Inspiration without perspiration is usually sterile.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / What you need to know about camping in Tigard

SubjectAuthor
* What you need to know about camping in TigardTechnobarbarian
`* What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
 +* What you need to know about camping in TigardGeorge.Anthony
 |`- What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
 `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardkmiller
  `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
   `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardkmiller
    `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
     +* What you need to know about camping in Tigardkmiller
     |`* What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
     | `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardkmiller
     |  `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
     |   `* What you need to know about camping in Tigardkmiller
     |    `- What you need to know about camping in Tigardbfh
     `- What you need to know about camping in TigardGeorge.Anthony

1
What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<b78cfec2-33c9-4acc-b725-924346471b67n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19738&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19738

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:55:29 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: What you need to know about camping in Tigard
From: technobarbarian@gmail.com (Technobarbarian)
 by: Technobarbarian - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 17:55 UTC

"What you need to know about camping in Tigard"

Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the library.

This is a link to the pamphlet:

https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard

Naturally, there's a link for more information:

https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters

Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping" during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity. The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:

"If you see a violation in the community:

If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community member yourself.

Here’s how –

Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating it.

Approach the community member with respect and compassion.

It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite. Please give community members time and space to do so.

You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line: 503-629-0111.

Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be able to respond immediately.

When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."

What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable" explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person?

TB

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<iNVtM.97731$mPI2.52035@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19740&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19740

Subject: Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 14:17:49 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 19 Jul 2023 18:17 UTC

Technobarbarian wrote:
> "What you need to know about camping in Tigard"
>
> Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the
> library.
>
> This is a link to the pamphlet:
>
> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard

"houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
example of boundlessness.

> Naturally, there's a link for more information:
>
> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters
>
> Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping"
> during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like
> they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts
> of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just
> a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're
> doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity.
> The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:
>
> "If you see a violation in the community:
>
> If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community
> member yourself.
>
> Here’s how –
>
> Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and
> be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating
> it.
>
> Approach the community member with respect and compassion.
>
> It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite.
> Please give community members time and space to do so.
>
> You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line:
> 503-629-0111.
>
> Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is
> creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or
> a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be
> able to respond immediately.
>
> When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is
> violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."
>
> What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable"
> explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person
Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their dumbassedness.

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<u9a5t7$2h75v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19741&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19741

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:24:39 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:oIG5LCjQIjGipGQx2REZWSDRuJA=
 by: George.Anthony - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:24 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> "What you need to know about camping in Tigard"
>>
>> Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the
>> library.
>>
>> This is a link to the pamphlet:
>>
>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard
>
> "houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
> example of boundlessness.
>
>> Naturally, there's a link for more information:
>>
>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters
>>
>> Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping"
>> during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like
>> they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts
>> of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just
>> a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're
>> doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity.
>> The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:
>>
>> "If you see a violation in the community:
>>
>> If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community
>> member yourself.
>>
>> Here’s how –
>>
>> Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and
>> be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating
>> it.
>>
>> Approach the community member with respect and compassion.
>>
>> It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite.
>> Please give community members time and space to do so.
>>
>> You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line:
>> 503-629-0111.
>>
>> Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is
>> creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or
>> a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be
>> able to respond immediately.
>>
>> When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is
>> violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."
>>
>> What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable"
>> explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person
> Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their dumbassedness.

And they do it with such ease and familiarity.

--
Biden has no idea what he’s doing but he’s really good at it.

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<on1uM.97916$SuUf.44810@fx14.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19742&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19742

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 22:56:20 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 20 Jul 2023 02:56 UTC

George.Anthony wrote:
> bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> "What you need to know about camping in Tigard"
>>>
>>> Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the
>>> library.
>>>
>>> This is a link to the pamphlet:
>>>
>>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard
>>
>> "houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
>> example of boundlessness.
>>
>>> Naturally, there's a link for more information:
>>>
>>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters
>>>
>>> Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping"
>>> during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like
>>> they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts
>>> of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just
>>> a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're
>>> doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity.
>>> The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:
>>>
>>> "If you see a violation in the community:
>>>
>>> If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community
>>> member yourself.
>>>
>>> Here’s how –
>>>
>>> Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and
>>> be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Approach the community member with respect and compassion.
>>>
>>> It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite.
>>> Please give community members time and space to do so.
>>>
>>> You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line:
>>> 503-629-0111.
>>>
>>> Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is
>>> creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or
>>> a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be
>>> able to respond immediately.
>>>
>>> When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is
>>> violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."
>>>
>>> What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable"
>>> explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person
>> Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their dumbassedness.
>>

> And they do it with such ease and familiarity.

