82b-4aa34d79e73bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19573&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19573

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 12:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting
From: bobcaprel@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 19:57 UTC

On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 12:37:15 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
> This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't compete
> on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is insulting
> to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.
>
> Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
> since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
> access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling

Damn checked again if anybody gives a rats ass, nope nobody perhaps Stick in the mud will once the elevator reaches the top floor

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7sq11$3dt9r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19575&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19575

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 16:25:51 -0500
 by: sticks - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 21:25 UTC

On 7/2/2023 2:37 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
> This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't compete
> on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is insulting
> to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.
>
> Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
> since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
> access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.
>
> https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling

The unfortunate part of all this is the left continuing to misrepresent
the actual case. For example, nowhere does Sir Barkley acknowledge that
people of Asian descent WERE being discriminated against.
His quote is even more silly, as he uses words that are obviously
against the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause: "Let me be clear
– affirmative action exists because we cannot rely on colleges,
universities and employers to enact admissions and hiring practices that
embrace diversity, equity and inclusion,". If he would have left out
*equity*, he would stand a chance. But the left is not interested in
equality, equity is the word they choose to use. America is not about
equity from our government. That's illegal.

FWIW, I have no problem at all with him creating a scholarship for
Black-only students if that's what he wants. I am not positive, but I
don't even think it's illegal. There are scholarships for certain
nationalities, certain genders (generally women), etc., and as long as
you're not the university I think you can give your money to whoever you
want. Hopefully he's worked this out somehow if this is how he wants
his money spent. Just giving it to the college general fund might not
work out as he had wished, unfortunately.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7t3o6$3eudr$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19578&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19578

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 19:11:51 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:11 UTC

On 7/2/2023 4:25 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 2:37 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>> This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't compete
>> on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is
>> insulting to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.
>>
>> Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
>> since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
>> access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling
>
> The unfortunate part of all this is the left continuing to misrepresent
> the actual case.  For example, nowhere does Sir Barkley acknowledge that
> people of Asian descent WERE being discriminated against.
> His quote is even more silly, as he uses words that are obviously
> against the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause:  "Let me be clear
> – affirmative action exists because we cannot rely on colleges,
> universities and employers to enact admissions and hiring practices that
> embrace diversity, equity and inclusion,".  If he would have left out
> *equity*, he would stand a chance.  But the left is not interested in
> equality, equity is the word they choose to use.  America is not about
> equity from our government.  That's illegal.
>
> FWIW, I have no problem at all with him creating a scholarship for
> Black-only students if that's what he wants.  I am not positive, but I
> don't even think it's illegal.  There are scholarships for certain
> nationalities, certain genders (generally women), etc., and as long as
> you're not the university I think you can give your money to whoever you
> want.  Hopefully he's worked this out somehow if this is how he wants
> his money spent.  Just giving it to the college general fund might not
> work out as he had wished, unfortunately.

It's his money he can do whatever he wants with it. However, marking it
for exclusive access by blacks is also racist.
--
NAGA Democrats are destroying the United States of America.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7t3r0$3eudr$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19579&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19579

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 19:13:21 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 00:13 UTC

On 7/2/2023 2:57 PM, robert caprel wrote:
> On Sunday, July 2, 2023 at 12:37:15 PM UTC-7, George.Anthony wrote:
>> This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't compete
>> on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is insulting
>> to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.
>>
>> Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
>> since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
>> access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.
>>
>> https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling
>>
> Damn checked again if anybody gives a rats ass, nope nobody perhaps Stick in the mud will once the elevator reaches the top floor

I floor which you never have or ever will see.
--
NAGA Democrats are destroying the United States of America.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7t8l9$3fcs1$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19581&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19581

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 20:35:37 -0500
 by: sticks - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 01:35 UTC

