From: usenet@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 21:05:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 21:05 UTC

Is anyone else planning to go to the FMCA convention and RV
expo in Gillette, Wyoming in August? This will be the first
"RVers event" we've gone to.

Afterwards, I was able to get reservations at Fishing Bridge
in Yellowstone, and Gros Ventre near Jackson.

We're looking forward to the trip.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane

Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming

<u8v5ja$glek$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19716&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19716

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2023 17:11:55 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Sat, 15 Jul 2023 22:11 UTC

On 7/15/2023 4:05 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> Is anyone else planning to go to the FMCA convention and RV
> expo in Gillette, Wyoming in August? This will be the first
> "RVers event" we've gone to.
>
> Afterwards, I was able to get reservations at Fishing Bridge
> in Yellowstone, and Gros Ventre near Jackson.
>
> We're looking forward to the trip.

Not going to Gillette but did attend the March rally in Perry, GA (and
others). I might be able to answer any questions you might have. By the
way, nice job on scoring those sites. We jammed ourselves into a
campsite at Fishing Bridge some years ago, before the upgrades.
--
NAGA Democrats are destroying the United States of America.

Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming

<u91het$rj9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19721&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19721

From: usenet@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:46:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Sun, 16 Jul 2023 19:46 UTC

In article <u8v5ja$glek$1@dont-email.me>,
George Anthony <ganthony@gmail.net> wrote:
>On 7/15/2023 4:05 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>> Is anyone else planning to go to the FMCA convention and RV
>> expo in Gillette, Wyoming in August? This will be the first
>> "RVers event" we've gone to.
>>
>> Afterwards, I was able to get reservations at Fishing Bridge
>> in Yellowstone, and Gros Ventre near Jackson.
>>
>> We're looking forward to the trip.
>
>Not going to Gillette but did attend the March rally in Perry, GA (and
>others). I might be able to answer any questions you might have. By the
>way, nice job on scoring those sites. We jammed ourselves into a
>campsite at Fishing Bridge some years ago, before the upgrades.

I figured "after Labor day" would be a good time to try for it.
I was able to get a site at Gros Ventre after Yellowstone, too.

What should I be looking to do at the FMCA rally?
--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston

Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming

<u9209a$t5r3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19722&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19722

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 20:59:40 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 01:59 UTC

On 7/16/2023 2:46 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <u8v5ja$glek$1@dont-email.me>,
> George Anthony <ganthony@gmail.net> wrote:
>> On 7/15/2023 4:05 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>>> Is anyone else planning to go to the FMCA convention and RV
>>> expo in Gillette, Wyoming in August? This will be the first
>>> "RVers event" we've gone to.
>>>
>>> Afterwards, I was able to get reservations at Fishing Bridge
>>> in Yellowstone, and Gros Ventre near Jackson.
>>>
>>> We're looking forward to the trip.
>>
>> Not going to Gillette but did attend the March rally in Perry, GA (and
>> others). I might be able to answer any questions you might have. By the
>> way, nice job on scoring those sites. We jammed ourselves into a
>> campsite at Fishing Bridge some years ago, before the upgrades.
>
> I figured "after Labor day" would be a good time to try for it.
> I was able to get a site at Gros Ventre after Yellowstone, too.
>
> What should I be looking to do at the FMCA rally?

You should get some first timers info in the package you receive from
FMCA. Also, they have first timers meetings to guide you. There will be
many vendors there (you can load up on ink pens, note pads, coozies and
candy) selling everything from RV toilets to pots and pans. You will
likely find something to buy. They do have quite a few seminars. Some on
driving tips, caravan travel, etc.

They also have social events. Coffee and donuts, ice cream and a ladies
luncheon. One of the best things is the networking with fellow RVers. I
have made some lifelong friends at some of these rallys. Some are even
democrats <grin>.

Have you been to the FMCA web site? If you go to the events section it
provides a good deal of info on entertainment, vendors, seminars, etc.

Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming

<u92beh$11qpk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19725&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19725

From: usenet@mikevanpelt.com (Mike Van Pelt)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 03:10:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mike Van Pelt - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 03:10 UTC

In article <u9209a$t5r3$1@dont-email.me>,
George Anthony <ganthony@gmail.org> wrote:
>On 7/16/2023 2:46 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>> What should I be looking to do at the FMCA rally?
>
>You should get some first timers info in the package you receive from
>FMCA. Also, they have first timers meetings to guide you. There will be
>many vendors there (you can load up on ink pens, note pads, coozies and
>candy) selling everything from RV toilets to pots and pans. You will
>likely find something to buy. They do have quite a few seminars. Some on
>driving tips, caravan travel, etc.
>
>They also have social events. Coffee and donuts, ice cream and a ladies
>luncheon. One of the best things is the networking with fellow RVers. I
>have made some lifelong friends at some of these rallys. Some are even
>democrats <grin>.

Good info, thanks.

I've got my wife signed up for the ladies luncheon already.

I'm also going to be in the AIM Club section, since we bought
our RV from NIRVC.

>Have you been to the FMCA web site? If you go to the events section it
>provides a good deal of info on entertainment, vendors, seminars, etc.

I glanced at it; I'll go take a closer look.

--
Mike Van Pelt | "I don't advise it unless you're nuts."
mvp at calweb.com | -- Ray Wilkinson, after riding out Hurricane
KE6BVH | Ike on Surfside Beach in Galveston

Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming

<u93u22$1a86b$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19730&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19730

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 14:33:58 -0500
 by: George Anthony - Mon, 17 Jul 2023 19:33 UTC

On 7/16/2023 10:10 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
> In article <u9209a$t5r3$1@dont-email.me>,
> George Anthony <ganthony@gmail.org> wrote:
>> On 7/16/2023 2:46 PM, Mike Van Pelt wrote:
>>> What should I be looking to do at the FMCA rally?
>>
>> You should get some first timers info in the package you receive from
>> FMCA. Also, they have first timers meetings to guide you. There will be
>> many vendors there (you can load up on ink pens, note pads, coozies and
>> candy) selling everything from RV toilets to pots and pans. You will
>> likely find something to buy. They do have quite a few seminars. Some on
>> driving tips, caravan travel, etc.
>>
>> They also have social events. Coffee and donuts, ice cream and a ladies
>> luncheon. One of the best things is the networking with fellow RVers. I
>> have made some lifelong friends at some of these rallys. Some are even
>> democrats <grin>.
>
> Good info, thanks.
>
> I've got my wife signed up for the ladies luncheon already.
>
> I'm also going to be in the AIM Club section, since we bought
> our RV from NIRVC.
>
>> Have you been to the FMCA web site? If you go to the events section it
>> provides a good deal of info on entertainment, vendors, seminars, etc.
>
> I glanced at it; I'll go take a closer look.

Enjoy. We would be attending since I will be passing close enough for a
side trip when we go to Seattle next month but I can't make the timing work.
--
NAGA Dimocrats are the diseased who are infecting the entire country
with insanity.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: FMCA convention in Gillette, Wyoming