And with efficaciousness.

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<R5-dnZBnDf6VoyD5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19760&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19760

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 07:49:46 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 14:49 UTC

On 7/19/2023 11:17 AM, bfh wrote:
> Technobarbarian wrote:
>> "What you need to know about camping in Tigard"
>>
>> Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the
>> library.
>>
>> This is a link to the pamphlet:
>>
>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard
>
> "houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
> example of boundlessness.
>
>>  Naturally, there's a link for more information:
>>
>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters
>>
>> Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping"
>> during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like
>> they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts
>> of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just
>> a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're
>> doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity.
>> The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:
>>
>> "If you see a violation in the community:
>>
>> If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community
>> member yourself.
>>
>> Here’s how –
>>
>> Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and
>> be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating
>> it.
>>
>> Approach the community member with respect and compassion.
>>
>> It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite.
>> Please give community members time and space to do so.
>>
>> You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line:
>> 503-629-0111.
>>
>> Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is
>> creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or
>> a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be
>> able to respond immediately.
>>
>> When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is
>> violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."
>>
>> What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable"
>> explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person
> Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their dumbassedness.

HawHawHaw!

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1681424737384435713?s=20

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<tycvM.105863$Fgta.40601@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19763&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19763

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 12:28:08 -0400
 by: bfh - Sun, 23 Jul 2023 16:28 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/19/2023 11:17 AM, bfh wrote:
>> Technobarbarian wrote:
>>> "What you need to know about camping in Tigard"
>>>
>>> Seriously. This is the title of a pamphlet I picked up at the
>>> library.
>>>
>>> This is a link to the pamphlet:
>>>
>>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing/camping-in-tigard
>>
>> "houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
>> example of boundlessness.
>>
>>>  Naturally, there's a link for more information:
>>>
>>> https://www.tigard-or.gov/community-support/housing-and-shelters
>>>
>>> Portland also has a similar ordinance now that prohibits "camping"
>>> during the day. It probably isn't enforceable. It sounds like
>>> they're trying hard to avoid enforcing it. There will be all sorts
>>> of warnings before they actually write a ticket. I think it's just
>>> a game the politicians are playing to make it look like they're
>>> doing something. But that isn't my favorite part of this insanity.
>>> The most insane part is the suggestion for community involvement:
>>>
>>> "If you see a violation in the community:
>>>
>>> If you feel comfortable, you may want to approach the community
>>> member yourself.
>>>
>>> Here’s how –
>>>
>>> Assume the person is not aware of the Time, Place, Manner rules and
>>> be prepared to talk about the ordinance and how they are violating
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Approach the community member with respect and compassion.
>>>
>>> It may take some time for the person to dismantle their campsite.
>>> Please give community members time and space to do so.
>>>
>>> You also may choose to call the police non-emergency line:
>>> 503-629-0111.
>>>
>>> Police response will be prioritized based on if the person is
>>> creating a public safety risk. If there are competing priorities or
>>> a high call volume, then the Tigard Police Department may not be
>>> able to respond immediately.
>>>
>>> When you call, be prepared to be specific about how the person is
>>> violating Tigard’s Time, Place, Manner Ordinance."
>>>
>>> What I want to know is, what sort of nut would feel "comfortable"
>>> explaining the rules to an "unhoused" person
>> Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their
>> dumbassedness.
>>

> HawHawHaw!
>
> https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1681424737384435713?s=20

You're a twitterer? I'm disappointed.

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<lQGdncksb_5xsCL5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19787&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19787

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:05:33 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:05 UTC

On 7/23/2023 9:28 AM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> "houselessness". LOL. The creativeness of dumbassedness is a prime
>>> example of boundlessness.

>>> Hardly a day goes by without the dumbasses confirming their
>>> dumbassedness.
>>>

>> HawHawHaw!
>>
>> https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1681424737384435713?s=20
>
> You're a twitterer? I'm disappointed.

I'm a DuckDuckGoer. And, surely you know, there will soon be no such
thing as twitterers. Sheesh! You hiding under a rock?