On 7/2/2023 7:11 PM, George Anthony wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 4:25 PM, sticks wrote:
>> On 7/2/2023 2:37 PM, George.Anthony wrote:
>>> This kind of thinking is the real racism. It's saying we can't
>>> compete on a level playing field. We need help from "whitey". This is
>>> insulting to me and should be to all Americans of African descent.
>>>
>>> Furthermore, this will likely make college campuses even more diverse
>>> since it will allow more Asians, with their more conservative views,
>>> access to supposedly "racially diverse" colleges.
>>>
>>> https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charles-barkley-amends-will-donate-millions-auburn-following-supreme-courts-affirmative-action-ruling
>>
>> The unfortunate part of all this is the left continuing to
>> misrepresent the actual case.  For example, nowhere does Sir Barkley
>> acknowledge that people of Asian descent WERE being discriminated
>> against.
>> His quote is even more silly, as he uses words that are obviously
>> against the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause:  "Let me be
>> clear – affirmative action exists because we cannot rely on colleges,
>> universities and employers to enact admissions and hiring practices
>> that embrace diversity, equity and inclusion,".  If he would have left
>> out *equity*, he would stand a chance.  But the left is not interested
>> in equality, equity is the word they choose to use.  America is not
>> about equity from our government.  That's illegal.
>>
>> FWIW, I have no problem at all with him creating a scholarship for
>> Black-only students if that's what he wants.  I am not positive, but I
>> don't even think it's illegal.  There are scholarships for certain
>> nationalities, certain genders (generally women), etc., and as long as
>> you're not the university I think you can give your money to whoever
>> you want.  Hopefully he's worked this out somehow if this is how he
>> wants his money spent.  Just giving it to the college general fund
>> might not work out as he had wished, unfortunately.
>
> It's his money he can do whatever he wants with it. However, marking it
> for exclusive access by blacks is also racist.

I would have to disagree with that assessment in a way. First, maybe
some other time we can get into the ridiculousness of today's culture
deeming everything "racist" in one way or another. True racism is
something entirely different than what it is being presented as today.
That said, if Sir Charles was to say he would never give any money to a
white person because he damn well hates them, yes, that I think would be
racist. For him to prefer to help a segment of society he is a part of,
relates to, and considers worthy of his attention I don't think is
racism. He still could do it either way, one is just more moral than
the other.

In the end, I don't care. The progressives will still find ways to
discriminate against those they don't like, while using others money to
help the ones they do. It's what they do.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u7vqqf$3ra7d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19591&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19591

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 19:57:51 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 00:57 UTC

On 7/2/2023 8:35 PM, sticks wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 7:11 PM, George Anthony wrote:

>>> The unfortunate part of all this is the left continuing to
>>> misrepresent the actual case.  For example, nowhere does Sir Barkley
>>> acknowledge that people of Asian descent WERE being discriminated
>>> against.
>>> His quote is even more silly, as he uses words that are obviously
>>> against the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause:  "Let me be
>>> clear – affirmative action exists because we cannot rely on colleges,
>>> universities and employers to enact admissions and hiring practices
>>> that embrace diversity, equity and inclusion,".  If he would have
>>> left out *equity*, he would stand a chance.  But the left is not
>>> interested in equality, equity is the word they choose to use.
>>> America is not about equity from our government.  That's illegal.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I have no problem at all with him creating a scholarship for
>>> Black-only students if that's what he wants.  I am not positive, but
>>> I don't even think it's illegal.  There are scholarships for certain
>>> nationalities, certain genders (generally women), etc., and as long
>>> as you're not the university I think you can give your money to
>>> whoever you want.  Hopefully he's worked this out somehow if this is
>>> how he wants his money spent.  Just giving it to the college general
>>> fund might not work out as he had wished, unfortunately.
>>
>> It's his money he can do whatever he wants with it. However, marking
>> it for exclusive access by blacks is also racist.
>
> I would have to disagree with that assessment in a way.  First, maybe
> some other time we can get into the ridiculousness of today's culture
> deeming everything "racist" in one way or another.  True racism is
> something entirely different than what it is being presented as today.
> That said, if Sir Charles was to say he would never give any money to a
> white person because he damn well hates them, yes, that I think would be
> racist.  For him to prefer to help a segment of society he is a part of,
> relates to, and considers worthy of his attention I don't think is
> racism.  He still could do it either way, one is just more moral than
> the other.
>
> In the end, I don't care.  The progressives will still find ways to
> discriminate against those they don't like, while using others money to
> help the ones they do.  It's what they do.

