Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
From: redydog@rye.net (bfh)
Subject: They never learn
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 14:10:22 -0400
 by: bfh - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 18:10 UTC

https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque-guns-governor-concealed-carry-fc5b4b79bf411b8022c3ad58975724d7

--------------------------------------
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday
issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in
public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30
days in response to a spate of gun violence.
--------------------------------------
Yep. That ought to work. All the crazies and scumbags will most
certainly self-comply out of a self-sense of public self-responsibility.
HawHawHaw!

--------------------------------------
The firearms suspension, classified as an emergency public health
order, applies to open and concealed carry in most public places, from
city sidewalks to urban recreational parks.
-------------------------------------
"public health order". HawHawHaw!
Open carry enforcement is obvious, but how do they intend to enforce
the prohibition on carrying concealed? Don't they know the definition
of "concealed" - in just about any context? Are they going to start a
stop-and-frisk on people if their shirt is hanging funny? Suspicious
lump in a pocket? A purse or shoulder bag that looks too heavy for the
social and location context? Are they going to put inspection points
at every entrance to every public place?
HawHawHaw!
Dumbasses.

“If it saves one life, then it’s worth doing,” Viscoli said.
I've been wondering where that dumbass old cliche had gone - I haven't
seen it in a significant passage of time. Looks like it's about to be
revived in time for next year's elections, when I'm pretty sure
politicians will be calling for comprehensive gun
"safety" reform. But hey. What about the one life that could be saved
by an innocent person using a gun in self-defense?

The state Department of Health will compile a report on gunshot
victims at New Mexico hospitals that includes age, race, gender and
ethnicity, along with the brand and caliber of firearm involved and
other general circumstances.
Just the "victims". Well, OK - but don't they think something
efficacious could be learned by doing the same thing for the
shooters?........oh wait.........nevermind.......that might reveal
some inconvenient facts that would get the DEI folks in an uproar?

--
bill

Re: They never learn

<udistq$84k7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=20201&group=rec.outdoors.rv-travel#20201

From: ganthony@gmail.net (George.Anthony)
Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.rv-travel
Subject: Re: They never learn
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 22:51:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KkAY3QCmerBq8wtTDdkTJeW7es8=
 by: George.Anthony - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 22:51 UTC

bfh <redydog@rye.net> wrote:
> https://apnews.com/article/albuquerque-guns-governor-concealed-carry-fc5b4b79bf411b8022c3ad58975724d7
>
> --------------------------------------
> SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday
> issued an emergency order suspending the right to carry firearms in
> public across Albuquerque and the surrounding county for at least 30
> days in response to a spate of gun violence.
> --------------------------------------
It’s hard to believe these idiot liberals (oops, sorry for the redundancy)
really think these futile acts of symbolism will cause any reduction in
violent crime. If they really want to reduce crime they would resign and
let someone with a brain take over.

> Yep. That ought to work. All the crazies and scumbags will most
> certainly self-comply out of a self-sense of public self-responsibility.
> HawHawHaw!
>
> --------------------------------------
> The firearms suspension, classified as an emergency public health
> order, applies to open and concealed carry in most public places, from
> city sidewalks to urban recreational parks.
> -------------------------------------
> "public health order". HawHawHaw!
> Open carry enforcement is obvious, but how do they intend to enforce
> the prohibition on carrying concealed? Don't they know the definition
> of "concealed" - in just about any context? Are they going to start a
> stop-and-frisk on people if their shirt is hanging funny? Suspicious
> lump in a pocket? A purse or shoulder bag that looks too heavy for the
> social and location context? Are they going to put inspection points
> at every entrance to every public place?
> HawHawHaw!
> Dumbasses.

> “If it saves one life, then it’s worth doing,” Viscoli said.
> I've been wondering where that dumbass old cliche had gone - I haven't
> seen it in a significant passage of time. Looks like it's about to be
> revived in time for next year's elections, when I'm pretty sure
> politicians will be calling for comprehensive gun
> "safety" reform. But hey. What about the one life that could be saved
> by an innocent person using a gun in self-defense?

> The state Department of Health will compile a report on gunshot
> victims at New Mexico hospitals that includes age, race, gender and
> ethnicity, along with the brand and caliber of firearm involved and
> other general circumstances.
> Just the "victims". Well, OK - but don't they think something
> efficacious could be learned by doing the same thing for the
> shooters?........oh wait.........nevermind.......that might reveal
> some inconvenient facts that would get the DEI folks in an uproar?

--
Interesting scientific fact - your DNA is on everything you touch except
your bag of coke.

interests / rec.outdoors.rv-travel / Re: They never learn