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<_oGvM.116094$TCKc.8472@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19789&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19789

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:26:02 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:26 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/23/2023 9:28 AM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> HawHawHaw!
>>>
>>> https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1681424737384435713?s=20
>>
>> You're a twitterer? I'm disappointed.
>>

> I'm a DuckDuckGoer. And, surely you  know, there will soon be no such
> thing as twitterers. Sheesh! You hiding under a rock?

What do you think they'll call them? Xers? Xies?

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<lQGdncgsb_7KriL5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19790&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19790

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 19:28:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:28 UTC

On 7/24/2023 7:26 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> You're a twitterer? I'm disappointed.
>>>

>> I'm a DuckDuckGoer. And, surely you  know, there will soon be no such
>> thing as twitterers. Sheesh! You hiding under a rock?
>
> What do you think they'll call them? Xers? Xies?

Good question. Maybe Xwitterers?

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<UQGvM.117598$U3w1.38979@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19791&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19791

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 22:55:48 -0400
 by: bfh - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 02:55 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/24/2023 7:26 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> I'm a DuckDuckGoer. And, surely you  know, there will soon be no
>>> such thing as twitterers. Sheesh! You hiding under a rock?
>>
>> What do you think they'll call them? Xers? Xies?
>>

> Good question. Maybe Xwitterers?

Twixers? Twixies? Twixters?

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<u9onqk$1511r$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19792&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19792

From: ganthony@gmail.org (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 09:56:20 -0500
 by: George.Anthony - Tue, 25 Jul 2023 14:56 UTC

seXters ?
--
NAGA Dimocrats are the diseased who are infecting the entire country
with insanity.

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<wamcnTQjQ6lV4F35nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19797&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19797

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 18:58:36 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 01:58 UTC

On 7/24/2023 7:55 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> What do you think they'll call them? Xers? Xies?
>>>

>> Good question. Maybe Xwitterers?
>
> Twixers? Twixies? Twixters?

Xtinkies? Xigwitters? Xagwatters? Orange gooners? Oops. Not sure how
that got in there...

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<1J%vM.132824$U3w1.132649@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19798&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19798

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 22:41:01 -0400
 by: bfh - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 02:41 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/24/2023 7:55 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> Good question. Maybe Xwitterers?
>>
>> Twixers? Twixies? Twixters?
>>

> Xtinkies? Xigwitters? Xagwatters? Orange gooners? Oops. Not sure how
> that got in there...

It's uniquely possible that it fell out of a hole in your spaghetti sack.

--
bill

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<lvedndhzDuMhMlz5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19806&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19806

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 16:43:59 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
References: <b78cfec2-33c9-4acc-b725-924346471b67n@googlegroups.com> <iNVtM.97731$mPI2.52035@fx15.iad> <R5-dnZBnDf6VoyD5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@giganews.com> <tycvM.105863$Fgta.40601@fx10.iad> <lQGdncksb_5xsCL5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <_oGvM.116094$TCKc.8472@fx13.iad> <lQGdncgsb_7KriL5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com> <UQGvM.117598$U3w1.38979@fx09.iad> <wamcnTQjQ6lV4F35nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com> <1J%vM.132824$U3w1.132649@fx09.iad>
From: i09172@removethisspamblockerstuff-yahoo.com (kmiller)
 by: kmiller - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 23:43 UTC

On 7/25/2023 7:41 PM, bfh wrote:
> kmiller wrote:

>>> Twixers? Twixies? Twixters?
>>>

>> Xtinkies? Xigwitters? Xagwatters? Orange gooners? Oops. Not sure how
>> that got in there...
>
> It's uniquely possible that it fell out of a hole in your spaghetti sack.

Unfounded, hurtful, speculation based on insufficient data and a
rudimentary, though fallacious, hypothesis.

Xpurters!

Re: What you need to know about camping in Tigard

<C8jwM.141264$U3w1.96263@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=19807&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#19807

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
<lvedndhzDuMhMlz5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@giganews.com>
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2023 20:47:30 -0400
 by: bfh - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 00:47 UTC

kmiller wrote:
> On 7/25/2023 7:41 PM, bfh wrote:
>> kmiller wrote:

>>> Xtinkies? Xigwitters? Xagwatters? Orange gooners? Oops. Not sure
>>> how that got in there...
>>
>> It's uniquely possible that it fell out of a hole in your spaghetti
>> sack.
>>

> Unfounded, hurtful, speculation based on insufficient data and a
> rudimentary, though fallacious, hypothesis.

Quit whining and go to your safe space.

--
bill

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / What you need to know about camping in Tigard