Now this, on the other hand, is definitely racism.

<https://therightscoop.com/oregon-groups-create-segregated-hiking-trails-for-black-people/>

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<90cabd2e-29cb-43b4-8f23-b9595fd650b4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19599&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19599

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 11:43:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 18:43 UTC

On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 5:57:54 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 7/2/2023 8:35 PM, sticks wrote:

> >> It's his money he can do whatever he wants with it. However, marking
> >> it for exclusive access by blacks is also racist.
> >
> > I would have to disagree with that assessment in a way. First, maybe
> > some other time we can get into the ridiculousness of today's culture
> > deeming everything "racist" in one way or another. True racism is
> > something entirely different than what it is being presented as today.
> > That said, if Sir Charles was to say he would never give any money to a
> > white person because he damn well hates them, yes, that I think would be
> > racist. For him to prefer to help a segment of society he is a part of,
> > relates to, and considers worthy of his attention I don't think is
> > racism. He still could do it either way, one is just more moral than
> > the other.
> >
> > In the end, I don't care. The progressives will still find ways to
> > discriminate against those they don't like, while using others money to
> > help the ones they do. It's what they do.
> Now this, on the other hand, is definitely racism.
>
> <https://therightscoop.com/oregon-groups-create-segregated-hiking-trails-for-black-people/>

LOL You live in an amazing fantasy world. Most of the land here is publicly owned. The hiking trails can't legally be segregated. The only thing segregated here is groups of people who are voluntarily segregating themselves, to a small extent. They will still be sharing the trails with everyone. Who knows, If you asked nicely they might let you join? I suggest you follow this story back to its original, less slanted, version.

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/2023/07/oregon-groups-create-a-path-for-people-of-color-to-feel-safe-on-wilderness-trails.html

"Oregon groups create a path for people of color to feel safe on wilderness trails"

I admit it. When you get out of the city, it gets very White out there, but not exclusively. Eastern Oregon gets very white outside of the cities. I assume that racism is likely to be a factor, but I also assume there are a number of other factors at work here. One of the more obvious reasons is that hanging out in the forest or in the middle of nowhere doesn't appeal to everyone one. For a family, even just car camping can represent a significant investment.

OTOH the POC that we see out and about all seem to be enjoying themselves. Harassment doesn't appear to be common. You see a lot of Hispanic and Asian people on the coast. Black people are more common than they used to be. One of the more obvious changes in Oregon, over the years, is the wide diversity of ethnic food available almost everywhere. I can remember Newport when it had one Mexican restaurant, just outside of town, two Chinese restaurants and one pizza parlor, along with a ton of American style restaurants.

TB

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u82b4k$811d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19602&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19602

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 18:48:34 -0500
 by: sticks - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 23:48 UTC

On 7/4/2023 1:43 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Monday, July 3, 2023 at 5:57:54 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

>>> I would have to disagree with that assessment in a way. First, maybe
>>> some other time we can get into the ridiculousness of today's culture
>>> deeming everything "racist" in one way or another. True racism is
>>> something entirely different than what it is being presented as today.
>>> That said, if Sir Charles was to say he would never give any money to a
>>> white person because he damn well hates them, yes, that I think would be
>>> racist. For him to prefer to help a segment of society he is a part of,
>>> relates to, and considers worthy of his attention I don't think is
>>> racism. He still could do it either way, one is just more moral than
>>> the other.
>>>
>>> In the end, I don't care. The progressives will still find ways to
>>> discriminate against those they don't like, while using others money to
>>> help the ones they do. It's what they do.
>> Now this, on the other hand, is definitely racism.
>>
>> <https://therightscoop.com/oregon-groups-create-segregated-hiking-trails-for-black-people/>
>
> LOL You live in an amazing fantasy world.

