From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Subject: Trials
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 11:31:08 -0700
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:31 UTC

There is a trial going on in New York City, and it is to determine the
damages by the Trump oragnization for fudging numbers on legal forms.

Don Jr. and Eric have testified that they relied on their accountants
and lawyers, but the truth is that accountants and lawyers do not make
up the numbers. The numbers are suppplied my the owners of the
business, and they are responsible for the accuracy of them. The
accountants and lawyers merely fill out the forms and put the numbers
in the right places.

Any accountants or bookkeepers in this group?

Re: Trials

<3f108563-e997-49d3-9f25-1bb7f1eee5a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=197393&group=alt.usage.english#197393

Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:59:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Trials
From: lioneledwards61@gmail.com (Lionel Edwards)
 by: Lionel Edwards - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 18:59 UTC

On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 6:31:17 PM UTC, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> There is a trial going on in New York City, and it is to determine the
> damages by the Trump oragnization for fudging numbers on legal forms.
>
> Don Jr. and Eric have testified that they relied on their accountants
> and lawyers, but the truth is that accountants and lawyers do not make
> up the numbers. The numbers are suppplied my the owners of the
> business, and they are responsible for the accuracy of them. The
> accountants and lawyers merely fill out the forms and put the numbers
> in the right places.
>
> Any accountants or bookkeepers in this group?

People have all kinds of weird and wonderful ideas about how their accounts
should be put together, such as what is or is not allowable for tax. The accountant's
job is to oil the wheels, avoid hiccups, reduce costs. By and large, the
accountants I worked for did that very well.

You are never going to get complicated calculations, produced by a wide variety
of people, exactly right.

If you did, somebody else would come along and disagree with you.

Re: Trials

<1398kipdn9nj22ree13cfmbiun792vsnkj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=197415&group=alt.usage.english#197415

From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 15:42:43 -0700
 by: Mack A. Damia - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:42 UTC

On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:59:00 -0700 (PDT), Lionel Edwards
<lioneledwards61@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 6:31:17?PM UTC, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>> There is a trial going on in New York City, and it is to determine the
>> damages by the Trump oragnization for fudging numbers on legal forms.
>>
>> Don Jr. and Eric have testified that they relied on their accountants
>> and lawyers, but the truth is that accountants and lawyers do not make
>> up the numbers. The numbers are suppplied my the owners of the
>> business, and they are responsible for the accuracy of them. The
>> accountants and lawyers merely fill out the forms and put the numbers
>> in the right places.
>>
>> Any accountants or bookkeepers in this group?
>
>People have all kinds of weird and wonderful ideas about how their accounts
>should be put together, such as what is or is not allowable for tax. The accountant's
>job is to oil the wheels, avoid hiccups, reduce costs. By and large, the
>accountants I worked for did that very well.
>
>You are never going to get complicated calculations, produced by a wide variety
>of people, exactly right.
>
>If you did, somebody else would come along and disagree with you.

An acccountant and tax lawyer will know ways about how to reduce your
tax burden LEGALLY.

Lying about the size of your building or condo for loan or tax
purposes is not one them.

Re: Trials

<05m8ki16r1as90lv77icjjr46tte10vtuq@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=197422&group=alt.usage.english#197422

From: drsteerforth@yahoo.com (Mack A. Damia)
Newsgroups: alt.usage.english
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 19:21:17 -0700
 by: Mack A. Damia - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 02:21 UTC

On Thu, 02 Nov 2023 15:42:43 -0700, Mack A. Damia
<drsteerforth@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Nov 2023 11:59:00 -0700 (PDT), Lionel Edwards
><lioneledwards61@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 6:31:17?PM UTC, Mack A. Damia wrote:
>>> There is a trial going on in New York City, and it is to determine the
>>> damages by the Trump oragnization for fudging numbers on legal forms.
>>>
>>> Don Jr. and Eric have testified that they relied on their accountants
>>> and lawyers, but the truth is that accountants and lawyers do not make
>>> up the numbers. The numbers are suppplied my the owners of the
>>> business, and they are responsible for the accuracy of them. The
>>> accountants and lawyers merely fill out the forms and put the numbers
>>> in the right places.
>>>
>>> Any accountants or bookkeepers in this group?
>>
>>People have all kinds of weird and wonderful ideas about how their accounts
>>should be put together, such as what is or is not allowable for tax. The accountant's
>>job is to oil the wheels, avoid hiccups, reduce costs. By and large, the
>>accountants I worked for did that very well.
>>
>>You are never going to get complicated calculations, produced by a wide variety
>>of people, exactly right.
>>
>>If you did, somebody else would come along and disagree with you.
>
>An acccountant and tax lawyer will know ways about how to reduce your
>tax burden LEGALLY.
>
>Lying about the size of your building or condo for loan or tax
>purposes is not one them.

This from a clown on Facebook:

THE FACTS IN NYC:
[Everything about the case in New York City against the Trump
organization business operations is ridiculous. There are no victims.
There was no fraud. All of the lenders did their own due diligence.
All of the loans were paid back without issue and the statement of
financial condition was factual and accurate.
Additionally, the statute being used as the predicate for the case is
a consumer fraud statute, intended to protect borrowers from predatory
lenders. In the four corners of this case, Trump is the borrower, and
the banks were the lenders. New York is flipping the statute to claim
the borrower defrauded the lenders, despite the lenders denying there
was any fraud and there was no harm. The entire case is ridiculous.
In this brief video segment, Trump defense lawyer Alina Habba reviews
the current status of the case.]
--Sundance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzk0aevpWg4&t=22s...

I told HER that she has a duty to tell the judge what she knows, and
he will dismiss all the charges.

Oh, yes, and I called HER a "foolish clown".

interests / alt.usage.english / Re: Trials