HA! Coming from someone who thinks men can become women, I think you
should look in the mirror occasionally.

I currently live in the Midwest, but have hiked all over the US and up
in Canada. I have never seen the type of thing your link suggest is
happening. I am a big white man, and have never seen a person of color
appear to be afraid of me in the least, or anyone else for that matter
in any of the places we've gone outdoors. If you have this type of
problem up in the Northwest, that is a shame. I definitely would have
the backs of anyone this behavior is exhibited towards. But the OP
makes a valid point that this is perpetuating the stereotyping of people
of color being victim to white folks. I don't like that. In my world,
it's not happening or true. I applaud if someone has the true intention
of getting people outdoors and enjoying everything that brings. Just
find a way to keep the race shit out of it. Publicizing it this way
doesn't do that. It instead continues to divide us. That is a shame.

I have two relatives working for Space X that are living in Duval, Wa.
We will be making it out there soon, and I guess we'll see for ourselves.

---snip---

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<4e75ddd5-b3af-47af-9f60-802f9a3af24en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19606&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19606

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 18:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 01:56 UTC

On Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 4:48:39 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 7/4/2023 1:43 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> >> Now this, on the other hand, is definitely racism.
> >>
> >> <https://therightscoop.com/oregon-groups-create-segregated-hiking-trails-for-black-people/>
> >
> > LOL You live in an amazing fantasy world.
> HA! Coming from someone who thinks men can become women, I think you
> should look in the mirror occasionally.
>
> I currently live in the Midwest, but have hiked all over the US and up
> in Canada. I have never seen the type of thing your link suggest is
> happening. I am a big white man, and have never seen a person of color
> appear to be afraid of me in the least, or anyone else for that matter
> in any of the places we've gone outdoors. If you have this type of
> problem up in the Northwest, that is a shame. I definitely would have
> the backs of anyone this behavior is exhibited towards. But the OP
> makes a valid point that this is perpetuating the stereotyping of people
> of color being victim to white folks. I don't like that. In my world,
> it's not happening or true. I applaud if someone has the true intention
> of getting people outdoors and enjoying everything that brings. Just
> find a way to keep the race shit out of it. Publicizing it this way
> doesn't do that. It instead continues to divide us. That is a shame.
>
> I have two relatives working for Space X that are living in Duval, Wa.
> We will be making it out there soon, and I guess we'll see for ourselves.
>
> ---snip---

IOW, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're perfectly happy to go chasing ghosts. You won't see the people who might be afraid of you out of the hiking trails. If they got out of the city in the first place most of those folks don't get far from the parking lot. There is an unspoken reason why these hiking groups are a good idea, and it has nothing to do with race. The biggest problem you will encounter is thieves. It really isn't a good idea to leave a car you care about at any trailhead. I sometimes do it, but I know I'm gambling.

I meet and chat with people from all sorts of backgrounds when we're out and about. They're all pretty ordinary people.

TB

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u82mqp$cvd7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19608&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19608

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 22:08:09 -0500
 by: sticks - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 03:08 UTC

On 7/4/2023 8:56 PM, Technobarbarian wrote:

> IOW, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're perfectly happy to go chasing ghosts.

---snip---

Honestly, there's just nothing in your post worth wasting any time on.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<gylqM.74773$RIra.42403@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19638&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19638

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:37:11 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:37 UTC

Safe from what?

--
Frank Howell

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<DAlqM.74774$RIra.1403@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19640&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19640

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: fphowell@usermail.com (Frank Howell)
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 15:39:42 -0700
 by: Frank Howell - Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:39 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 4:48:39 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:

>>> LOL You live in an amazing fantasy world.
>> HA! Coming from someone who thinks men can become women, I think you
>> should look in the mirror occasionally.
>>
>> I currently live in the Midwest, but have hiked all over the US and up
>> in Canada. I have never seen the type of thing your link suggest is
>> happening. I am a big white man, and have never seen a person of color
>> appear to be afraid of me in the least, or anyone else for that matter
>> in any of the places we've gone outdoors. If you have this type of
>> problem up in the Northwest, that is a shame. I definitely would have
>> the backs of anyone this behavior is exhibited towards. But the OP
>> makes a valid point that this is perpetuating the stereotyping of people
>> of color being victim to white folks. I don't like that. In my world,
>> it's not happening or true. I applaud if someone has the true intention
>> of getting people outdoors and enjoying everything that brings. Just
>> find a way to keep the race shit out of it. Publicizing it this way
>> doesn't do that. It instead continues to divide us. That is a shame.
>>
>> I have two relatives working for Space X that are living in Duval, Wa.
>> We will be making it out there soon, and I guess we'll see for ourselves.
>>
>> ---snip---
>
> IOW, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about, and you're perfectly happy to go chasing ghosts. You won't see the people who might be afraid of you out of the hiking trails. If they got out of the city in the first place most of those folks don't get far from the parking lot. There is an unspoken reason why these hiking groups are a good idea, and it has nothing to do with race. The biggest problem you will encounter is thieves. It really isn't a good idea to leave a car you care about at any trailhead. I sometimes do it, but I know I'm gambling.
>
> I meet and chat with people from all sorts of backgrounds when we're out and about. They're all pretty ordinary people.
>
> TB

How can you meet all sorts of people when some groups have their own
trail which by definition excludes you?

--
Frank Howell

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u8d2br$1t7ae$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19642&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19642

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 20:26:18 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 01:26 UTC

On 7/8/2023 5:39 PM, Frank Howell wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:

>>> HA! Coming from someone who thinks men can become women, I think you
>>> should look in the mirror occasionally.
>>>
>>> I currently live in the Midwest, but have hiked all over the US and up
>>> in Canada. I have never seen the type of thing your link suggest is
>>> happening. I am a big white man, and have never seen a person of color
>>> appear to be afraid of me in the least, or anyone else for that matter
>>> in any of the places we've gone outdoors. If you have this type of
>>> problem up in the Northwest, that is a shame. I definitely would have
>>> the backs of anyone this behavior is exhibited towards. But the OP
>>> makes a valid point that this is perpetuating the stereotyping of people
>>> of color being victim to white folks. I don't like that. In my world,
>>> it's not happening or true. I applaud if someone has the true intention
>>> of getting people outdoors and enjoying everything that brings. Just
>>> find a way to keep the race shit out of it. Publicizing it this way
>>> doesn't do that. It instead continues to divide us. That is a shame.
>>>
>>> I have two relatives working for Space X that are living in Duval, Wa.
>>> We will be making it out there soon, and I guess we'll see for
>>> ourselves.
>>>
>>> ---snip---
>>
>>     IOW, as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about, and
>> you're perfectly happy to go chasing ghosts. You won't see the people
>> who might be afraid of you out of the hiking trails. If they got out
>> of the city in the first place most of those folks don't get far from
>> the parking lot. There is an unspoken reason why these hiking groups
>> are a good idea, and it has nothing to do with race. The biggest
>> problem you will encounter is thieves. It really isn't a good idea to
>> leave a car you care about at any trailhead. I sometimes do it, but I
>> know I'm gambling.
>>
>>        I meet and chat with people from all sorts of backgrounds when
>> we're out and about. They're all pretty ordinary people.
>>
>> TB

When's the last time you saw a transvestite or drag queen out hiking or
jogging. They are too busy shaking their asses in front of school children.

> How can you meet all sorts of people when some groups have their own
> trail which by definition excludes you?

--
NAGA Democrats are destroying the United States of America.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u8d8ns$21jt9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19643&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19643

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2023 22:15:06 -0500
 by: sticks - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 03:15 UTC

On 7/8/2023 8:26 PM, George Anthony wrote:

> When's the last time you saw a transvestite or drag queen out hiking or
> jogging. They are too busy shaking their asses in front of school children.

Before Covid hit we were up in the Banff area of Canada and hiking in
the National Parks. One day there was a small group of a half dozen
people we kept running into. Unlike TechnoKook, I don't hang around
with the boisterous alphabet crowd and don't search them out, so back
then I hadn't seen many alphabet people. There was a man in the gang
who was about 6' 5" tall, and every bit a man, except for the obvious
set of boobs he had. Finally I had to ask my wife what the hell that
was. She explained it to me, and I said OK.

Now that I look back on it, I guess the guy was doing OK for someone
with an obvious mental health issue. He didn't seem to mind people
looking funny at him. He was dressed to show his feminine side and
nobody really cared. But it is not something you normally see, so
people were noticing.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<RIqqM.78479$edH5.38088@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19644&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19644

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 00:29:37 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 04:29 UTC

sticks wrote:
> On 7/8/2023 8:26 PM, George Anthony wrote:
>
>> When's the last time you saw a transvestite or drag queen out hiking
>> or jogging. They are too busy shaking their asses in front of school
>> children.
>
> Before Covid hit we were up in the Banff area of Canada and hiking in
> the National Parks.  One day there was a small group of a half dozen
> people we kept running into.  Unlike TechnoKook, I don't hang around
> with the boisterous alphabet crowd and don't search them out, so back
> then I hadn't seen many alphabet people.  There was a man in the gang
> who was about 6' 5" tall, and every bit a man, except for the obvious
> set of boobs he had.

Were they proportional?

--
bill

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<u8edkn$2521o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19646&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19646

From: wolverine01@charter.net (sticks)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 08:44:55 -0500
 by: sticks - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 13:44 UTC

On 7/8/2023 11:29 PM, bfh wrote:
> sticks wrote:
>> On 7/8/2023 8:26 PM, George Anthony wrote:
>>
>>> When's the last time you saw a transvestite or drag queen out hiking
>>> or jogging. They are too busy shaking their asses in front of school
>>> children.
>>
>> Before Covid hit we were up in the Banff area of Canada and hiking in
>> the National Parks.  One day there was a small group of a half dozen
>> people we kept running into.  Unlike TechnoKook, I don't hang around
>> with the boisterous alphabet crowd and don't search them out, so back
>> then I hadn't seen many alphabet people.  There was a man in the gang
>> who was about 6' 5" tall, and every bit a man, except for the obvious
>> set of boobs he had.
>
> Were they proportional?

I don't really know what size of girlie boobs are appropriate for a big
man. I'm betting TechnoBoob does.

Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting

<5a030b9e-154e-4460-8bf8-45396efcae17n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19651&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19651

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 12:06:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: bobcaprel@gmail.com (robert caprel)
 by: robert caprel - Sun, 9 Jul 2023 19:06 UTC

On Saturday, July 8, 2023 at 8:15:11 PM UTC-7, sticks wrote:
> On 7/8/2023 8:26 PM, George Anthony wrote:
>
> > When's the last time you saw a transvestite or drag queen out hiking or
> > jogging. They are too busy shaking their asses in front of school children.
> Before Covid hit we were up in the Banff area of Canada and hiking in
> the National Parks. One day there was a small group of a half dozen
> people we kept running into. Unlike TechnoKook, I don't hang around
> with the boisterous alphabet crowd and don't search them out, so back
> then I hadn't seen many alphabet people. There was a man in the gang
> who was about 6' 5" tall, and every bit a man, except for the obvious
> set of boobs he had. Finally I had to ask my wife what the hell that
> was. She explained it to me, and I said OK.
>
> Now that I look back on it, I guess the guy was doing OK for someone
> with an obvious mental health issue. He didn't seem to mind people
> looking funny at him. He was dressed to show his feminine side and
> nobody really cared. But it is not something you normally see, so
> people were noticing.

Everybody knows Banff is the Fag Convention capital and you being some fat and short nobody from Ohio and lusting after this 6 foot 5” hunk that made you notice him; it’s just he already had his own harem so better luck next time!

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: OT? - Affirmative Action is Insulting